India prevail victorious despite Amir brilliance

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ahson8, Feb 27, 2016.

India prevail victorious despite Amir brilliance

by Ahson Afzal
Feb 27, 2016 at 5:35 PM
  1. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    indian-t20-team-ms-dhoni-a.png

India vs Pakistan - probably the biggest game of the Asia Cup, with a full house to witness the contest. India won the all important toss and elected to field first.

Mohammad Hafeez got off the mark of just the second delivery of the game, playing a beautiful drive through the covers, to get things going, but fell two deliveries later, as he edged a Nehra delivery to the keeper. Khurram Manzoor found it tough to score against Jasprit Bumrah, and conceeded a maiden, but the Pakistani batsmen found it easier against Nehra, who conceeded 13 runs in the third over of the innings.

Sharjeel fell in the next over though, as he misjudged a slower delivery from Bumrah, only managing to edge it to slip. Malik got off the mark with a boundary, but Manzoor was run out soon after. That instigated a horror collapse; Malik edged a Pandya delivery in the next over, Umar Akmal fell leg before to Yuvraj and Afridi was runout to leave Pakistan reeling at 42/6.

Sarfraz fought with the tail but Pakistan could only manage 83 runs, being bowled out in the 18th over.

Pakistan would need something special to defend this target. Mohammad Amir raised hopes with a spectacular over, pinning Rohit and Rahane leg before wicket. Amir should probably have had Kohli in his next over, but was denied by the umpire. However, Raina chipped a catch to mid-on the next delivery to leave India at 8/3. However, Kohli and Yuvraj stitched up a 68 run partnership, and even though Sami returned late to take two Indian wickets, it was pretty much smooth sailing for India once they had seen off Amir, as they ended up with a 5 wicket victory.

Virat Kohli was announced the player of the match for his 49 off 51 deliveries.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2016
The author is a medical student and an avid fan of Pakistan cricket.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
      I wasn't able to watch the game today but looking at the scorecard it seems that 120 would have been a good defendable score on this track. Did we just get worried about India's batting power and try to score too many?

2. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
      Just played stupid shots and also some very poor running b/w the wickets.

3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      I'm not feeling down like I do when Pakistan lose to india tbh. I actually enjoyed our bowling

4. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      the wicket was devlish and this was our first game and we just arrived Bangladesh. I think we should go easy on the boys

5. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
      Every single batsman chose the wrong ball to play a stroke. They were clueless and kept going hard at the ball.

Should take a note of Kohli and Yuvraj's approach and wait for the wrong ball to go after in coming matches.

Even 120 would be a defendable total on these wickets.

6. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
      The only saving grace for Pakistan in this match was Mohammad Amir.

He surely showed glimpses of what he can do the more he plays, the better and fitter he will become!

Congrats to India! @s2k @Strength Is Life @Austin 3:!6 and all other indian members we have here on CS. It is about time you come and share your views here too with us all.

7. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
      @TM Riddle not active cuz he knows it was a fluke win.

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    9. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
      Nice write up @Ahson8.

Thing is the selection was wrong from day one, ok fair enough our opening issues are serious but wouldn't you select the 'best' out of the lot? How does Khurram's selection warrant that? How does Sharjeel's warrant that? How is it that selectors can't recognise the difference between a good upcoming T20 batsman and a leg side hack who can cause the odd whirlwind here and there? Or the coaches for that sake?

When you clearly have incompetency at the top level, how can you select a decent player, also with regards to players shouldn't it be a worrying sign when a player has over a thousand T20 runs with 2 centuries 13 half centuries with an average close to 30 with a s/r at 115 look like a newcomer who hasn't held a bat in his life coming up against a Dale Steyn? Or that batsman were cutting rising bowls on off stump to point? Or batsman running like headless chicken, they can come back and score 200+ runs in their next 3 games, but there is fundamental issues that haven't been addressed in the last 10-15 years and we've seen in that time span, the inconsistency of scores, 300 one day, 84 the next day, a one off can be brushed off, but when it's consistent, you can't ignore it or eventually the rot will reach a point of no return.

Worst part is these pitches suit our quicks and cut back out reliance on spin (a lack of a genuine spinner, fortunately that mistake will be hidden this tourney due to the pitches).

10. Sir John

Sir John Tracer Bullet

May 25, 2010
      we won celebration time

11. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Whispering Death

Oct 5, 2014
      It was an embarrasment. All the players threw it away and I aay it threw it away is bcz they had no idea which balls to attack nor what balls to leave. Indian batsmen were leaving those balls that were rising of were getting beaten but most definitely not trying to cut at point.

Hafeez tried to cut a bouncing balls, sharjeel tried to cut a bouncing ball, malik gets the edge after being unable to get bat on ten inswinging balls, khurram Manzoor had no sense what a run out is. Yes malik called it but don't you know where that ball was going especially when you were looking there and you still run. Umar akmal has two dissmisalls. His leg side hoicks boundary rider and his pad defense where the ball lands the pads and his bat is defending the air.

This match has revealed some high technical flaws in our game and our batting. Sharjeel and hafeez played UAE shots on a green pitch.

While amir remained the saving grace alone who was looking a class apart while irfan was the ' so close but no cigar ' bowler, sami struck late and wahab gifted them the game.

All of these batsmen have huge technical issues as half of them have talent but don't work while other half have nothing.

12. saiyan0321

Oct 5, 2014
      They better get their crap straight. Or else they will produce such performances against india.. On a flat pitch they will make 130 which will be below par score and India will chase it.

13. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
      They are crap because of you!

14. saiyan0321

Oct 5, 2014
      They are crap bcz they are talentless, passionless, idiots who have zero cricket accumen. :p :p :p

15. saiyan0321

Oct 5, 2014
      @Choi Saab what the hell man. Were they not crap yesterday? Were they not talentless when they were trying to cut bouncing balls to point? Were they not passionless when they were gifting wickets?

How was mine offtopic. Yesterday was crap performance and thus they were crap bcz they are talentless ( true and on topic) they were passionless ( true and on topic as they stood there with smiles and gifting wickets and they don't improve) and they are talentless ( malik kept getting hit inswinger after inswinger).

Where is the off topic in my post?

16. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
      No, no, and no.

Again, off topic!

Edit - :))) couldn't hold it in, just wanted to poke you and @Munna :p.

17. saiyan0321

Oct 5, 2014
      Worked on me. :p :p :p :p

18. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
      Lol, surprised on that tbh. I thought maybe Munna would crack, but you, I thought would laugh or write a mega essay lol :p.

19. saiyan0321

Oct 5, 2014
      You caught me when I was hungry and thus very angry and annoyed ( i get like that when i havent eaten) . Have eaten right now so I an relaxing with my tea after lunch.

Why surprised. You predicted I would write a mega essay. :p :p it wasn't mega though. :p :p

You never know with @Munna he may be thinking about banning you for a day and looking for reasons the guy is an ex pp mod. :p :p :p :p

20. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
      Lol, I'm the same, so I can understand.

Well, for you it was just a short sentence :D, your essays would resemble a 10,000 word dissertation :p #Jokes :D.

Lol, that's true, hence why I removed them, he isn't as trustworthy as he was. :p.

P.S - Neither of us would be wrong if we handed out "off topic' ratings right now, LMAO!

21. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Lol
      image.jpeg

22. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
      ^Brilliant. :rofl