Hussain Talat : Performace watch

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Mar 30, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Not trying to over hype but the boy single handedly saved today's game for us.

Has already shown his adeptness with bat in PSL, but it's lovey to see that he can contribute with ball too. Seems like Shane Watson type of player, a pure batsman and a decent medium pacer.

He came to bat no.7, when others created a mess, but pushed the total to a fighting score (smashed 14 vital runs in last four balls of our innings today). I believe he should bat higher up the order (could be resolution of our no.6 problems) and not rotting at 7. Clearly looks like a modern batsmen with good strike rate. Doing well in under 23 Asia cup when other batsmen struggled. Should be associated with Pakistan team at any level, rather than rot in domestic.

What's your opinion about him?

2. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Good batsman who can bowl a bit too.

3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    did he even play a game this tour ?

so far his only performance watch is sticking gum under the seats

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Which tour are we talking about here?

He's playing ACC emerging teams cup.

5. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    100x better than your beloved snail.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    We need these type of players who play modern cricket, can rotate strike and hit big hits at will up in the order.

Having them come late in the order will do no good, because by then game would've been lost already.

7. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Lol at beloved. He is performing and deserves a chance at some point. Simple as.

8. maddgenius

maddgenius Whispering Death

Oct 6, 2014
    Who's Snail?

9. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Imam Ul Haq

10. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Babar Azam

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Islamabad United’s all-rounder Hussain Talat has said that he wants to perform a role which is very similar to what Jacques Kallis and Shane Watson did for their teams.

In an interview to Pakpassion, Hussain Talat said, “I am convinced that I can perform an important role for my side as a batting all-rounder who can hold his own as a proper batsman in the top order.”

“What I wish to do is to become an all-rounder who plays in the top-order, and to perform a role which is very similar to what Jacques Kallis and Shane Watson did for their teams,” said the 21-year-old.

Giving an example of Abdul Razzaq, Talat said that even Abdul Razzaq played up the order at the start of his career.

“I have had good experience as an opening batsman in One-Day games and in Twenty20 games I have played from the 3rd to the 7th batting positions. However, my aim is to establish myself in any side as a proper recognised batsman who can play in the 4th or 5th batting position for his team,” Talat stated.

Commenting on international cricket, he said, “I am absolutely in good shape to join the national side if I am selected.”

Talat was called in for the squad of 30 players squad for the tour of West Indies in 2017, however, he was not selected for the final 15 players announced for the tour.

https://www.brecorder.com/2018/02/0...-role-for-pakistan-says-emerging-all-rounder/

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Hussain Talat – A star in the making

Hussain Talat developed the love for cricket seeing his father, uncles and brother play for Ravi Cricket Club in Shaadra. The then 11-year old used to accompany his father and elder brother, who used to go to a nearby ground for training before dawn. Like any other kid of Pakistan, he was also a street-cricketer. His father soon realized that his younger son has also got the passion for the game so he took the young Talat to the same club, from where he started his journey.

He played a couple of years in the Ravi Cricket Club and then switched to Muslim Model School when he was in 7th grade, which was a cricket school. “It was a cricket school, where you play cricket and also study alongside, there used to be practice sessions from 9 AM to 12 PM at the Manto Park,” he told. The school has been quite successful on the school circuit and have done international tours.

Hussain Talat was an extremely hard working and a dedicated cricketer since he started playing. While he was in the cricket school, he also joined a club called Victorious Cricket Club that also used to do nets in the Manto Park in the evening. “There was a club at Manto Park, Victorious Cricket Club, who has produced many international cricketers including Amir Sohail. They used to do nets in the evening at the same venue, so I used to practice with the school in the morning and with the club in the evening.”

[​IMG]

When the left-handed batsman was in school, he was selected for Lahore U-16 side. As he was going to play for the U-19 zonal tournament, his club, Victorious, stood in his way and did not forward his name to favour cricketers that have been with them since their childhood. Each club had to recommend two names, but they refused to forward his. He was worried about his progress in the circuit. At that time, his former club, Ravi Cricket Club came to his rescue on a special request of his father. “At that moment, I asked my former club, Ravi Cricket Club if they can recommend my name, but they were reluctant as I wasn’t playing for them, but my father requested them to send my name, eventually they forwarded my name along with another player and I was in the inter-district U-19 team.”

His test did not end there. In the inter-district tournament, there are five matches for each team. Despite a consistent performer at the U-16 level, Talat was given just one game in the first four, where he managed to score only 21 runs. The other player that his former club recommended was being favoured over him. Being disheartened, he called his regional U-16 coach, Kamran Khan who had asked him to talk to him whenever he is stuck. Knowing the potential of the batting all-rounder, his former coach contacted his zone’s chairman and convinced him to give him a chance in the last match of the campaign. “I called him and explained him the whole situation. My coach then called the chairman of my zone and convinced him to give me an opportunity. He [Kamran Khan] then informed me that you are playing the next game, make the most out of it,” he told. Talat was asked by his coach to perform outstandingly well in that match to advance in the domestic circuit.

