I am not dishearted but there is a limit - Kamran Akmal

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jan 20, 2020.

I am not dishearted but there is a limit - Kamran Akmal

by Del
Jan 20, 2020 at 6:46 PM
  1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan’s wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal, in a Talk Show on Aap News on Sunday, lashed out at the selection process after the head coach-cum-chief selector Misbahul Haq announced the squad, in a press conference at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on Thursday, that will take on Bangladesh at home.

“I am not dishearted. But there is a limit. It has been five years. You have brought in a new system and claimed that the cricket will be better. You claim that our best talent will come forward. Those who perform will be automatically selected. Should we go perform in the Indian or Australian system to get into the team? We have been performing and suffering for five years. Who should we show our performance to? The prime minister? Who is going to check my performances in all formats?” Akmal said.

“In T20, there is a spot available but you are forcefully playing someone else. This is Pakistan's team, keep Pakistan in front. If someone is performing, they should be picked. There are many players like me who are deserving, like Fawad Alam, look at his performances. I think his limit has also been reached. Am I talking without performances? There's a World Cup coming up, I have performed in PSL, and in domestic in all formats and I am a top performer. Misbah should look at these things. Before this, what Mickey Arthur did with Pakistan's cricket, everyone knows how much bad effects liking and disliking had. Misbah knows how much struggle he did himself and he got what he deserved, I think I should also get what I deserve,” he said.

“By focusing on fitness and youngsters, we have taken our team to number 8. We don't look at performance or skill anymore, domestic is not considered. Since PSL started, people are selected after 1-2 innings, and not even big innings, 30s and 40s like Asif Ali, Hussain Talat, Ahsan Ali. What is their performance? Ahsan Ali didn't play even one match in division one in FC and you selected him. What is the criteria for selection?” he asked.

“Today India aren't selecting Sanju Samson because he doesn't perform in red ball cricket. They give importance to Ranji Trophy and then IPL. Fitness won't come until you focus on skills. Skills bring fitness, everyone works hard during off season. Take fitness tests, but I think people know how to handle themselves. I have been playing for years and never had any fitness problems. We play club cricket during off season. These guys don't even play in club cricket, how will they become fit? They need to make a policy that players who aren't in the Pakistan team should play club matches, then we'll see how professional they are. Yoyo and one km tests should be done but it shouldn't be the policy for selection, that you will only be selected if you pass the test, skill should be the basis for selection,” he concluded.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...out-at-selection-process-for-bangladesh-t20is

SAvsPAK.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      There is indeed a limit.

A limit to comebacks
      A limit to be ghairati
      A limit to dropped catches

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Cobra you are not in the plans of PCB and same goes for your imbecile brother & Selfi. Because you guys have been given many changes and you always, always disappointed - what part of it so difficult to understand?

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Still the best Keeper Batter in the country. Brutal truth.

4. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
      Shut your mouth. Never utter those stupid words ever again.

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      He is. Whether u like it or not. Don’t get triggered.

6. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
      Read my post above.

7. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      Tbh thats literally only because the bar is IMMENSELY low, not because he's anything special.

He's had enough comebacks and chances. Time to move on.

8. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Ok fam

9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Never said he’s special. But he is a better hitter than Sarfraz and Rizwan

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Somewhat agree but it does mean that we continue to recycle army of TTF's. Rohail is U19 captain & wicket-keeper batsman, hopefully he will continue to develop and soon we will have a decent keeper.

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Lol did I say to recall him?

Fact is Afridi is still the biggest hitter in the country at age 45 - doesn’t mean we recall him.

just highlighting the lack of talent in the country with regards to big hitting.

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      I am sorry but there is no need to bring him in the argument. He is whining because he has been ignored.

13. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      [​IMG]

14. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      @Fireworks11 calm down blad, this isn't mafia and you aren't under the pump :p

15. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      ROFL

u were under the pump in both games so far.. as godfather and as innocent townie lol

16. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      I was only under the pump in last round because you and Prince were competing against each other for the most bakwaas townie of the year award MashaAllah...towards the end RD thought he'd get a piece of the action and submit his own application.

17. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      I was a bit 50-50 at one point but then fully believed u...unlike prince.. who was after u since the start

18. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
      Poor guy was always treated unfairly.

19. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      172 test caps and 143 ODI caps say otherwise.

SC defo has different standards to fair treatment than the rest of the world.

20. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
      174 Test caps?

I'm speaking about the way he has been treated in the last 5 years.

21. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      Sorry ignore that, he was cap number 172 not 172 caps. He played 53 and 157 tests and ODIs which still isn't unfair.

Also, you literally said 'always'.

22. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
      Give poor guy another chance yaar, send him on next Aussie tour and i will dismember him with my bare hands and burry him under Sydney Cricket Ground wicket.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    23. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
      Poor dude. He's a good player and I thought maybe for T20s you can give him a chance and preserve Rizwan - that could help his development in Odis and Tests. Not doing well or being under pressure in T20s can harm a player especially a young Pakistani players because Pakistan fans can't see anything else other than T20s and the management is the same, the less said about the media the better.

Anyways I feel Kamran can't be added to the team now because he is trying to say other people don't deserve to make the team. He has every right to make his own case but who the hell is he to tell the selectors that so and so are rubbish, unfit and don't deserve to be selected. You don't see this elsewhere around the world and so for that let Kamran cry. Such a player can only harm the team environment. There can be no explanation whatsoever for this type of action.

24. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
      I am waiting for the day, and I won’t be surprised, when Misbah announces a comeback and receives a letter of invitation to join the 19 members for trials and selection.
      Obviously, a lot of injustice was done to the poor guy. He still had another 15 years in him, and he is still a better batsman than Baber Azam.

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Beside many failures in Intl cricket, his attitude is another massive concern. I still remember his attitude towards Sarfraz on the field (who was the captain of the team) when he was selected in the squad against WI. And latter when he was dropped because he flunked on the tour, than to hide his failure, he put the blame on Sarfaz and Mickey - such a buffoon.