India, Australia and England in attempt to take control of cricket

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Fawad, Jan 17, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

That won't matter if there is a legal contract which is finalised and stamped IN India.

2. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Not going to happen. They will just cite security concerns at the time of the matches.

3. Questioner

Questioner Talented

Jul 1, 2013
    Thanks to Don Corleone for giving a brief summary, now understand it a bit clearer.

That's a bad offer and most of it won't happen, well by the looks of it. But 'offers' why is that even allowed to happen shouldn't the ICC intervene and take action or is it just corruption which is allowed to happen as a result of power.

So what caused all of this 'Big 3' to set this up. Who's at fault, is the ICC or the one (or all) of the boards? Cricket isn't even a widely followed sport, so this might have side effects overall. But what if hypothetically some boards decided to protest (even though that's unlikely from what I read of that post), what would the consequences be then?

I remember when their were claims about corruption in FIFA, but it's looks like ICC is on the same level, but maybe I'm wrong, what is their stance on this? The only difference here is again the popularity of football compared to cricket, so the decisions might have bigger effect?

4. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012

You ask those questions where answer is not applicable. God please help!

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  5. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    I don't think they give a shit about what happens to pak cricket. this is purely a financial play. BCCI wants to retain the the ICC surplus in correlation to the revenue they generate.

Rest is just a smoke screen

6. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    Knock knock Namak_Halaal / salt pure/jeera blade

come home boy. don't be shy.

7. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    Calm down Mr N sri it is family forum not your country fazool forum

8. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010

don't you think he is being a coward for not answering such simple straight forward question?

I'll ask it again, if BCCI and India are in such dire straits as he claims, why is he getting worked up about BCCI pullings its revenue from ICC? shouldn't that be cause for celebration? After all, if you believe him, it is just loss of toilet paper.

Time for Namak_Halaal to man up.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I understand this is an emotive topic and that our moderation here is relaxed but that doesn't mean you can trade open insults.

If you cant discuss maturely then the thread will be closed for good.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 11
    • List
  10. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Suprise, Suprise.

CSA holding discussions with BCCI and will maybe support the later regarding all this.

BCB gone. CSA most prob gone. PCB effed all over.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  11. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
  12. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Damn, we ended up being all alone against the world.

13. AmmarAshraf

AmmarAshraf Talented

Jun 12, 2012
    CSA dismisses media report

CRICKET SOUTH AFRICA (CSA) would like to dismiss a report on the Cricinfo website that suggests that CSA is in the process of concluding a deal with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) that will see, amongst other things, Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat reintegrated into top administration in exchange for CSA supporting the International Cricket Council (ICC) revamped proposal put forward by the BCCI, Cricket Australia (CA) and the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).

“While we are engaged in discussions with the ICC and other Members, including the BCCI, to find an acceptable way forward, we have not and will not consider deals that compromise our key principles and integrity. This is a difficult time for global cricket and attempts to mislead and create confusion are not welcome,” said CSA President, Chris Nenzani.

“CSA vehemently denies any notion of deals being made with any other party. On the contrary we will seek to uphold good governance and our professional approach to find solutions to the current proposals being considered by all the Member Boards.

“We have carefully considered the proposals and we have declared that we will engage further with the ICC and other Members to try and reach any consensus ahead of Saturday’s ICC Board meeting and that position still stands,” explained Nenzani.

“Naturally we want good relations with the ICC and all its Members, especially India with whom we have always enjoyed a special relationship, but we will exercise our responsibilities with due care, skill and integrity and we will uphold the principles of good governance,” concluded Nenzani.

14. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
  15. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    I am still puzzled by ECB's alliance with the BCCI.

For example: Ashes boxing day test drew in a crowd at the MCG of over 90000 on the first day, and in the 10000s the following days. This is to say nothing of the viewership of the entire series.

Meanwhile matches vs India during the same period were in comparison, empty.

16. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

Television rights, actual attendance at games is a very small part of the pot now

17. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    True, but it demonstrates that Test cricket is very much alive which goes against BCCI's notion of Test cricket.

SKY are paying ECB approx £280m over four years for the rights etc.

How many matches would have to be played between England and India to generate that sort of cash. Even with a series per year, I suspect ECB will making a lot less compared to say playing Australia instead.

The other thing is, does anyone know how the revenue would be distributed in a series that does not involve India?

18. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    SAC is pretty much phlegmatic on this matter. Moreover, PCB is pretty much on denying mood whatever the Greedy 3 have to offer. Only Sri Lanka may quiver.

19. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Boards should not be victimized for standing up for their rights - Wasim Akram

Revamp entirely motivated by money - Lord Woolf

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  20. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    does he mean their right to other boards resources?

to Lord woolf: of course it was motivated by money you dumbass and prime motivation for this is your report which reeked of the "Raj", which called of taking complete control of BCCI revenues by the ICC. How about you have control over none of it?

21. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    BCCI do not only demand money in that draft. Let's forget about the money.

That draft also says that the big 3 will not be affected by relegation amd that the big 3 will have a permanent person in the ICC finance committee. Complete power for themselves.

22. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Successful takeover. Game will be changed forever.

23. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    Is the Pak series with SA still on?

24. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    As per FTP we don't have any Saffer series till eight years. Then again the FTP doesn't exist anymore.

25. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    we have a series with you come in Dubai. ghar Kay sheryo KO dair Karna hai

26. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010

I thought Zaka announced one recently?

27. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    He talked to media that he will propose the idea of a Jinnah-Madela Trophy to South Africa. Not gonna happen now.

28. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010

why not?

29. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Why? I really doubt this will affect relations

30. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't know. Depends on whose chairman. Our idiot PM is going to sack Zaka next week to install his own person.

31. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm pretty sure you were one of the most anti-Zaka and glad when he was sacked earlier

32. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Won't but it was more of an assurance series incase of isolation IMO

33. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    I still am. But even you have to agree that Zaka Ashraf is a hundred times better than Sehti. I'd prefer fresh elections where someone on merit comes but since that is not going to happen might as well have Zaka. Sehti will ruin everything.

34. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Nope. Pakistan has a huge cricket watching population. A series with Pakistan is a major draw.

The fact that CSA actually paid Pakistan to visit it, when India shortened their series shows that they earned quite a bit

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  35. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I agree. It is ironic that Sethi said a couple of weeks back that he didn't want to be head, was "against" his will and an honour or something :p

36. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    You'll see how hypocrtical he is when he is made Chairman next week.

37. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010

BUMP!

Namak_Halaal

Get some namak in your diet. Word is that it enhances pride. God knows you need some. LMAO.

38. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010

Bump!

Pure comedy! Even funnier now!