India:Trashing lives and the constitution

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mycroft Holmes, Sep 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
  2. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    How long before they start with the 'whatabout X Y & Z'

3. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    1. Whether Modi is good for India or not is a decision for Indians to make, not Brits.

2. Amnesty international that is being quoted here is facing criminal charges in India for breaking laws. They have zero credibility in India.

3. The article doesnot mention which law or where the constitution has been violated.

4. The NRC in Assam is according to the Assam Accord of 1984, its been run by the supreme court, Modi govt has nothing to do with it. Those who have so much sympathy can take these illegal immigrants to their own country and not give us lecture. We Indians are not here to be the refugee capital of the world. Assamese like @Bublu Bhuyan will tell you about NRC in details.

5.Western leftist media outlets are pissed off because Modi has shut the shop of the NGOs likes of Greenpeace,Ford Foundation,Amnesty etc etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
  5. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    1) Tbh you can elect a rhesus monkey for all I care. Makes no difference to me. You are right it is a decision for India. HOWEVER you do not get to dictate what people think of him. Most people see through the crap and see him for the far right demagogue he is. People are entitled to their opinion whoever they are.
    2) Amnesty int'ls credibility is just fine.
    3) the article is not a legal document. It is however from a institution that is far more respected than anything that comes out of India.
    4)lol any kinda verbal gymnastics to deprive people of their rights...
    5) excuses excuses and more excuses. The'liberal' media is just fine for you guys when the boots on the other foot.

Amazing how if modi said the sky's purple, these lot would have the arguments ready.

6. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    The Indian media has 0% credibility anyone brave enough to speak up is committing career suicide or worse

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/08/02/indias-media-cant-speak-truth-to-power-modi-bjp-journalism/
    As for the assamese the world and any respected news outlet sees through the lies.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/11/opinion/india-assam-stateless-bengalis-muslim.html

Basically you will shill for India even if they are morally wrong. Then again I suppose that's one of the cornerstones of fascism.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  7. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
  8. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    They'll never admit it.... Theyll just say what about X Y & Z. Or they'll ignore it. The fascists can't argue but just pop out false equivalences.

9. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    modi is risking a nuclear war. i think his stupidity must concern everyone around his country, if not the world.

i wont be a lawyer to amnesty international, but to be honest thats what a fascist regime says/does to human rights organisation who dont tow their line.
    i dont really care about the constitution of india but i have read/heard some indian journos and even the most pro admit the constitution has been played with.
    no idea no comments
    yeah right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.