1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

I could never feel threatened in India, insists Bopara

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by indianfan, Mar 7, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    It has been less than a week since England batsman Ravi Bopara was quoted as saying by a British daily that cricket wasn't worth dying for, with regard to his participation in the third edition of the Indian Premier League for his side Kings XI Punjab.

But on arrival in Chandigarh on Saturday, Bopara denied that he was ever afraid of traveling to India, and insisted that he could never be in fear at 'home'.

"I can never feel being in danger in India. I never meant what was written in the media. This is my home and I am very happy being here, and I can promise (that) to all the Kings XI Punjab supporters," Bopara said.

It has been 14 years since Bopara visited Phagwara - his ancestral village - which is 140 kms from Chandigarh, and a visit to his paternal grandparents home is also on the agenda.

"I remember climbing up the roof-top of our house in Phagwara and watching birds and kites in the sky. The narrow and dusty lanes with a few people around set a peaceful atmosphere. I liked being there. I will soon organise a trip to Phagwara. My grandparents and my parents are very keen on seeing me play for Kings XI Punjab in front of the Punjabi fans. I hope to get some good scores here and make them proud. I will invite them for the games" Bopara, whose parents migrated to England in 1970s, added.

Growing up in England, Bopara progressed from playing for local teams to eventually land a contract with Essex county, which was also former England skipper Nasser Hussain's side - Bopara's role model. After playing for the England under-19 team, Bopara finally made his entry into the national squad

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Money really does do strange and wonderful things to people

3. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    in first edition pakistan player really does do strange and wonderful things to people

4. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Yes I remember Akhtar blasting Delhi into next week and Tanvir taking the purple cap

5. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    but afridi and younis khan only get money

6. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    So why did you pay them, troll?

7. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    no it's our donation

8. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    No actually BCCI owed that money to Us, they didnt give us the money they were supposed to give for 1996 world cup.

infact ICL still owe some money to Mohammad Sami..

9. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    We dont donate. You still owe Shoaib Akhter's match fees from IPL that he still hasn't received. Tell that to Modi the drug smuggler.

10. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    icl is rebel league all cricket board warns against it(pcb also).why sami and other fellow come here ? (cause earn some money).

11. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    What about IPL? They still haven't paid Shoaib Akhtar who brought Culcutta's hopeless team back in the cup, when he blasted away Sehwag, Gambhir, and AB de Villiers etc.

12. indianfan

indianfan Banned

Feb 26, 2010
    my replay missed.what doing here ?(i answered at afternoon today).

13. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    *sigh* well he IS indian!

Just as none of us feel threatened in Pakistan, dont know why it needs a seperate thread really.