How to squeeze Asif Ali in WC squad?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 14, 2019.

Should Pakistan include Asif Ali in WC squad?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    He looks in great form and made vital contribution towards the total, which has crossed 350 twice now. I dont think we will be crossing 350 if Malik was part of playing XI.

That said, he wasnt named in the 15-man WC squad, but I think we could certainly use him.

Question is how?

2. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I would drop Malik and add Asif. Malik isn't in the best of form and has personal issues that could further hamper his playing ability. But don't see the management taking that approach. What I do see them doing is dropping Abid Ali from the squad.

3. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Ideally, i would drop Malik but let's face it, THAT is NOT going to happen.
    With Imam and Fakher hitting form at just the right time, we don't need a third opener, so drop Abid and pick Asif instead.
    If you do end up needing another opener, than Baber can do the job, he already does it in T20's, so it shouldn't be a problem....

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

4. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Of course. How can u not included him after his last two innings... coupled with the fact the team has only Fakhar as the other hitter.

Imam
    Babar
    Sarfraz
    Haris

All 4 are strike rotators mainly.

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I know its not doable to drop Malik, because he's in good book's of Mickey. Given that, it will be Abid, who might have to make way for Asif.

6. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    That is, IF they pick him.

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Asif and Amir selection was based on this tour. I think Asif has done enough to warrant selection. Also, they havent given any game to Abid yet, which means he might not be part of WC squad, I reckon.

8. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Our selectors are (in)famous for decisions which were much more stupid than this one, so we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.

9. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
  10. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Even if asif makes the team with Maliki and Hafeez around he won't make the playing 11.

Any chance of asking abid to keep and drop sarfraz?

Sent from my SM-G611F using Tapatalk

11. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    I have been saying all along that Asif need to be a part of this team.After the two good performance, Asif will get into the team in place of Abid, who i think wont get to play any match against England.
    As for Aamer, after the performances of the rest of the bowler, it is hard to leave him out, he can easily replace the likes of faheem ashraf.After a very very long time Pak might be going into a WC with below average bowlers.In 1983 Pak had Sarfraz nawaz,Rashid khan,ijaz faqih,Shahid mehboob and Qadir, probably that attack was better than current toothless attack.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  12. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    I'd drop Malik or Faheem but both won't be dropped. It will be Abid Ali.

Asif is a no brainer, must be in the squad.

Will be:
    Shadab for Yasir
    Amir (if fit) will be in the squad for Hasnain probably, they may stick with Junaid.
    Asif for Abid.

13. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    [​IMG]