Incompetence or corruption, which one is worse?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Del, Apr 17, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 7)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I my book corruption originates from grass root level and reaches at the top and leaves no stone of functionality unturned. Specifically if we talk about government and politicians we can have better understanding. During the era of corrupt government our whole system gets badly effected. For example, if our education minister is corrupt he will not take interest in making policies and bringing reforms in out society. He will be more interested in gathering on paper projects which will lead him to get huge money into his foreign accounts. As a result whole system will be saturated with incompetent and corrupt people. So, corruption has got its own weight towards the failure of government.

Incompetence is indirect form of corruption where one is aware of the fact that he can’t do this job efficiently but still remains at the same position and delivers nothing but a failure and wrong use of resources. If we talk about government a whole nation becomes incompetent when she elects an incompetent and useless government. Ultimately Incompetency promotes corruption by hiring people for their own interests because they themselves are not able to deliver the desired results.

That said, which one is worse than the other in your opinion and why?

2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Corruption is dangerous, it is a plague and difficult to remove. i disagree it originates from the grass roots, corruption starts from the top level, as a result of many possibilities, but it starts from the top and gets to the roots.

Incompetency on the other hand is easier to get rid of, infact it doesnt hold itself for too long. An incompetent gets replaced eventually by itself.