Ian Pont, all talk or is he for real?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Wistful Reminisces, Mar 15, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    welcome to cricistan Ian Pont ignore these guys

2. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
  3. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    When I entered the thread, I wanted to make a comment on how Ian Pont really looked like a self-obsessed person.
    Unfortunately, Bhaijan came here himself and I can't say that now.

Ian Pont Welcome! Loves, Cheers!

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    This thread made me chuckle. Credit to Ian Pont coming out to defend himself lol.

5. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Lol credit to Twitter.

6. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    @Ian Pont

Welcome to Cricistan!

It would be really interesting to hear from you the full and true story about Atul Sharma, the 105mph beast and what actually happened and who he was. There was a lot of hype about him (he was hyped beyond belief) and then he just vanished without even playing a single first class game.

7. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Looooooool

8. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    LOL few days off Cricistan and I come back to this lol...

just to say no suck up but Ian Pont has been mentioned by players, I have heard them myself. I have heard Akhtar, and Steyn, and those are two pretty decent names lol.

I also agree that we should move past Atul the speedster Sharma - however Ian we don't mean any offence to you, you just need to understand as Pakistanis this is a good opportunity to mock indians lol we can't pass that up!

I do think Ian is a good coach, talks so much sense, and I would love him to work with some young fast bowlers and get them to pump as much pace out as possible.

9. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    I didn't actually mean to mock Ian or Indians. I am genuinely interested because I really don't know what happened!

10. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    The funniest part about all this is that although Wistful Reminisces created a perfectly valid thread, after Ian's replies (which were brilliant and funny in the sense that no one expected the man himself to come here and defend himself), a lot of posters turned their back on the poor OP and started going all "Ignore these foo's, what do they know!?" :lol

11. Mir

Mir Youngsta Beauty

May 19, 2013
    ian point wish he works with our bowlers he vl infuse aggression in them

12. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    I agree he would do a very good job, certainly better than Mohammad Akram. I still have absolutely no idea how or why Mohammad Akram managed to swing himself that job when just a few months earlier he was saying how he isn't suited to coaching!

13. Mir

Mir Youngsta Beauty

May 19, 2013

14. Mir

Mir Youngsta Beauty

May 19, 2013
    in pak anything can happen

15. BigBunnyBuns

BigBunnyBuns Banned

Mar 16, 2014
    Ian Pont is a fantastic Fast Bowling coach its a shame a bum like mohammad akram got the job ahead of him, his knowledge of the art is amongst the best in the world and his record speaks for itself. Lack of coaching with some of the top test nations does not make him a bad coach, makes no sense. We need more coaches like Ian out there to finish the genuine fast bowlers drought, aspiring talents are given the wrong advice too often. If sprinters are getting faster, so should fast bowlers.

16. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    Thats the logic that I agree most with from Pont, he talks about not shying away from pace - pace is a weapon.

17. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    lol @ this thread
    Ian Pont probably has the ideal job for 99% of Pakistanis, teaching and coaching fast bowlers, which pakistani wouldnt want to do that?
    would be better than Mo Akram for sure, who is about as useful as Passionate Pakistani at the comedy club x

18. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
  19. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  20. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    This is one of the ATG threads :rofl

Wistful Reminisces you are a total **** no offence hahahahahahahahahahha

Oh man Ian Pont posts on Banglacricketforum as well, seems to be a pretty passionate guy.

Totally owned the lot of yous though ahhahahhh

21. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
  22. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Lol Wistful Reminisces owned.

But serious question still needs to be asked; how does a professional coach find time to defend himself on online forums full of trolls? I've seen him do this on PP, apparently also on a BD forum, and now this.

Can you imagine Moin/Waqar/Mohsin etc. showing up here to defend themselves? Because some of them would have to be here all the time for that.

(Yes I expect Ian Pont to put a training session on hold and show up here to give an explanation)

23. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    fountain was on pp, and he was legit, one of the best fielding coaches pak had.

24. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

Because professional players, professional coaches, movie superstars also frequent forums and chat sites just like we all do. They have opinions and want to share them the same as other people. I remember I was watching a chat show once and a Hollywood star admitted that he goes onto chat sites about him under a false name and defends himself. When Kashif met Bob Woolmer in Holland he mentioned forum poster 'Mercenary' and Bob knew who I was. Bob had taken an article I wrote on SportsNetwork forums and posted it on his own Q&A website. Kamran Abbassi (really nice guy) came up to me at the Lords Media centre and said are you Mercenary from Cricistan!! So yes 'famous people' do read forums.

Ian Pont just does it more openly than others. He posts as himself and gives his honest opinion, he defends himself as himself which speaks more about his integrity than anything else.

25. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Then how come Misbah never shows up and answers any of my questions? Cuz I'd troll that geezer 24/7 and make him miss his flight to the WC.

You hear that Misbah? Are you reading this? You call yourself a man of integrity when you hide behind the real world and avoid internet forums? Drop that bat session because you're useless and sign up for an account if you have what it takes. About time these practice net tough guys had a piece of us internet tough guys.

26. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

So sports people have no down time at all? They spend 24/7 playing and practising their sport? Do you genuinely think that?

Sports people (especially cricketers) have too much downtime. They are regularly in foreign countries, living out of hotels and often have nothing to do but hang around the hotel in between matches and practise sessions. Sometimes they go out but a lot of their time is spent waiting around.

27. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Good times. Mission 'Bring Ian Pont to Cricistan by making controversial statements' was very successful.

28. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    I genuinely like the idea of Sports people/coaches connecting with fans online and answering questions. I remember Bob Woolmer used to do that. But how come a couple of names apart, nobody does that? Why doesn't Misbah in his downtime connect with this fans on online forum? Ok he doesn't have any fans. But why not listen to our critique and defend his name by stopping by posting a thing or two?

29. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    There are not many sports people out there who interact with the fans that way(responding to criticism, negative posts).

And it's probably better our players don't do it. I mean, just look at them on twitter and on pressers or interviews. They struggle to stay composed, they struggle to resist the urge to say something incredibly stupid most of the times there. Imagine what they'll come up with when having to face negative comments or criticism about themselves.

30. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    if we had more sportsmen taking to forums to defend themselves we'd probably end up more instances of this....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...ollowing-light-welterweight-title-defeat.html

will need to click on the link to view the actual tweets exchanged between the two

31. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Cornered Tiger

Oct 5, 2014
    Well i didnt know Ian pont was here. Good show as his articles on PP are pretty good and he knows what he is saying. We could use coaching opinion on our pacers especially some of them who cant swing it yet have a fanbase and ofcourse about the indian pacers and why cant they just perform.. :p :p :p :p

32. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    I remember this thread :rofl

33. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Some very poor posts in this thread.

34. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
  35. harsha