Horrible Captaincy yet again.. Sigh!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Feb 21, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I think Misbah is easily the worst odi captain I have seen in my whole life. Today again his captaincy was horrible.

To start with, dropped Yasir when windies are horrible against spin bowling and unknown factor of Yasir might have helped Pakistan.

The he elected to bowl first when bowling wasnt our strength in this match, that too on a flat pitch.

Third, brought Haris in 12th over which helped Windies to settle down after losing two wickets.

Then after Samules dismissal,; he brought maqsood which again resulted in 8 runs and helped Ramdin to settle down.

So much defensiveness.. really poor.

2. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    He didn't drop the catches did he. WI would have collapsed had we held onto the catches.

3. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    As bad as he was we have to remember that most of his bowlers did give him a chance every 3rd over for first 30 overs. Now had those been held I'm sure Windies would have struggled to make 220 even. It's not taking catches which meant they had chance to smash at the end with field restrictions etc. This team was poor as a whole and captain is just one small part of it.
    Need to rebuild in future with players who are proper athletes or else team will be in same position in another 4 years

4. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I won't blame entirely the captain only for this debacle. I firmly believe this started the day the plan was laid for this world cup by our selectors. Now that plan did involve inputs from coaches and captain at that time but the execution has been pathetic until now.
    The plan itself was disastrous involving failed players and now the outcome is getting pretty embarrassing for these people.

5. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    Dropped catches are to blame here and playing potatoes like Jamshed and dinosaurs like YK.

6. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Listen even if we ignore his captaincy this match and last match, actually let's ignore it and cast our eyes over the last 4 years.

What team has Misbah built? 4 years he was captain, everything changed whether it was; chairman, selectors, coaches, players - there wasn't no consistency, yet Misbah remained captain so please do tell me what team has he built?

He was more than happy allowing the likes of; Farhat, Taufeeq, Malik, K Akmal, Tanvir, A Akmal, Hafeez, YK, basically all his so called 'experienced' buddies run riot in the team for 4 years despite crappy results and fans demanding a long term strategy and come world cup he allows guys with barely 10 match experience (Maqsood, Haris, Yasir, Ehsan, Sohail etc) to join the campaign, I mean WTF!

Why didn't he force a long term plan which included these guys? When clearly his buddies weren't performing, was he blind to the obviousness in front of him?
    What did he do for 4 years that helped this team at least bring some confidence going to the WC?

Heck, who the hell has Misbah groomed to take captaincy in 4 years?!

This guy has done nothing in 4 years, absolute nothing!

7. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Misbah the 40 year old got beat by a 23 year old captain, who was appointed days before world cup. Yet Misbah apologists swear that we didn't have enough time to appoint a new captain even a year ago.

8. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Blame Misbah for everything. Not the gutless cowards who are more concerned with taking selfies. Tell me one more thing, why to the ugliest and darkest players use the most sunblock.

9. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Misbah is indeed a horrible, defensive & coward Captain but our team is also no different. Wait for further embarrassment at the hands of Zimbabwe, UAE & finally Ireland will kick us out from the WC in the final group game like 2007.

10. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Captaincy was poor at times but no excuses should be made foe the guys in the top 4. Regardless of the match situation being 4 down for 1 is inexcusable and not the fault of the skipper.

3 of these wickets were so called 'youngsters'.

In a 30-40 run loss we could possibly lay the blame squarely on the players. In a thrashing like this the blame has to be shouldered by the batting and fielders.

11. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Passionate Pakistani Everything is a mess yaar did you notice the body language of players again today especially in the field? I was reading Nick Knight after the game and even he spotted it - there is no intensity in this team at all.

12. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    This isn't new, he's a defensive mentality batter also. Why didn't he promote himself to 3 and say I'm going to win this game for my country. Instead exposed youngsters to swinging ball.

13. Pakfast

Pakfast Talented

May 8, 2013
    I hate misbah, I really do, but if players start dropping such catches what can he do? Sure the captaincy has been poor and defensive but we had plenty of opportunities today. The team body language was excellent in the beginning and started dropping with each and every dropped catch and misfield. Again the captaincy was horrible but even a master tactician would've struggled with the kind of fielding we saw. Now the row with the fielding coach really starts to get clearer.

14. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Horrible captaincy to bring Haris when we had WI on the mat. Dropped catches are just an excuse. Misbah captained like a coward.

15. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Adil n co were having jokes after Pak were 4 down.

16. Pakistan97

Pakistan97 Tracer Bullet

Sep 7, 2010
    Yeah saw it too. Everybody was having fun, Haris just starred at the game.

17. Questioner

Questioner Talented

Jul 1, 2013
    The fielders were all of the place as well.

18. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Who wore the most sunblock lol, Umar Akmal?

19. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Worst ODI captain ever, hides behind his batting performances when he scores his 50s to gain some sympathy from the fans. Never seen a worse captain

20. raamishasadraza

raamishasadraza Talented

Feb 25, 2014
    well he shuldnt have played jamshed, shud have dropped younis and brought in sarfraz. or done something new and promoted himself up the order. instead he didnt.

21. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    captain with mental toughness will have come out to bat at 3.

22. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    You have to blame the captain for the recent performances. He leads the team and since he would get the credit when Pakistan when, he also should take the blame when they lose.

This loser guy has no balls to kick YK out of the team and/or set Shehzad's attitude straight and/or get Umar Akmal to perform. He has no balls to attack the other team and no balls to develop some sort of attacking mindset.

He may be an okay batsman, but he's the most pathetic captain I've ever seen.

23. raamishasadraza

raamishasadraza Talented

Feb 25, 2014
    the sad thing is most fans dont realize this, think he s the supposed saviour or something. he may be a decent bat but the worst captain i have yet seen. and ppl say he's a better captain than imran khan

24. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    I don't disagree. I think he made some poor decisions. I won't comment on the selection issues as I don't know what is happening behind the scenes but agree that his decision to give 2 spinners a bowl instead of trying to exert more pressure with Wahab was a poor one ( along with a few others).

But for goodness sake 1-4?!? The players need to man the f**k up too and accept some responsibility. We make too many excuses, blaming coaches, skippers, PCB etc but ultimately it comes down to a bunch of prima donnas who unfortunately have egos higher than their batting average.

We talk a lot about having balls but whats the point on having balls when the whole team is impotent anyway?

25. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    agree with ComradeVenom there is absolutely no excuse for 1/4 even if all 4 were tailenders

26. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    We give our players too much leeway. Yes the captain is important and yes we probably should have batted first....but if you need to so many things to go in your favour to beat the West Indies ( who have been knocked around like a battered housewife for the last few series) then its time to accept that these players are just as big luloos as the skipper.

27. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Playing for a team like Pakistan and with millions of people praying for them and they give us this? Plus bad body language? F them all who do they think they are. It's not like they are match winners they're only in the team because we have nobody else and should be replaced by others who at least have good attitude.

28. raamishasadraza

raamishasadraza Talented

Feb 25, 2014
    yeah absolutely true but with fawad and sarfraz in the team things cud have been slightly different. he as a captain shud have raised his voice over this issue, it cud be hes satisfied with this decision or either hes too meek to speak out. either way we arent playing with our full strength and hence getting embarrassed by weak teams.

29. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
  30. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Easy to criticize from the comfort of our chairs.

31. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    I'm sure if he formed a cs 11 we would have done equally as bad if not better, cuz Asli pathan is arshad khan like spinner... So we are on par and have the right to criticize them.

32. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    A CS XI wouldn't have even passed Waqar's fitness test.

33. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Sunblock saves from skin cancer. Some people have more sensitivity to sun. It has nothing to do with skin color. Please no more jaahil posts. Dark doesn't mean ugly. Stop being ignorant. Only Pakis/Indians in 2015 would still think that way.

34. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Ure just a hater... dashing_man alone himself would have ran laps for all of us.

35. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    I would have lobbied for you to become captain though. :p

36. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    see we would be perfect :p

37. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    :lol What do their looks have to do with anything?! It's not their fault whether they are ugly or dark. It's cricket not a fashion show.

38. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    I didn't say dark was ugly. Don't be so sensitive. It was actually a reference to that mug Shehzad. Sorry to have offended. Please remove your tampon.

39. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Ugly people shouldn't take so many pictures.

40. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyways, he can take as many selfies as he wants but don't publish them online because people are going to use that against him.

If he only he used those selfie shots during practice and convinced himself that he's playing like crap.