If I was the PCB, I wouldn't have given Amir central contract because he retired a month ago: Wasim

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    "What really happened was that two of our premium bowlers [Amir, Wahab] just retired from Test cricket," said Akram. “The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and the whole country invested five years in Amir. He's 27 and should have come here and played a Test series and then maybe next year retired. That's the problem Pakistan had."

“If I was the PCB, I wouldn't have given him a central contract because he retired a month ago,” he added.

Akram also criticised the left-arm duo for preferring money over country.

“Both of them knew this tour would be difficult and white ball (cricket) is easy, so they thought they'll play leagues around the world and make money,” he said. “I'm all for financial gain, but most of the time the country should come first.”

The 53-year-old also questioned Pakistan team’s rationale behind dropping their ace seamer Mohammad Abbas from the ongoing Brisbane Test.

"They say his [Abbas] pace has declined, but at least he would've given you 25 overs wicket-to-wicket," he said. "They picked Imran on present form, but those five wickets (against Australia A in the tour match) were in a day-night match with a pink ball."

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...amir-for-pakistans-dire-show-in-brisbane-test

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Usually I dont agree with Wasim, but here he is spot on !

3. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
  4. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    izeeshan will be taking out his Wasim Akram voodoo doll between sniffles.

5. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Even if Amir was available, I would have played Abbas over him. The problem is we took a chance with Imran Khan and Iftikhar and it didn't pan out. It's okay though, i'd rather have a coach who is willing to take risks than one who keeps us stuck with the same Amir and Wahab and Hafeez and Malik forever without giving anyone else a chance.

6. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Amir, Abbas and Wahab / Hassan Ali would have been part of playing 11 and Shaheen would also be part of squad!!

7. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Picking fake imran khan and iftikharis not “taking a chance”. Imran doesn’t give you anything. Has no X factor - just a simple trundler who Misbah happens to be a fan of (why, only Misbah will know). And iftikhar? That’s taking a chance?

You need to find the right mix. Abbas, Amir would have been great foils for Naseem making his debut. Did we introduce Waqar with some inexperienced bowlers? No.

There’s no thinking with these jokers. They just turn up, pick a random team and carry on.

8. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Hypocrisy at its finest. Atleast Amir didn’t sell out his country in a WC FINAL.

9. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    will everyone calm down. Imran took a fifer in the match just finished. Abbas has been on crap form. if they played Abbas and he was wicketless, everyone would be up in arms about how they didnt play the guy who just took a fifer in the Aussie conditions and is on red hot form.

in his last four tests, Abbas has taken 3,2,0,2 wickets. that doesn't mean he should be dropped, but it also shows that he's not the best bowler in the universe that some of you are making out that he is.

it was always a marginal choice, arguments both ways so stop getting your knickers all in a twist. its disappointing that we are such a crap side, of course it is, but some these comments are pathetic.

10. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    No one would have said anything about imran khan being dropped in favour of Abbas.

Imran has done zilch compared to abbas.

Not marginal at all

11. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Amir was being overloaded in Test Cricket, to focus on white ball cricket he retired from red ball. Amir intends to play many upcoming T20 & ODI World Cups for Pakistan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Lol