I have never seen such a coward and selfish captain - Shoaib Akhtar

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Feb 21, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    Akhtar has the right to his views. He has the right to go ballistic when misbah captains like crap and the the right to praise him for the things he does well

2. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    When your criticism becomes of the person, not his actions, it gets personal. Flip flopping like this ruins the integrity of any analyst, imo.

3. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013

Shoaib criticized Misbah's captaincy - he did not say anything personal.
    He said, Misbah is selfish and coward captain [on the cricket field]. He did not say Misbah is a coward and selfish person

A lot of people believe that Sachin was a selfish batsman. Does not mean, Sachin was a selfish person.

4. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Unfortunately there are quite a few people on this forum with their own personal agendas too. So they would naturally support Shoaib Akhtar's hypocrisy and pathetic mannerism for a so called analyst.

I tried to ask them a few questions, when they went ballistic about Misbah as usual, but they conveniently dodged those questions. Usually they are very quick to post a reply, but well, well...

There's one thing critcising a player, and his performance. Criticise Misbah all you want, his batting, his captaincy, there's a lot to criticise and he has many flaws in his batting and captaincy which could be pointed out. But when it has become personal then you'll try to find such things even at times where it doesn't exist, because you've made it out to be personal.

It's sad to see a forum like Cricistan has become a hub for several posters with a mental age of 5.

5. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    "I've never seen such coward captaincy. "

"I've never seen such a coward captain."

I think his statements don't need explanations. But if you think he didn't mean it like that, wait till we lose another match, I'm sure he'll give us some more pearls of wisdom.

6. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    What kind of personal agenda? Can you give us some example of some random posters have a personal agenda on a cricket chat forum?

The reason, I ask because same thing [having personal agenda] could be said about any poster who criticizes a player you "love" or "loves" the player you criticize.

So what is the difference between you and Shaoib? At least Shaoib is being paid extremely well for saying what he says. How much you are being paid to insult other posters and by who?

How does criticizing a player is pathetic but calling names to other poster [who you interact with everyday] is not?

They are entertainers; nothing more & nothing less. People tend to severely criticize entertainers for their poor performances for many reasons; passion, money they paid, rivalries, emotions etc. This is the price EVERY celebrity has to pay.

Sachin got booed in own home ground. Did he quit cricket? Did he come out and whined to the media to go easy on him like our captain-clam did? He showed the world with his performance. If our player's egos are more delicate than a 15 year teenage girl and if they are so hurt; they always have a choice to quit cricket and be stay-home dads.

And if his fans so hurt by Shoaib's comments, they can also stop coming to these chat forums - instead of doing the same what they are criticizing other people of doing.

To me, the difference is between;
    "You are coward captain".
    and
    "You are a coward".

Just like, "You an aggressive driver" vs "you are aggressive".

I still believe Shoaib was talking about Misbah's captaincy - and not Mibsah.

7. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Now he's talking smack about Sarfaraz

8. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    lol what will he say about our next captain?

9. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Shoaib bhais fake aggression exposed here big time lol

Attached Files:

10. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Apart from 1999 Shoaib was a failure in every LOI tournament that he played in.

In contrast Misbah has won a T20 WC as a player. Asia cup as a captain and single handedly almost won another T20 WC before brain farting at the end.

Sarfraz has won the CT as captain.

Criticism is ok. Constructive criticism is essential...but these kind of abusive comments when you have achieved little and were disruptive all through your career is just ridiculous.

11. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Both are far inferior players compared to Akhtar.

12. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    So that gives him the right to abuse? Despite the fact that for the majority of his career he was a liability and hasn't won anything for Pakistan?

He got smacked around in every world cup and now abuses others for doing the same.

He should have some self awareness before calling others names.

13. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Misbah has still got that mindset. Said we didn't even compete. Smash competing on the wall man. You need to win. We are not Kenya or UAE that we need to compete, even Afghanistan is aiming for victory.

14. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    It's ironic how Misbah was at the receiving end of criticism during the 2015 WC but is now delivering criticism of Amir after one game even though he doesn't deserve it. These players are shameless and have such short memories.