ICC World Cup 2019 | Match 33 |Pakistan Vs New Zealand| 26th June 2019 |Match Thread

Discussion in 'Match Archive' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    1. Imam
    2. Fakhar
    3. Babar
    4. Harris Sohail
    5. Hafeez
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Shadab
    9. Wahab
    10. Amir
    11. Hasnain (only change)
    Need to get Williamson early if we have to win against NZ!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    A must win game for Pakistan or else we'll be out of WC totally.

Would you make any chances in the team played SA or no?

Discuss...

3. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Already created thread for this. Mods are requested to merge the two threads!!

1. Imam
    2. Fakhar
    3. Babar
    4. Harris Sohail
    5. Hafeez
    6. Imad Wasim
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Shadab
    9. Wahab
    10. Amir
    11. Hasnain (only change)
    Need to get Williamson early if we have to win against NZ!!

4. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Agar new ball se Hafeez ya Imad se 2-3 overs karwane hein to 1st change Wahab ko le aao aur 2nd change then you have Hasnain to work with!! Wahab ko jaldi laane ka maqsad to get breakthroughs with that new ball!!

5. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Get Hasnain in for Afridi. But not sure how much better Hasnain would be. Saw him in Leeds in May and he looked trash. Was fast but batsmen liked his directionless pace. Both are horrible bowlers. No wickets, easy runs. Teams would be licking fingers at thought of 10 easy overs

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I believe Harry is our best no.4. Hafeez should come at no.5 followed by Imad and then Shadab should come at no.6. I will deploy Safu after Shadab at no.7.

7. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Harris 4 Hafeez 5 Imad 6 to Shadab 7 hua aur Sarfraz 8!!

8. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    This 5th bowler whether it is Shaheen or Hassan or Hasnain will not bowl his full quota just got to keep it tight like Shaheen did today!!

9. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    If we are bowling first in case we lose the toss, then Amir and Hasnain going to open the bowling, Imad and Wahab Riaz change, Shadab last!!

10. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    I think Hasan is still better option than both Shaheen & Hasnain. He can also use the long handle when needed.

11. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Hassan does not have pace to bowl with that new ball. Somebody like Fahim Ashraf would have been better option with new ball!!

12. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Right now, Hasnain would be a good choice. Hassan is better than Shaheen and Hasnain but there is danger of him getting hammered like he did against India so better play safe! This 5th bowler should be safely used. Like if we are bowling Hafeez or Imad with that new ball for 2-3 overs, Wahab could come first change and Hasnain could be used as 2nd change! That wont hurt Pakistan too much! Bowling first, we just need to get 4 overs of him with that new ball and then bring him back in middle spell like we did with Shaheen. 2 of his overs to be bowled by Hafeez.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Hafeez is good but the way Harry played today, I will give him more overs to play.

14. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Agree with you! Harris to No. 4 bilkul seal hai ab Hafeez would have to bat at 5~

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I reckon its best for Hafeez to come at no.5, like CT final and push total with Imad, who should come at no.6.

16. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I think it will depend, if wickets fall early then Sarfraz will come ahead of Imad else Imad goes first like today

17. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Hasnain for Afridi. Rest same.

18. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Drop Afridi fgs. Hasnain needs a go
    Got tickets for the game so hope we put in a performance. Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. CricVet

CricVet Youngsta Beauty

Dec 24, 2013
    Every game is a must win while hoping no rain intervention in our games and some for other.

Light rain is in forecast for Eng Vs AU in the early morning. I am hoping no rain and Eng loses. If they do and we win on the following day, that will again provide an opportunity for a back-door re-entry.

I am backing Afghans tomorrow (with a heavy heart) to be honest and also SL to lose against SA. Golly, way too many ifs.

20. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Is there not already a thread for Pak NZ already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    Need Asif instead of Imam or Hafeez.

Imam is done playing a one off good innings - he mostly like won’t score more than 10 odd in the next few games - and Hafeez doesn’t seem to know what he is doing being with the team. Totally out of touch and out of class.

22. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Need Asif instead of Imam or Hafeez.

Imam is done playing a one off good innings - he mostly like won’t score more than 10 odd in the next few games - and Hafeez doesn’t seem to know what he is doing being with the team? Totally lost, out of touch and out of class.

Agreed on Hasnain instead of useless Shaheen.

23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Finally got myself some tickets. Looking forward to this one. At least we still have something to play for.

24. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Going unchanged is the best option tbh

At most Hasnain for Shaheen - also Hafeez and Haris need to swap positions.

25. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Yes Faheem with he’s 100mph thunderbolts

26. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Hafeez is doing a great job so far! Yes at times, he doesnt score but one of the batsman has to take some chances so that an anchor like Babar Azam can bat through the innings otherwise if both Babar and Hafeez start blocking, score wont move so i think Hafeez is doing alright plus he is handy with ball too!!
    As far as Imam is concerned, he cant be removed right now! He is that joint in the team on which foundation of team is laid!! If he doesnt get team off to starts that him and Fakhar are giving, then team will be bowled out most often for 100! You should be thankful that you are doing well and not fix something that aint broken yet~~

27. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    He may not be 100 mph, but bowls a heavy ball and he skids more than Hassan and is 2 Ks sharper than Hassan who is better with an older ball it seems!! Therefore, Fahim could have been kept with this team and when you play 4 pacers and you have Fahim and Hassan there as two right armers with Amir and Wahab left armers, you have depth in batting too as Hassan and Fahim can bat and Wahab and Amir can hold bat too!! You could have Fahim opening the bowling with Amir (your biggest problem new ball partner for Amir would have been resolved), Hassan coming first change and Wahab bowling with old cherry 2nd change!!

28. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    I want to see Hasnain next game - Shaheen isn't cutting it. If we're marching towards a near impossible task, might as well take a bit of a risk and see if it pays off. Should be the only change.

29. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Pak will destroy NZ. I'm feeling a big win.

30. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I also want to see Hasnain. There won't be much to lose as Shaheen is not in form and Hasnain might just be able to make some impact with his pace and bounce.

31. CricVet

CricVet Youngsta Beauty

Dec 24, 2013
    Historically, Kiwis do not like pace if bowled into the stumps. If I were the captain, I would give license to Hasnain to go all out and bowl wicket to wicket forgetting about everything else that comes across. Let him open with Amir. Bring most of Wahab at the end when the ball is reversing. To start, Amir 4-5 overs + Hasnain 4 overs + Wahab 3 overs. Bring spin and part timers. USE Haris instead of Hafeez as part-timer with Shadab.

32. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    HAVE to bat first.

I don't care if it's dark black overcast and pitch is bright green. None of this bowling first bakwaas.

33. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    You said the same re india...

34. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    We usually always do well v NZ in tournament and this is a must win game. Pak have to perform

35. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Batting first is a necessity. No matter what.

36. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Not recently. Did they not give is a phainta last time around?

37. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Yeah recently they've turned the tables on us like we've turned the tables against SA.

38. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Lol Ross Taylor gave Shoaib biggest Phainta

39. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    thanks to Kamran Akmal. This time NZ will be not be as fired up thinking they’re through and Pak will be pumped up.

40. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    I have one fear and two hopes.

Fear; Imam is going to miserably fail - I am almost certain about it.

Hope: I hope he gets sick or temporarily injured or something to be rested for this game - and we get Asif in.

Hope: I hope I am wrong on both counts above, but I know that won’t happen.