How well do your parents know you?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by ElRaja, Jan 15, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    simple question really which came up from a conversation i had with one of my friends.

the point i made was i wanted to have a place of my own, since ive never been able to have friends over, etc, because my friends drink, smoke, and all sorts. additionally the person i am around my family is most definitely different to who i am around my friends in many ways, and that some times i feel like im living a lie.

he said that i am, but it was okay because there should be a level of respect for you to not be able to communicate about things, etc.

so how well do ur parents know you guys. if there was a spy cam on you when u were away with friends and your parents could see, would they be alarmed?

2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    your parents know you, period. especially your mother. dont think you are living a lie.

3. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    you cannot hide anything from your parents. You think they dont know but they know.

Talking from experiences of @Red Devil special box under his bed. note @Munna @SwingNSeam @maddgenius Ast/

4. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Most parents know about their child inside out (at least emotionally) no matter how good the child is at concealing some events or parts of his/her life.

As Baba Shakespeare said, all the world’s a stage and one man in his time plays many parts.

So it is completely normal to behave differently when parents are around.

We all play different roles in front of different people in everyday life.

5. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    so true. I act like a human being in real life.

6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Parents know everything about their Children no matter how good the children are at hiding things.

I used to smoke. My father (May Allah grant him the highest place in Jannah) never caught me while smoking. I was not even carrying the packet of cigarettes in my pocket when I was at home. But one day he told my mother to tell me that the money I spend on cigarettes I should rather spend on fruits. When my mother told me this I was surprised that how did my father came to know that I am smoking. He never told me directly about it.

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I dont know (my mom passed away when I was 6 and Dad passed away when I was 16).

8. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Sorry to hear that man.

9. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    So sorry to hear that dude.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Thank you friends, yes, life hasn't been a walk in the park for me. But its much, much better now Alhamdulillah.

11. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Agree with all of the above, parents generally know their children very well. Sometimes they are vocal, sometimes they don't speak about it.

12. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine what life would be like when my parents are not around.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Thanks for your kinds words man, yes, its has been a bumpy ride but things have been much better and stable since I finished my graduation and specialization.

14. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    i actually used to think the same as the general consensus in this thread, but i've met some truly, uninformed to be kind, parents, who have absolutely no idea what their kids are like.

whether its a case of willful ignorance, to not have to deal with certain things, or not, i cant say. but i've seen enough to know that the blanket statement that parents know their kids is a bit too much of a generalisation.

thats tough bro, so who were ur guardians in that time?

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I was on my own for 3 years and immigrated to Canada. Then lived with my brother's family until I finished graduation and specialization. Then moved out after I found full-time job.

Oh yes, mostly I have lived alone in my wife, till I got married - lol.

16. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I think they’d really be shocked with one thing I do, otherwise it’s alright.

17. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Oh damn I'm really really sorry to hear this man. May Allah grant them Jannat. Ameen.

18. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Thanks so much bro.

19. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Quite well to be honest. They know what makes me tick, my general likes and dislikes, when I am unhappy inside but putting on a brave face etc.

They dont know some activities I carried out in my younger days but generally they know the important stuff.

Many of my friends smoke and drink. Even I smoke occasionally but neither of us would smoke infront of anyones parents even now when we are around 30 years old.

20. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Mine was an arranged marriage. It took 3 years of living together to understand each other.

I am past 10 years of married life now and it has been a pretty smooth sailing so far thank God :)

21. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  22. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  23. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    I would like to think my parents know me very well.They wouldn't be too shocked if they could see me with friends apart from the occasional lad behaviour.I suppose I am lucky with the fact my dad is quite open minded and doesn't have that typical desi parent outlook.

Your point of some parents being oblivious is valid.Some of my friends parents would have a hard time accepting their child could do some of the things they have done. This detachment is also one of the reasons i believe criminality is on the rise in my local community.

24. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Posting after ages man.. good to see u back. Hope all is well

25. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    sorry to hear this brother. very sad.

26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Thanks for your kind words bro.