India, Australia and England in attempt to take control of cricket

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Fawad, Jan 17, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Who said anything about relegation? The point was on distribution of wealth.

Perhaps your defintion of 'equally' differs from the norm.

Equal doesn't mean, 3 / 10 have more rights and power than the other 7.

Like I said, read up on Communism.

2. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    100% true.

A series vs. Pakistan will make more for the BCCI than an IPL season or any other opponent.

This is precisly why BCCI is prepared to play Pakistan, in Pakistan or UAE - cos they [BCCI] are desperate.

3. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011

cant wait for BCCI not to participate in T20 WC lol .. now go watch your IPL ... LOL

4. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    TBH BCCI deserves its bigger share of revenues.And no board has opposed that.

The opposition is to the administrative changes which ofcourse is right.

Posters here talking about what BCCI can do.Need to read what BCCI did in 2000.Indian players refused to sign a ICC contract which banned them from endorsing any competitive products of ICC sponsors for 1 month before ICC events,during it and 1 month after it.NZC moved a proposal to ban Indian players.Indian courts banned any sponsorship money to flow from India to ICC.Indian sponsors immediately pulled out.Global sponsors demanded a huge decrease in the amount they paid ICC and telecasters demanded the same.

So if 80% of your revenues are linked to one single Team/Country/Board then that board deserves bigger share of the pie.

5. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Why do Pakistani players want to play IPL?Why so desperate?Dont they make money from PSL?Or as someone will say PCB is the Money generator so i guess they can pay Pakistanis.why play in bankrupt IPL?

6. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    oh bhai s2k OK we know they greedy they take the money out but why these conditions. sai sai ya kion nai kehtay Kay hum cricket Kay don banana chtay hain

7. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    It is a matter of fairness. One nation shouldn't just be banned.

8. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011

did i mention Paki players ?

9. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    begariti ki bi koi hadh hoti hai on side they threating to Bcb and other side wahi according to ary bcci offers 4 series in next years to pcb

10. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011

Beats me why you always like to go the other way where majority is not in favour .. anyway .... US never demands the International Olympic Committee members that we bring the largest revenue and hence we need more control of the IOC. The IOC has a history of over 110 years and only once has an American been President of IOC.

11. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    They are already don.I doubt you can pass a single thing if BCCI opposes it.And BCCI is asking what is rightly theirs.If i ICC's max revenues are linked to BCCI/India then why should they not get more money out of it?Why should BCCI get the same money that ZCA or BCB or such boards get?

There is 65 year old history to it.Then there is a small matter of some of your players making anti India/Anti Hindu comments.why should they be allowed?Which ever franchisee hires them,their image will take a beating.Politicians will talk againist them.Why would anyone take that risk?Not to mention the shengians of PCB,last time it was PCB which banned Pak players from IPL in 2009.

IPL is already very successful without Pak players.

Vote ki baat hai.BCCI needs just 1 more vote.They have 6.

12. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Should have saw the crowd sign today for the big 3, look at the state of indian cricket outside india and England cricket, yet they want to rule cricket. What a joke! :fp

13. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    America doesnt bring 80% of revenues.Does it?

14. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I still do not understand how BCCI can say that they bring 80% of the revenues in an ICC event.

The broadcasters and sponsors do not really pay for India's matches only.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  15. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    That without any sort of evidence to back it up.

16. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    It really doesn't make any sense. And please do not bring up IPL and India biliteral series revenues and such since that doesnt count in this case.

17. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Have you seen anyone dispute the claim that 80% of revenues are linked to India?

Look up the sponsors and broadcasters of ICC and tell me how many of them are India based.And regarding global companies,which is their biggest cricket market?

And the evidence will be in the audits which ofcourse isnt for us to see.

18. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    Good luck! As i said in previous posts, i was hoping this would happen. This way ICC blows up and each board can gain whatever they can negotiate.

19. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    They are also linked to India playing other nations. Pakistan-India is the biggest draw of them all, advertisers pay big bucks for this, so you should mention that 80% is also linked to Pakistan.

20. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011

Dude first of all yes America brings in more than 80 percent revenue on IOC

Secondly Main broadcaster is ESPN not Star sports or sony etc, they not only distribute rights to india but to Pakistan, SA, Australia as well, so how can you say that india holds an edge on all broadcast rights on the table. if its an India match with any team obviously ESPN will give rights to India , if its not India than ESPN will hand it over to the host nation. mind you ESPN is an American Company.

21. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    Bro are you retarded ? or have some serious comprehension issues that needs to be looked at by professionals ? Because you seem to be saying random things that do not make any sense.

A) No one in the history of ICC has tried taken ALL the revenue of any board. That is just complete and utter bullshit unless you can point to some evidence that exists outside of your own head.
    B) ICC works as a committee, you seem to not understand what that means. ICC, being a committee, can only make money if other board members make money and then make their contributions to ICC. OR the same board members take part in ICC events and ICC gets to a huge chunk of the after giving everyone their cut

How is calling BCCI assholes crying ? Its called *****ing son. And dam right I am *****ing. WTF ? This is a game I love to watch why wont I complain if some assholes are trying to hurt it just to make some more money ? Are you saying that's how you function ?

Contributor to what ? What other sport functions that way ? Does Mumbai gets to host most games in IPL because it is owned by the richest folks ? Indian team plays none-stop all year long, none freaking stop. You guys have a home season, IPL and the champions league. You cant host more even if you wanted to man.

Really its an irony ? Umm name one sport where one contributor gets to host ALL of the events. BCCI pretty much gets to define their own FTP.

A) Heard of a country called Bangladesh ? When was the last time you traveled there for a full test series ?
    B) When were you in Zim for a full test series ?
    C) Or SA for a full test series ?

You know how touring works right ? BCCI also gets to make money from it. Less money, granted. But if they keep touring Eng and Aus over and over again that product will get diluted too and there will be less money to make. Its a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Man you just went full retard there, never go full retard. You think some money made during a pak-india series go to "none-state" actors ? You think PCB makes enough to contribute some money to none-state actors ? Seriously thats the straw you clutched. Can you please go and talk to a professional about these crazy ideas in your head man because I am beginning to suspect there is something seriously wrong with you.

Whatever you think you are getting, believe me, that is not "it". I dont want to waste my time letting you know what a communist is or what is communism. You seem to have no idea.

haha so half way through the post you decided to go into troll mode because you ran out of material ? Good for you shows your capability.

Check how much does a selector makes in India and how much does the ground staff makes. Then check the same numbers for ECB, ACB etc. Do you not feel ashamed ? Because YOU and people like you make this possible for BCCI. You should be outraged that your fellow Indians that contribute way too much for the game that you follow get treated like dirt when BCCI can easily afford to pay them more they choose not to do that. But here you are supporting BCCI. In essence supporting their actions.
    Money has been used to make a very small percentage very rich. Rest of people associated with Indian cricket are making the same money. I hope when you go to watch the game in a stadium again in India. You get to see the poor guy with a jharoo sweeping the pitch because BCCI cant afford to get the proper tools since they dont have the money to afford a freakin proper brush. I hope that guy gets to shit on you just like you are shitting on him today.
    And I know your type. You think you are being patriotic by defending BCCI on a forum. Defending India's honor and some other make believe bullshit. You are not kid. You are helping BCCI exploit Indians. You are a direct contributor to that exploitation. Honestly **** you and your type.

No way retired indian players make a pension ? What !! stop the presses. No way man thats such a luxury right. For a board which makes millions in profit to pay pension is un-heard of in this day and age.
    If the rest of the countries can't afford to play cricket then who would India play to support India's big population. Because apparently, or according to you, BCCI contributes to support India's big population.

You already do for all net new tech. All net new google products, any net new OS releases have issues. Early adapters actually pay more money to get the tech. Which then allows the devs to further refine it and then they release it again later. Which OS do you use son ? Look at the version you are using. You think those patches gets released for shits and giggles ? Performance guarantee ? Have you ever bough a product with a performance guarantee ? Do you know what that even means ? Functional guarantee I understand what the hell is performance guarantee ? You know that there are a billion and one factors that impact performance. And what the frack is a turn-key situation ?
    You keep on saying "untested" when its not un-tested. It has been tested hence it was released in production. More testing in production will allow a bigger data set to be looked at in variable conditions to further refine it.
    Stay away from all GE products then.

