In England which bowling attack is more effective - PAK or IND ?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Aug 2, 2018.

In England which bowling attack is more effective - PAK or IND ?

1. Pakistan

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. India

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    There, title says it all.

India is on tour of England and Pakistan has wrapped up its tour not long ago.

Pakistan went to England without the services of Yasir shah, who has been our supreme bowler in Test. And we still able to draw series against ENG with a bowling attach consist of Amir, Hassan, Abbas, Faheem and Shadab.

On contrary, India has Shami, Yadav, Ishant, Pandya and Ashwin. And it was Ashwin who took most of the wickets (4) in the Test so far.

If you have to compare (without being biased) said two bowling attacks, which one offers better quality and why?

Oh yes, and which pace attack is skillful and faster too, in your opinion :D?

Will tag all my friends and also padosi too.

@Passionate Pakistani @Mohsin @godzilla @Shahzad.Firdous@Shahzebayub @mohsin88ali
    @Phenom @MNA @Munna @Disco Lemonade

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  2. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
  3. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
  4. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
  5. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Emerging Player

Nov 8, 2017
    Pakistan has the edge on the "x factor" but i do believe that India utilizes whats on their hands better.

The fast bowling, hands down Pakistan.
    Hassan with his variety, swing, swagger and the no nonsense attitude.
    Aamir who, while has lost some of his "midas touch" still occasionally bowls spells which are simply breathtaking.
    Usman, has the uncanny ability to take wickets up front.
    Junaid, swings the ball up front than comes back to fire yorkers in the death.
    Than there is Wahab and Shaheen as well.

Indian fast bowlers do bowl more economicly, Bhuvi is amazing with that, Bumrah is getting there. Umesh has improved immensely.
    Ashwin and Jadeja make a killer combo in tests while Kuldeep and chachal do so in ODI'S.

I would pip India in spin department by 60/40%.

Overall, i would say it's 55/45 in Pakistan's favor.

Sent from knowhere

6. Patriot

Patriot Sultan of Swing

Oct 8, 2014
    Pakistan obviously. Fast bowling and reverse swing masters

indian bowlers have always been soft, its the spinners that mostly carry them

7. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    Lol, Ishant has got 4, I think India’s bowling can do a job, it’s not special lik Australia and South Africa and I feel Pakistan has more quality however the India attack does its job.

Bumrah, Yadav, Bhuvi, Ishant and Shami along with Jadeja, Ashwin and Kuldeep gives them variety as well.

8. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    I think conditions in ENG provides equal opportunities to both, bowlers and batters and that's why I love to watch cricket played in ENG. It has a perfect balance in between bat and ball, specially in TEST, unlike other countries.

There is not easy run feast for batsmen, they have to work hard to survive, but get full value of their shorts and inning's hard-work if they survive initial phase of their innings.

Similarly, bowlers have their advantages as well, specially when clouds are covered. At times, when swing and seam it becomes near impossible to play.

A real test of good bowling attack will be in barren conditions under scorching sun. Due to this reason, its not wise to bowl 90MPH in UAE all the times. And because of this reason, likes of Amir bowl at 90MPH in Australia but Max 85 in NZ, ENG and the UAE. You will break your back if you attempt to bowl at 90MPH for an entire innings, let alone an entire Test series. Which is why Yasir bowls like a bowling machine in UAE to keep pacers fresh and effective, so that they can bowl short and rapid spells and give them plenty of time to recover once the spinners are having a go.

That said, it will be a treat to watch IF India comes to play in UAE with Pakistan.

9. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    India by a distance.
    The main reason is Ashwin. That guy now knows how to pick wickets on all surfaces yet Yasir Shah can only do it on spinning pitches. Ashwin has the x factor yet Yasir is just a decent leggie.

Fast bowling wise Bhuvi is probably better than Abbas. Amir is slightly better than Shami?
    Ishant vs Hassan Ali is a difficult one.

I think lack of x factor in both fast bowling line ups mean they are pretty equal now.

Overall Ashwin wins it for India hands down

10. Stumps

Stumps Youngsta Beauty

Oct 6, 2015
    Pakistan.

When the Pak team gets into that state of "haal", no team can live with it.

11. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    Bhuvi is not better than Abbas.

12. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Emerging Player

Sep 1, 2010
    I’m not a great fan of Yasir and I do agree that he has a lot to prove on non helpful pitches. However, he took two crucial 5-fers against England in 2016 to win matches.

Ashwin picked up wickets yes, but he didn’t get a 5fer and wasn’t even on the winning side in this match.

The main reason these two can pick up wickets against England overseas is that England bat like complete jahils against spin.

We can compare bowlers etc etc. Let’s look at results. Pak beat England in the first match pretty easily and it was primarily down to the bowling. So until India win a match, this conversation is futile.

Pakistan have proved that they can put it all together and beat England in England. India are no closer to doing that

13. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Ashwin did really well this game. Not his fault the batting failed miserably.
    Yes Yasir got 5-fers but they weren't those amazing ones for little runs.
    5-70 and 6-70 isn't amazing.
    Besides he had games where he went for 1-200 and 2-200.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=1;template=results;type=bowling;view=innings

Coming on to the result, a test is never won by 1 player. Always need some contribution from others. Unfortunately for india apart from Kohli and Ashwin not many others turned up. Just because India lost it doesn't mean we can disregard both of their performances

14. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Emerging Player

Sep 1, 2010
    I didn’t say it’s won by one player. As I said earlier, Pakistan’s whole bowling attack put it together to win the game. India haven’t done that and definitely not in England recently.

Pakistan aren’t going to win anything with the bat now are they? It has to be the bowling attack. And the bowling attack from the last couple of years has won 3 test matches in England.

So I know it’s fashionable to be that “fair and realistic guy” and begrudgingly give India the edge. But that’s not what has happened

15. Del

Del Tracer Bullet

Dec 21, 2016
    Two defeats in two Test, not to mention END were 396/7d in the only innings they played.

IND bowlers aren't giving much favor to their team atm.

16. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Batting has really let them down more so than the bowling which has given England a few scares. England have been surviving due to lower order resistance mainly.

As Younis Khan once said to win in England you need to score 300 runs. Indian so called powerful batting has been badly exposed here. The bowlers have been reasonable for Indian standards.