1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

How did you discover Cricistan?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Major, Mar 13, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    Is that how you got banned? Haha

2. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    No this was back in 2011

They just warned me

3. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    I'm talking about Afghan as a nationality

Many Pakistan Pashtuns want nothing to do with Afghanistan and detest it

4. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    What did they say you did wrong?

5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    he slogged the wrong ball *wink*

6. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    They just said we have a policy where you can't promote other forums.

It was only a few months id been on a forum so I guess they didn't make it a big deal

7. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  8. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Some interesting posts in this thread.

I was receiving emails from Merc to sign up & I did...but hardly contributed. It’s only in the last 2-3yrs that I became a frequent poster.

I also have fond memories of PCZ @chandtara.
    I thought that forum was great.

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    PCZ ?

10. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Good times at PCZ. Made some good friends there who I am still in touch with up till this date.

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Formerly known as the cricket zone and then pakistancricketzone

12. MecnunK

MecnunK Youngsta Beauty

Oct 21, 2015
    i was a member at pcz, i am pretty sure...

13. abc_to_xyz

abc_to_xyz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 20, 2016
    Mine's been an interesting journey:

Joined PakPassion in early 2009 after lurking around as a guest for year or two, volunteered for their designing team in mid/late 2009, made banners stuff for them till 2012. Among all, the most memorable work was the photoshop task of Azhar Ali's butt-clapping debut cap handing pics. Anyway, in 2013-14 I got slow with their designing stuff as I was working for a local event and Pak Cricket was almost dead back then (Its still surviving on its last breath I believe). I only did 1-2 banners/bg in year or more. This lead to impromptu kicking out of me from the design team.

Then they banned me for gossiping about conspiracies and team members.

Created another account, got banned for feminism debate having opposite view to their team (No abuse from my side, still).

Tried another time, created another account. This time I got banned for mentioning that I was there from 2009.

They almost seem like they're working for BCCI. They advertise the wrong set of players, talk about wrong strategies to divert community's mind. Every Pakistani knew that Pakistan is going to lose a great bowling stock in 2010's ban. But they were acting 'we are doodh kay dhulay and they are pure evil so ban them'. Even mentioning that Indian hand was involved in that would lead to deleted post or ban, let alone planning to counter it.

So after so many bans, said enough is enough. Left it for good. Won't be joining them ever again. Its time to break their monopoly by promoting rivals. Its time to tell them that only because they pay the hosting bills doesn't mean that they own the community. It is powered by free users, and that power can be snatched away if they kept their pathetic ways of enslaving the users there. (Okay, stopping :p)

Someone (I think it was MiG but I don't remember exact) mailed me (in a group email) to join Cricistan few years back. I couldn't understand why. Everything was looking relatively smooth there. But now I do. So here am I.

One thing that appeared strange here was sign-up approval from Admin. Its soo PPish. Users should be free to register once they pass through email verification on their own. Waiting for approval just kills the tempo for new users.

14. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Good to see you here.

15. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Their loss is our gain, good to have you here. We hope you feel more at home here.

16. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Out of interest, have any of our members joined through any promotions of our social media accounts?

17. abc_to_xyz

Nov 20, 2016
    Thank you, I pray this play be lot more active.

In Sha Allah! :D

18. Jeetu

Jeetu Youngsta Beauty

Feb 7, 2017
    I had no clue about cricistan for a long time, until i became a mod on PP for simming its Cricket League. Funny enough reference came from MIG and Saj who kept chatting about "Mercistan". Another mod at the time called King_Rizzy clarified to me that it was a slang for rival site called Cricistan.

19. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Interesting @Mercenary

20. abc_to_xyz

Nov 20, 2016
    Once I got into their whats-app group after being a forum moderator. It was hell :p Welcome here btw!

21. Jeetu

Jeetu Youngsta Beauty

Feb 7, 2017
    Whatsapp group main group was chaos , took all the fun out of being mod. Glad i quit that.

22. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    lol Mercistan, real mature stuff from those two old men

23. Jeetu

Jeetu Youngsta Beauty

Feb 7, 2017
    I am surprised that no one else ever mentioned it here before.

24. abc_to_xyz

Nov 20, 2016
    Yes, I've been mod of many apps forums, no one treated their mods like slaves. Run around like hungry wolves, search for any slightly unconvincing post, delete if their master gives a call.

25. Jeetu

Jeetu Youngsta Beauty

Feb 7, 2017
    Pretty much that all Saj , he was angry at me because it started asking for the gift that he owed me for winning competition. He did initially try to to get out of it by making childish excuses. Eventually he agreed to send to me Pakistan's jersey , more than one year on i guess its still in mail , :D.

26. abc_to_xyz

Nov 20, 2016
    lol, never saw them mentioning the word gift there :p Guess they've gone bit too arrogant.

Mercistan sounds cool though :p