The determined Hussain Talat took the field with a thought that he has to play the best inning of his career that day. “I scored 120 runs in that contest,” he told cheerily. I will never forget that match. Had I not played that game, I would not have been here today,” he shared. Afterward, there was no looking back for him.

Every player has to play three seasons in U-19 regional. He represented Lahore U-19 in his debut year where he scored around 300 runs. Then there were departments’ U-19 teams in the system, so he represented ZTBL in the next two years, where he got 500+ runs in the second season and topped the third season with more than 800 runs under his belt. Seeing the immense potential in the young cricketer, his department offered him a place in their senior team. He made his List A debut during a one-day tournament in 2013-14 and he was straightaway among the top five run-scorers of that season. He scored two half-centuries and a 141 not out in his first four one-dayers. With that performance, he had announced his arrival.

With his consistent run in the domestic circuit, it was almost impossible to ignore him. He made it into Pakistan U-19 team that toured England. “We had a triangular series there and we were the champions at the end, we were unbeaten throughout the tournament. I took ten wickets and scored more than 200 runs, I won the man of the match award in one of the games, where I scored around 70 runs and took three wickets,” he recalled.

[​IMG]

While playing U-19 cricket, he learned that the difference between Pakistan cricket and other countries is that they groom their players very well. Most of the players of Pakistan U-19 lose their way somewhere in the middle before landing in the national side. Whereas, other teams handpick their players from the grass-root level and nourish their skills to compete against the best cricketers of the world.

The day since Pakistan Super League was announced, he was confident to be selected by a team. He had no idea which franchise will pick him, but he was certain that he will play the league. “I had decent performances under my belt. I had the feeling that I will play PSL,” he told. “I still remember, on the draft day, there was a game between SNGPL and WAPDA at the UBL Sports Complex, Karachi, everyone was hoping to get his name in the league. Then I was informed that Islamabad United has picked me and later I came to know that I was under their radar since I played the domestic T20 tournament. I was on the cloud nine!”

The champions of the inaugural edition PSL, Islamabad United had a star-studded team with Misbah Ul Haq leading the side and players like Saeed Ajmal playing under him. Talat had earlier played with these two in the domestic circuit and had good chemistry with them, so he was not overawed at the occasion. However, being an all-rounder and having foreign stars like Shane Watson and Andre Russell in the ranks, he was ecstatic to play alongside them. “I was very eager to play alongside Shane Watson, Andre Russell and the other international stars of the team. I was looking forward to learning different tricks of the game from them and nurture myself,” he told.

The emerging all-rounder was excited to learn under the wing of Shane Watson and look to get as much knowledge from him as possible. “I talked to Shane Watson during the tournament as he was one of the best all-rounders in the cricket fraternity, his tips helped me rectify my mistakes,” Hussain Talat mentioned. “He advised me to work on my fitness and keep working on my weaknesses. I learned discipline from him, in fact I have learned a lot from our local players like Misbah Ul Haq in domestic as well, he is a role model for budding cricketers all around the world,” he added.

[​IMG]

Wasim Akram was in the coaching staff of Islamabad United during the first two seasons of PSL, being a top-class bowler and a handy batsman in his playing days, learning from him can be priceless for any young cricketer. It was like a dream come true for the young man. “I always wished to learn from Wasim Akram, he taught us a lot, and he taught us discipline. He emphasized on fitness and a healthy lifestyle. He imparted the precious knowledge that he learned in his long career,” he went on to say.

Talking about the time he spent under Akram’s mentorship, he recalled his PSL debut, when he was extremely nervous ahead of the game but went on to score a half-century, he shared the priceless words that the Sultan of Swing said to him. “I was very nervous before the match as I was finally going to play in the tournament,” he recalled. “I was doing knocking after the warm-ups, Wasim bhai came to me and said ‘just take a deep breathe, go out there and play your natural game’. It just took the pressure off me, I planned to spend some time in the middle and then go for my shots. God helped me and I went to score a half-century.”

After the PSL, Talat was called for the 30-men camp ahead of the West Indies tour, though he could not make it into the 15-member squad, but he feels that he is in the mind of selectors. Islamabad United has given Pakistan valuable players like Rumman Raees and Shadab Khan. He aims to contribute with both the bat and the ball for Islamabad United in the tournament and knock the doors of the national side. “I want to be the key performer for my team with both the bat and the ball. I want to make Islamabad United champions once again,” he expressed. “I have worked on power hitting and strike rotation. I have also worked on bowling variations. I am working extremely hard and will look to deliver whenever my team will need,” he concluded.

https://arysports.tv/hussain-talat-star-making/

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Looking forward to see this champ in action. Wish him a great PSL 2018...

14. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Scored 48* off 34 balls and guided his team to victory.

Is he one for the future?

15. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Was one for the future before this knock.

Has always had the talent.

16. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    The next Michael Bevan. Has in him to become one of our best limited overs batsmen in future. But not a Test material.

17. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    Very elegant player.Lets hope he has a good PSL and plays at 6 in our ODI team.

18. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Was expecting this from him and still expecting more, because he has talent to repeat what did today regularly.

The best part about today's inning was that it came when his side was under pressure, which is a great sign. Now if he can reproduce some more innings in this PSL then there is no harm giving him go-ahead at least in T20's followed by LOI, because it seems like he's adapting to a finishers role well, which is very good omen.

Hope he will become find of this PSL.

19. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    A. You got to be naive to compare him with Bevan already - who was one of the best.
    B. Have you seen in your magical ball that he's not a test material?

20. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    LOL @Munna loved your new avatar ...

21. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    A. Today's knock reminded me of Bevan.

B. Kindly check his FC record.

22. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    A - No need to jump guns based on just one innings.
    B - There are many who look like Don in domestic but becomes a sheep in Intl, so lets those FC stats not make you fool. Those stats should be taken not more than pinch of salt.

23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Confidence from management brings the best from me, says Talat

DUBAI: Hussain Talat is the player to watch. He has made his mark last year with a debut half century and has been on the radar of selectors after impressing at the domestic level.

On Sunday he became the first from a list of emerging player to show he has a wise head on his shoulders, steadying Islamabad’s ship from a struggling 63-5 to see them off to the modest but tricky target of 114.

Given a chance by Kumar Sangakkara on 11 when the Sri Lankan old fox fumbled to miss a stumping off Shoaib Malik, Talat made the most of the reprieve by smashing 34-ball 48 not out with three sixes and four boundaries.

More than his runs, Talat impressed with his ability to take responsibility, a trait Pakistan’s young players need to learn and develop. Umar Amin and Mohammad Nawaz failed to finish off the match for Quetta Gladiators against Karachi on Friday.

Then Umar Akmal and Fakhar Zaman had a chance to finish the game against Multan but both spurned the chance. But Talat finally proved if confidence of the coach and team management is behind you, you can conquer any task.

“When I went in things were settled down,” said Talat of Islamabad United’s score of 74-3 when he walked in. “Then we lost wickets so I decided that I needed to go till the last. The management lifted us and gave us the confidence (after the first match defeat).

“When a player is confident only then he will give performance.”

Talat added 54 runs for the unfinished sixth wicket stand with Faheem Ashraf who made 12 not out.

“I had no plan but I wanted to contribute for the team,” said Talat who smashed two sixes off paceman Sohail Tanvir and one off Malik.

Talat said the Islamabad United dressing room is pumped up under a new captain, with Misbah-ul-Haq still nursing an injury.

“Rumman (Raees) is pumped up as captain because Misbah is not there. We needed a win and that has come so everyone is happy and pumped up.”

Talat said when the team wins through your contributions, it’s your best.

“If you help the team win then it’s your best. I have been doing well for the domestic cricket. I scored 50 on my debut PSL match against Quetta. I played selected shots and it worked. Pressure was there but if you want to dominate then it’s great. I got the momentum when I drove Malik for a boundary.”

Islamabad now have two points from two matches and will next face Quetta in Sharjah on Wednesday.

https://arynews.tv/en/confidence-management-brings-best-says-talat/

24. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    SNGPL didn’t play him for the final of QeA Trophy which was probably the wrong call.

He was a little rusty today and got better as he went along, The most pleasing thing was that he stayed at the crease which most Pakistani batsman don’t do.I think he can be groomed further because he can play all the shots required in modern day cricket.

Once you back youngsters they don’t look back, These TTFs don’t do jack yet they are supported like saints.

We have seen glimpses of the unexposed talent and all they need is a little backing.

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    TTF's have all the connections and media pressure to keep them in the side, in spite of their downright pathetic consistent show in tough conditions on away tours.

Like as you said, I like Talent, because he can play modern cricket and possesses long array of shots. The best part about this innings was that, he survived when wickets were falling apart, Tahir was all over but he did the hard work, didnt throw his wicket away and when his eye was set then made sure to take his side over the line, which is very encouraging sign. Hope we will witness more such innings.

26. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    We need this type of player for the WC in Eng. But most likely a TTF will take his spot.

@Shahzad.Firdous

27. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I really hope Mickey and Inzy have watched his innings yesterday.

28. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Hussain Talat eyes entry into national squad

DUBAI: Islamabad United all-rounder Hussain Talat has said that he is focused to perform in the ongoing edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL) and eventually enter into the Pakistan cricket team.

Speaking to Geo.tv, the rising star said that he joined the Pakistan team camp after last season of the PSL, but could not make it to final 15 members of Pakistan squad against West Indies.

"Last year, I joined Pakistan team camp after the PSL. I was in the 30-member squad against West Indies. Unfortunately, I could not make it to the 15-member squad, but after that we had a tour during Asia Cup and I received best all-rounder award," he said.

"This year too, my focus is to perform well and make it to the national team."

Asked how much helpful is mentoring by seniors like Wasim, Waqar and others, the all-rounder said the players get to learn a lot, gain confidence by discussing and sharing things with the mentors, which would benefit them in cricket.

In response to a query about his personal goals regarding the PSL, Talat said his only goal was to contribute for his team and help them in the league.

"I feel that I should contribute for my team as much as I can. It should help the team."

To a question about the T20 league's importance for youngsters, the United all-rounder said it is actually for emerging players like them, adding that the PSL serves as a way for them to get into the limelight.

Asked about United's role in bringing forth new talent, Talat said the entire credit goes to the PSL franchise, its management and coaching staff.

"The way they have been taking us along from the first season. The confidence they gave me, and I think that a player performs as well as much his confident."

https://www.geo.tv//psl/latest/1838...perform-in-psl-eyes-entry-into-national-squad

29. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    SHARJAH-Chief Selector Inzamam ul Haq has backed Champions Trophy winner Sarfraz Ahmed as Pakistan’s captain till World Cup 2019.

Talking to media in Sharjah, Inzamam said that the way Sarfaraz has led Pakistan team in last one year has been remarkable and there should be no doubt that he should remain Pakistan’s captain till next world cup.

“Captain is the one responsible for playing team in the middle, he’s the leader. It is necessary that we know who is going to lead Pakistan in the world cup,” he said

“The way Sarfaraz has led Pakistan in last one year has left no doubt that he should be retained as captain . He is and he must stay as captain ,” he added

He further said the selection committee will move towards the preparation of World Cup 2019 with a pool of 20 players so that team can get ample time to gel together for cricket’s biggest extravaganza.

“I strongly believe that the players who we have for world cup should be playing together till the mega event for next one year so that a combination can be made for them and they can gain the confidence,” said Inzamam “I am also seeking doctors’ report on players’ injury and fitness, the selection is open to everyone. If there is any performer in first class and domestic, he can also come in contention for World Cup. We have to focus on a group with whom we can move forward,” Inzamam, while adding that he can’t give a deadline to name 20 for the world cup contention, but ideally a group should be known at least 12 months before the world cup.

Replying to a question, the former master batsman said that the third edition of Pakistan Super League has already brought some players into the limelight and they’re surely in the sight of the selection committee.

“Hussain Talat of Islamabad United has been very good. Spinner Ibtisam Sheikh has impressed me a lot as well. Rahat Ali has bowled well in the tournament to change the usual perception about him,” Inzamam said. “Although the tournament is in initial stages, there are talented players spotted during the tournament who can be considered for Pakistan team,” the chief selector said.

He also weighted his support behind senior players saying that Hafeez or Malik may he not been able to perform well in New Zealand but they have remained effective in past and they can’t be degraded.

https://nation.com.pk/03-Mar-2018/sarfraz-must-stay-as-captain-inzamam

30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    OMG, I hate you Inzy.

31. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Don’t be surprised is in the WC19 squad

32. abc_to_xyz

abc_to_xyz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 20, 2016
    Probably among few positives of PSL3. He and Agha Salman deserves a go.

33. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Not ready just yet.

34. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Talat is ready, kick out Hafeez and bring him in

35. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    After the WC hopefully.

But I will change my mind if he carries his good form on in the PSL.

36. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Raees used him really well, apparently Misbah thinks he's a geniune no.8 ast/

37. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    He should be batting at 3 tbh.

He isn’t a hitter, he’s a good strike rotator, he can’t hit from ball one, hope he works on some of his attacking shots.

Misbah will be Misbah, he is trying his best to ruin one more career of a promising batsman.

38. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    who's career misbah ruined ? akmals ?

39. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Ahmed Shehzad is one.

Remember when he batted Haris at 7.

Haris was backed when Afridi was captain against NZ.

He ruined the Career of Nasir Jamshed and to an Extent Umar Akmal.

The only guys he has backed are guys that play like him apart from that he has always played youngsters at no7.LOL.

Misbah is just selfish and he is showing it.

40. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Haris came in the team as a batting all rounder plus there were already middle order batters in the side

can you tell me what exactly he did to ruin Shehzad and Jamsehd career and MOST IMPORTANTLY UMAR AKMALS