ICC needs to mandate the boards to pay for it the same way they make the boards pay for Umpires. The onus is on ICC to provide identical situations across the boards for the game to function.
    How the hell would BCCI pay for everyone ? You have no idea how things function yet you keep on yapping about it. ICC makes its money from member contribution and hosting ICC events. Thats how they pay for shit numb-nuts. Its not BCCI.

Educate yourself:

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/footballdevelopment/medical/media/news/newsid=2223009/
    http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/footballdevelopment/news/newsid=2134879/

And how would you know that ? You seem to have some experience in this regard. Maybe women get cranky around you because you are a revolting ******* and they find you repulsive and not because they are on the rag.
    You think I am going to get offended because you called me a "women on the rag".
    What does your mother, sister and wife do around you ?

Do you even like cricket ? Because all you seem to be interested in is BCCI making more money. So why waste your time and energy in a sport you seem to have no interest in ?
    I personally am a fan of the sport. I want to see the game flourish and I dont give a rats ass about boards making money. I would rather have boards make no profit whatsoever and have about 50 % of that surplus revenue sit in a bank collecting interest and the rest of the 50 % go to associates to have them flourish the game.

This is not real life. This is international sport and thats not how things work in international sports.

Whatever you think Tendulkar is he still had more talent in his little pinky then you would have in your entire life time.
    So you are telling me India was suppose to play a test against WI as per the FTP ? Because thats a blatant lie. That tour was by WI was not on the FTP. The SA tour was re-scheduled to accomodate that WI tour.
    Man you think you know what BCCI's problems are ? You think you are a BCCI board member kid ? haha you have talked yourself retarded.

First of all I dont know what "communist thugs" like since I dont know a communist thug. I guess I will take your word for what they like.
    Secondly unless you are 16 years old you should know that the more you make the more you pay in taxes son. That is how things work.

There are ways and means to do things. You crush your competition by bringing a better product to the market. Not by bullying. Because assholes who cant compete on a level playing field bully.
    I know you wont get the point because you dont give a shit about your fellow Indians who suffered and people who play and promote the game, mostly from India, who suffered.

Ok thanks for the input. Next time if you dont have a counter STFU instead of repeating none sense. Just because you are slow doesnt mean you have to open your mouth and let the world know about it. Try to keep it shut so atleast some people can make the assumption that you are normal.

Tell it to someone who gives a shit about your opinion.

• List
  22. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    There's no reasoning with this guy. Arguing with him is not a constructive use of my time.

• List
  23. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Really?It doesnt matter who India plays,there is money to be made.

A case in point is that when India played WI and ZIM on their tours those boards made money.When Pakistan toured them those boards lost money.So who is generating the revenues?You can look this up on google if you want.There are statements by ZCA President Chingoka and WICB President Cameron about this.

Please provide me a link which says 80% of IOC revenue comes from USA.

Secondly

The Telecast rights were bagged by ESPN-Starsports.A JV which operated under the name of Espn Starsports software Ltd,.The JV was dissolved last year when Star Sports bought the 50% stake of ESPN in the JV.All this is info is available in the public if you wish to google it.So your facts are wrong,get them corrected.

2.ESPN-Star Sports were winners.The next 3 big bidders were Nimbus/Sony and Ten sports.All of them Indian companies.

3.Telecasters make money by advertisements.And more than 80% of the cricketing audience is in India.Without them why would advertisers pay the same money.

4.Indian companies sponsor ICC events by the way of ground sponsorship/associate sponsors/title sponsors etc.Look up any matches in the recent ICC CT and you will find many Indian companies advertising there.

As i said,name one person who has disputed the fact that 80% of ICC revenues are not linked to India/BCCI.They ofcourse are privy to more info then you or me.

24. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Don't believe a word from these BCCI bandits and its supporters.

First they pretend the proposal is democratic when it is nothing of the sort.

Then they claim they'll play at a banned venue vs. arch rivals Pakistan. Hello?

These poisonous snakes know the truth deep inside which is why they are tying to dupe you with flowery excuses and wannabe pretence.

BCCI would have had the proposal approved by now had they consulted subcontinental boards from the get go, but no, instead their genetic inferiority complex kicked in and as if by magic the BCCI went for the fair and lovely option.

I guess they [India] always missed the British.

25. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    WICB has issued a statement supporting the Big 3's plan. That's 5 confirmed votes for the proposal. (IND, AUS, ENG, NZ, WI)

26. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    So apparently, NZ and WI are voting yes because the Big 3 have promised to tour them.

I feel that SLC and BCB can change their votes if same is promised to them.

27. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    WIKIPEDIA :

ESPN (originally an abbreviation for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network) is a U.S. -based global cable and satellite television channel, that is owned as a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which operates the network, through its 80% ownership interest) and Hearst Corporation (which holds a 20% interest). The channel focuses on sports -related programming including live and recorded event telecasts, sports talk shows, and other original programming.

28. Zeeshan Merchant

Zeeshan Merchant Emerging Player

Dec 27, 2013
    I think the big 3 want a unanimous decision, and they will make it happen.

Once they get BCB or SLC to fold, they will approach Pakistan and South Africa, and mention the pride thing.

I dont take BCCI at their word of a promise of a series at neutral venue. I dont think its going to happen. Someone will get in the way due to politics, and BCCI will backout. If PCB agrees on that accord, they are idiots.

India has not played Pakistan because of politics, not because of BCCI. More money to BCCI will not change that.

What i do see happening, is PCB agreeing on that premise, and the series never happening. Even though a full series could easily generate 100 Million for PCB ( I am talking 3 tests, 5 odi, 2 t20s)

29. Zeeshan Merchant

Dec 27, 2013
    The real question for Indians are

What exactly does BCCI do with the money, and why do you want them to have more. LOL Its not going into your pockets you fools, its going into some corrupts pockets. Why are you pegging for this money like you gonna be rich. LMAO

30. cricketrulez

cricketrulez Banned

Feb 1, 2010
    I'm retarded? what do you think pooling all cricket revenues means? Read the woolff report moron. It talks about ICC controlling all cricketing revenue and distributing with no regard to where it came from. Sounds awfully like a the philosophy of a now defunct super power

It is crying and whining. BCCI wants to control revenue from in jurisdiction which they have a right to. you are throwing a tantrum becos it goes against your wishes. *****ing has certain righteous to it. This is good old crybaby tantrum.

Contributor to cricketing revenues you moron. You have been saying it over and over again. 60-70%. You are right, no other sport functions that way. No other international sport is gets 70% revenues from one country. The home season you talk about, they had to fight to get it. IPL organization is strictly internal country matter. worry about your own problems.

Ignoramus, it was not about hosting ICC events, It was about home tours when BCIC would get to make money. CA and ECB had cushy 30% more than BCCI.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...25;template=results;type=team;view=opposition

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=9;template=results;type=team;view=opposition

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...=3;template=results;type=team;view=opposition

NEXT!

If you think a portion of the cricketing revenues don't filter down to the likes LeT, you don't know shit about pakistan.

Its called calling it the way you see it. Sucks for you if you don't like it.

Never claimed things were perfect in India. If any thing, extra $300M over 8 years will help improve the situation.

Thats is BCCI's job to figure out. Looks like they are doing alright with IPL. Not unlike baseball in US.

Sure, GE puts half baked crap out to public. Companies don't charge Beta testers, in fact it works the other way around.
    What test data have you seen for the accuracy of CRAPEYE? There was huge thread on RSC regarding this. Apparently the only ICC testing was of 14 deliveries during AUS-SA tour, the results of which they haven't released to the public. 14 ****ing deliveries! If you thnk thats good enough to make it an ICC standard, I got prime real estate on the moon for you. Real cheap.

