Hussain Talat : Performace watch

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    Agha Salman is much less dynamic than Talat.He's also weak against anything bowled in excess of 135KPH.If anything I would have him in test side as a spin bowling allrounder in UAE.Talat's best format is ODIs. He was out of form even in the Pakistan cup.He will come back strongly just have patience.

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Cannot wait for Talat to play against a big boy team.

Talat is a not as good as he is made out to be, he’s just as fast as Babar if not slower so why is he hyped? he looses his shape completely when hitting spin and his cut is weak, I have no expectation of him hitting even say a David Willey or a Jason Holder, he has no zone against pace because he sees the ball late, he can only hit trundlers like Tanvir and Dwayne Smith and the odd spinner when he gets a free drive, As soon as Wahab came on he got bowled twice, now I would be more concerned because when a batsman gets bowled 3 times convincingly and not by a mistake then it shows that the guy has problems and he is not strong on his back foot, all great players are good on the back foot.

Better bowlers and better spinners will have him and remeber Intl cricket isn’t a PSL where you may get 1 or 2 easy bowlers.

Currently Hafeez is 10 times better with bat and ball, and if Hafeez is going to be replaced you should replace him with Salman Agha.

Agha on the other hand looks like a really good player of spin and he can play pace it’s just that his pull is slightly weak but other than that he is a good batsman, and his FC average is higher than Talat’s for a reason.

Asif Ali is a parchi but he easily fits into our T20 team as he has hit quality bowlers with ease, he smacked Mills, Wahab and Hassan who are good bowlers.

3. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    First of all I'm not hyping Talat as some sort of great player.Its just that he has right ingredients to be successfull at highest level that's why I think he should be given a long rope.

You said he can only hit "trundlers" like Tanvir and Dwayne Smith but somehow he cannot play the express pace of David Willey or Jason Holder.Right?

I agree that he loses his balance while playing his shots but do you really think this is so big of an issue that cannot be resolved by the coaches?Look at how Sharjeel and Fakhar started their careers and where are they standing now. So you are basing your assumption that he can't play pace on merely two innings where he got out early but manage to ignore his other innings where he played well against other pacers.

Lastly if you think Hafeez atm is a better batsman than Talat then forgive me I can't help you.Your this statement actually tells us how bad we Pakistanis are at identifying talented batsmen or nurturing/guiding them from the junior level.

4. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Just had another look, Talat scored most of his boundaries that were off pacers against Watson, Anwar Ali, Tanivir, Ross whitely, Dwayne Smith, Mustafiz and Junaid.

He got out to Wahab twice(bowled), Amir(bowled), Umaid Asif(Caught behind), Irfan Jr and Umar Gul.

Don’t see any quality although he is a handy T20 cricketer but nothing more than that, even in a form where the bowler is looking to defend Talat has been exposed when a bowler targets him he won’t last long.

5. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    So what you are saying is if a batsman is getting out to opposition's best bowlers then it means he is not good enough ignoring the fact that a batsman in question is a youngster who does'nt have much experience of high level cricket.OK
    These are the numbers of your beloved Ricky Ponting in the last PSL.
    1st match vs Zalmi : 0(6) got out to Wahab
    2nd match vs LQ : 38(33) got out to Mustafiz
    3rd match vs ISL : 11(24) got out to Finn
    4th match vs QG : 27(35) chasing 103 mA
    5th match vs Zalmi : 37(37) got run out
    6th match vs QG : 1(7) got out to Anwar
    7th match vs LQ : 32(34) got out to McClenaghan
    8th match vs Kk : 24 (17) got out to IMad
    9th match vs ISl : 3(10) got out to Faheem

My point being if you are willing to back a pathetic loser of a player who has'nt learned anything in 9 years of his international career then why are you hell bent on proving that a youngster who has only burst onto scene is not good enough to be invested in?

6. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017

No, if a batsman is clean bowled three times by not seeing the ball than I have a problem with it, LBW and caught behind can perhaps be sorted but if a player gets bowled it shows that they are not that good especially in T20s when most of the balls are not even hitting the stumps, the only bowled that are perhaps exeptable are in Tests or a inside edge bowled because the red ball is harder to negotiate and the latter is unlucky.

I have already told you that Talat is not dynamic, how can he be dynamic when he has three scoring shots against pace. Salman Agha looks like a batsman who sees the ball earlier, btw when you said Agha cannot play over 135 I genuinely think you should mean that for Talat.

If you want to discuss Ahmed you can do it on the other thread and I will tell you what I see in him.

I would play Talat but I’m sure he won’t last after South Africa.

7. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Watch from 5:52

Watch from 4:30

Watch from 13:20

Looks like he isn’t as “dynamic” when the quality of bowlers are increased and remember this happened on flat pitches.

8. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    The probability of getting bowled is more in T20s because you are thinking less about technical aspect of your game and attack more than you usually do in other forms of the game.T20s would be the last format which should be used to judge the technique of the batsman.
    Have you even seen him bat for more than 2 series to decide that he has only three shots against pace?
    I only brought Ponting into discussion because you are not judging different players by same yardstick which makes you look biased in favour of Ponting.

9. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    What risk is he taking?

I’m not willing to continue to argue with you, you will find out for yourself in the coming months.

And give in with your Ponting calling because I never called him Ponting, I said he can become the next Ponting not in Tests but in limited overs cricket.

10. Phenom

Phenom Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2017
    We'll see.

11. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    although I happen to mostly agree with this opinion, its weird how stats suddenly matter for some people when it suits them, but other times stats dont matter when it doesnt.

12. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Talat is technically not very equipped

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

13. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Bowled yet again in a T20 match by Mohammed Irfan, this is not a one of thing anymore, he doesn’t have any time on his hands and automatically things go against him, how the hell is he a one day player when it’s comman that as the format gets longer the stumps are targeted more, forget about swing and seam being difficult for a batsman, Hussain can’t even deal with run of the mill 140 kph, what a trash batsman, he was our next big thing, our cricket is going down and fast.

14. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    That too but in batting you have to have some time, all good batsman have time, some batsman have lots of time but there are none batsman who have as little time as Hussain which is why he struggles against pace, you see the ball late everything comes tumbling down, takes longer to pick a shot and play it and he’s also got an awful technique which is why he struggles against any fast bowler beyond 135, in Intl cricket very raj, joe and Harry bowl faster than 135 kph so he can’t survive.

15. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Could get an ODI debut tomorrow apparently, not sure about this, hasn;t been in the best of form lately

16. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Won't play until Hafeez gets two ducks in the first two games. That's the pattern of every series. Hafeez plays the initial matches and then the younger guy plays.

17. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Trash player

Should never have been selected for this series in the first place

18. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It’s the management’s job to bring this guy in the team and make him into a player for limited overs cricket. Not Tests but limited overs cricket. These are the type of players who require help from the management and support from the captain. Nothing wrong with Hussain, he’s a modern day cricketer whose a match winner.

Khushdil is a good player but he needs to prove himself on a bigger stage, so far he hasn’t done that.