1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Hundreds join first Pakistan rally to honour bin Laden

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Omar, May 2, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    QUETTA: Hundreds took to the streets of Pakistan’s city of Quetta on Monday to pay homage to Osama bin Laden, chanting death to America and setting fire to a US flag, witnesses and organisers said.

Angry participants belonging to a religious party in Quetta, the capital of southwestern province Baluchistan, were led by federal lawmaker Maulawi Asmatullah. They also torched a US flag before dispersing peacefully.

It was the first rally in Pakistan after the United States announced that bin Laden had been killed in an overnight commando mission in Pakistan.

Organisers said between 1,000 and 1,200 people attended the rally, but witnesses put the figure closer to 800.

“Bin Laden was the hero of the Muslim world and after his martyrdom he has won the title of great mujahed (Muslim fighter),” Asmatullah said.

Hundreds join first Pakistan rally to honour bin Laden | Provinces | DAWN.COM

2. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Seriously this is just ridiculous!

3. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    The killing of innocent people now makes him a muslim hero? I haven’t heard so much rubbish in my life. Pakistan continues to go downhill and it’s pretty much unstoppable in my eyes.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    I will not blame these people actually. This is hatred for America which brought them out in the streets rather than love for Bin Laden.

5. sohaib-789

sohaib-789 Emerging Player

Mar 11, 2010
    He was a bad person but he did not deserve to die the way he did. America will be made to pay for this...

6. Joseph K.

Joseph K. Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    I wouldn't mind Pakistanis hating America because like all empires before it, American empire is constructed on deceit and cruelity. Only if Pakistanis had not lived off American aid, this anger would have suited them. Beggars trying to bite the hand that feeds them is not a very glorious spectacle. It becomes even worse. Pakistanis have been sponging off both the American aid and aid from their 'brothers' in the Middle East and in order to please these two opposing masters, they end up in rediculous situations like the recent fiasco in Abbottabad. Pak Army are a state within a state. They create and shelter monsters and then these jihadi nutcases are used against India in Kashmir where they perform Pak Army's dirty work for them. Then these Jihadis come back and blow up Pak soldiers when not completely pleased with us!

Americans hate us but many Americans, specially the educated classes, understand what is really going on and the dirty role their country plays in world politics. Heck, there are even decent jews who openly oppose the state of Israel. But hatred is universal among Muslims and specially among Pakistanis. Yes this hatred can be justified. Justify it then. Show some decency and refuse the US aid and become self-sufficient first. Do not try to bite the hand that feeds you, for the sake of common decency.

Osama had lost his influence many years ago. He was a small fish when they 'got him.' There are bigger nutcases running around in your neighbourhoods. They should be the real cause of concern, not someone who had passed his 'best before' date.

7. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    I partly agree with you, but the American "AID" should be given as aid and not as a payment for drone attacks which kill many civilians and doing similar operations to which they did against Osama which is what many Pakistanis are against. They could have asked permission before entering Pakistani space and carried out the operation. Its more of a "how could Americans infilitrate our air space" rather than "we like the guy who they killed" in the eyes of many Pakistanis.

The 'aid' should be labelled as a payment to deploy troops and drone attacks rather than aid.

The highlighted part is a baseless comment. The majority of muslims dont hate the American or western civilians. They oppose many of the attacks down by the military. Like the case in Iraq which not only Muslims are against. Thousands of innocent civilians have died.