CRAPSPOT (which can't be deployed in all cricketing countries) as ICC standard. I'm the retard? It really did well in the ashes in england didn't it.

BTW, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turnkey

why does ICC have to pay for DRS: becos 7 of 10 boards can't afford it

how would ICC pay for it: from the surplus

What effect would it have: reduce disbursement to all baords

SO whats the ****ing point dumbshit? It still affects the revennue for all the smaller boards. figure out the contradiction yet? slowwitted ****wit!

Educate yourself:

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/footballdevelopment/medical/media/news/newsid=2223009/
    http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/footballdevelopment/news/newsid=2134879/[/QUOTE]

So FIFA basically exempted most of it players, simply offering wounded players and past offenders for the "whereabouts" clause. Also wanted exemption for recreation drugs. WADA accepted and certified FIFA under those terms. You think they would have accepted such terms from ICC/BCCI?

so you moved on from being cranky to whiny now.

I like cricket just fine. I don't like the idea of BCCI money funding the luxurious life style of cricketers in other countries (You know like luxury cars for ball biting, pitch dancing morons like afridi.) when that money could be spent on improving things in india.

Thats your take, I disagree.

1) Never claimed I was more talented
    2) he is still a soft "goody two shoes". I prefer players with more venom.
    3) A tour doesn't have to be in the FTP. India has toured SLC outside of FTP to help their financial situation. no one complained then
    4) Indian tour of SA took place as per FTP requirement. SA didn't like length of tour. sucks to be them.

1) ICC is not a country. members don't pay taxes
    2) Its a member organization for sports, where members agree to organized activity for defined period of time.
    3) That periods end in 2014
    4) BCCI wishes to change the terms for the next cycle. Take it or leave it

BTW, a GE puke lecturing people on paying taxes? now I have heard it all. So do a members of your group make the same salary? if not, why not?

Some times its a zero sum game. Get on with it.

Practice what you preach dumb ass.

cuts both ways.

31. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
  32. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    You are talking about ESPN Usa.The bid was made by ESPN-Star a JV.Read about that.That JV was between Star sports and Espn software ltd.

The money from Bcci flows to cricket at lower levels in India.New academies new grounds bigger salary for domestic players pension for cricketers overall development of the game in India.All the Bcci revenue for a year is divided state associations players etc etc.

33. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    News is the Government of India is planning to update the INR 500 and INR 1000 notes, and will give citizens 6 months to exchange the old notes with the new. After that the old notes cannot be exchanged, even at Indian banks.

In otherwords, black money (which is mostly cash in India) will be washed into white by any means nessacary. BCCI have been washing money for a few years, whether through retrospective pension payments, IPL, media rights, the WC - now they'll go overdrive.

I expect the next couple of IPL editions to be orchestrated to the hilt.

34. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Some people keep telling lies.

RBI will exchange pre 2005 notes and there is no time limit till when they can be exchanged.

35. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Cannot trust an Indian to know about their economy. Always trust an outsider.

36. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    A liar will always be a liar.And people will condone that in the name of freedom of speech.

http://indianexpress.com/article/bu...rrency-notes-can-flush-out-unaccounted-money/

37. Zeeshan Merchant

Dec 27, 2013
    Lol indians have become very naive

Moneys fows down lol. Only money that flows down lol. Okay there guys

38. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    • List
  39. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Took him long enough to find the relevant news. He heard it here first!

They have no idea of what their government is up to, how the economy works, how criminals wash black into white - sticking with some 2005 news as some defence or plea for sanity not realising we are in 2014.

BCCI minions cannot be trusted because they are certified bullshitters. These are the same people who were defending BCCI's decision of not to play in the UAE, now they remain silent.

BCCI has financial problems - a gaping hole in finances - you heard it here first.

40. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012

This was last weeks news direct from the horses mouth.

Proof of identity from someone who wants to wash black money? Pure jokes!

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/BS_ViewCurrencyPressRelease.aspx?Id=30458

Like I said, you cannot trust an Indian to know anything about their economy.

:)

• List