I think he will be in the top five batsmen of the world very soon across all formats. Mickey Arthur

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Feb 4, 2019.

I think he will be in the top five batsmen of the world very soon across all formats. Mickey Arthur

by Del
Feb 4, 2019 at 4:32 PM
  1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Talking to media after the match, Arthur said: "I think he will be in the top five [batsmen] of the world very soon across all formats. I thought I was a bit quick off the gun when I said two years ago that he would be almost as good as Virat Kohli but it has taken him a while to show that class. But if you watched him in the nets couple of years ago, he was a young boy who has developed into a young man, he's got stronger and fitter and his game gets better and better all the time."

"I have never doubted Babar Azam, he keeps on getting better and better and the exciting thing for us is that we haven’t seen the best of Azam yet,” he said. “He has been unbelievable on this tour. There have been question marks around Azam outside the sub-continent but I think he's put those to rest now.”

"They bowled the second 10 overs better than the first 10, they took the pace off but yes, for a neutral these have been two good games but for us they haven’t been that good at all," he said.

"To be brutally honest with ourselves, I thought we batted exceptionally well but we bowled very poorly today. As a unit, apart from Imad Wasim who was obviously outstanding, the rest of the bowling unit was poor,” he said. “That is something we will have to look at; we didn’t execute well; I think there were 64 runs scored off short deliveries although our game plan was full strength wicket to wicket so 64 runs [off short balls] was not good enough from them. The execution in the last over was particularly poor."

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/mickey-arthur-in-awe-of-babar-azam

SAvsPAK.jpg

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
      Lets hope they keep him fit and motivated.

We are desperate to find a stable middle order batsman in all formats.

2. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
      lets hope so, but mickey's track record of picking world class players is atrocious.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
      • List
    3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Definitely. Properly classy batsman. Beautiful to watch.

4. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
      how about openers for starters?

5. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
      Zeeshan Malik

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
      • List
    6. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
      He is already top 5 batsman in LOIs

7. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
      In oneday i won't say we have bad options, infact far better options than the previous WC.Imam is doing fine, and if he can improve his strike rate than it will be great.Fakhar has been failing but we have a very good replacement in Shan Masood, the only thing we need to do is to give him a extended run before the WC.

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      He is our premier, no question about it, but I would like him to do the following:

1- When he starts batting, take sometime to gauge the pitch, bowler's and condition BUT keep on rotating strike. And after 15/20 balls (of course hit bad balls) try to hit at least a boundary per over and keep on rotating strike.

2- Identify bowlers to go after them and in the meantime keep on rotating strike and boundaries. No need to feel unnecessary pressure if you play 3-4 dots, make up for those in next over.

3- Dont throw away starts once you pass 35+.

4- Pick spinners off their hands and not off the pitch. Noticed that he has struggled against shamsi early on in few games and also same happened in Asia cup when he was playing Kuldeep.

9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
      After the WC he should work on them things but for now make runs. It’s not easy to pick kuldeep infact it makes you more confused, better to play him on length but you have to be concentrating and not have a lethargic/soft attitude that Babar has against spin sometimes.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Playing any spinner, any spinner becomes easier if you pick him off by his hand and not off the pitch.

11. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      Lol, everyone is not Shadab man that you can pick them easily.

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      And thats why I said he needs to learn this.

13. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      Yes I agree however some bowlers are impossible to pick so it’s important to know how to handle them of the pitch, Joe Root played Kuldeep well by just going forwards and back, however you should have an idea of what they are bowling from the hand, I don’t think any player can fully pick a real good spinner.

14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      That half of the idea is enough for you to judge the bowler. Babar doesn't possesses it and thats why has struggled.

15. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      If he is to work on his attacking game against spin then yes he needs to learn to pick however for accumulating you can play of pitch.

16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Bas kerdo billy bas, no point is just arguing for the sake for it beta.

17. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
      Babar is a class act. There is no question about it. Did you guys see all these tweets from South Africans and their experts are all praising him

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
      • List
    18. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      I wish babar was a girl so we all could correct his faults

19. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      What does that mean?

20. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      you know when a girl is brought into a new family. she gets to get her things corrected such as when to wake up, when to prep meals when to make tea etc etc