1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Ireland legalises same sex marriage

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Donal Cozzie, May 23, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Aug 31, 2011
    The No side faced a lot of abuse because of their stance. Were called homophobic, inhuman etc which is pathetic. Everybody has the democratic right to choose.

2. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    Yes, you should be thankful to Allah for allowing you to make the right choice and getting over your temptations.

3. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Apr 26, 2011
    LOL at the kid @iAd disliking my post. Can you mention why u dislike it?

4. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    One ummah, brothers and sisters, but adopt a child without parents and give that child a better life which is a good deed, a very good one infact because you're helping someone in need? A big No no no

5. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    You don't understand. You would have poor people (or, worse, non-arabs) calling themselves Ibn Saud if that happened.

6. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Live and let live.

And nothing wrong in adopting a child.

7. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Great to see. The nation has spoken.

8. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Actually there is a 3rd sex referred to in hadith. Enuchs who are instructed to pray behind the men and before the women.

9. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Lol liberals and their selective moral outrage.A country is free to decide its own views on homosexuality as long as its pro gay.
    If ireland etc accept gay marriage thats great but if russia etc ban the promotion of homosexuality thats bad. Apologists are great at championing freedoms to express opinions, as long as they are compatible with the spoonfed libtard ideals. Here inlies the problem these guys have been so conditioned to western ideals that anything else is abhorrent. They are not looking for parity but want to subjugate any opinion with a different perpective.
    If you think women should be women and men should not be effeminate the pc police will have you for it. These idiots try and convince you that sodomy is a normal bodily function. Maybe you libtards need to find out what each bodily orifice is for. Hey im not saying stop gays getting married etc, like i said you cant regulate human behaviour but its about time someone called a spade a spade.
    Whatched a documentary the other day where drs in the usa are altering physically the gender of children. Go figure.

10. Pakfast

Pakfast Talented

May 8, 2013
    homosexuality was seen as a mental disorder until the 70s, then the gay lobby group had it turned into a "natural" predisposition

islam has told us that the human nafs (very very loosely translated as soul) can never be satisfied, be it food, lust, money, territory etc. we can never have enough, the more we feed it the more it will grow. one great islamic scholar described the nafs as a fire and feeding it is like throwing wood into the fire in the hope that it will extinguish. that is the very reason allah has set clear boundries that shouldn't be crossed and we have been crossing it ever since. one has to just look at society today, everything is sexualized, children grow up seeing filth, even in cartoons. they idolize celebrities who are barely dressed, have premarital sex and have illegitimate children all this leads to kids as young as 10 or eleven having sex, that's all shown as normal. there use to be a time when when all this was frowned upon and seen as shocking, but slowly boundaries set by allah were crossed and the nafs is never satisfied which led man to cross another boundary, sodomy. we see homosexuals coming out later in their lives after they have exhausted all other means of satisfying their lust. children are taught that its ok and them too being exposed such filth so early in their lives seek alternatives to feed their nafs. its a problem of our society today and the choices people make.

that being said, some people are actually born this way, and it is what it was described in the past a mental illness, their persecution and abuse is in no way right. of course anyone suggesting that will be made a pariah in the medical community and no research on this disorder will be performed. only allah knows whats coming next.

and oh yeah, all this described by that "1300 year old book" which was true in the past, is true today and will stay true till the end of times.

11. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Homosexuality being called a mental illness (totally untrue), people choosing to be gay (again laughably untrue, why then would there even be gay people in Uganda or Pakistan if they had a choice) being called a libtard because I and 1.3 million other of my native countrymen feel the same way i.e homosexuals are equal and not spawn of Satan as some here would say and so on.

Congrats guys, you've turned a great moment in history to a really depressing convo.

I look forward to being called a liberal retard because I have the same opinion as millions of others including various scientists who have conducted studies on the issue. Of course those scientists must be part of a global conspiracy too, because why not.

And props to the guys who brought incest and interspecies sex into this, because there's no way to end a debate you have no reply to other than by mentioning things that have nothing to do with the topic in an attempt to tar it all under the one brush. Bravo.

I need a break from this forum, because this stuff is depressing and enraging. You're arguing against this based on your belief, zero fact, zero anything, just a belief you wouldnt even follow had you not been born into it and your particular belief is better than the rest because reasons. Like talking to a brick wall.

And dont bother quoting religious scripts ffs, every page contradicts the next page, and just because they have several vague descriptions of the future doesnt mean the end is nigh. For every one you can quote me calling for gays to be killed there's probably 10 more about loving everyone equally.

Not to mention people who dont subscribe to your faith naturally wont care about whats written in it.

And mycroft, Ireland was free to vote any way it wanted. Russia simply banned and started beating the living shite out of gay people, hardly an even remotely close comparison.

Anyway, as I said, I'm taking a break, because lord knows I need it. No point getting angry over some of the stuff written here.

12. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Lol 'a great moment in history'. I bet libtards will be comparing bestiality to the Manhattan project. Please dont refer to me in your posts because im trying really hard to avoid the utter bullshit coming out your mouth.
    Homosexuality is not banned in russia so stop with the lies and propaganda, its the garbage that is coming outyour mouth that is banned. The russian people have given the govt a mandate to pass laws so can be seen as an extension of their will. Though many will argue its legitimacy.
    Hey if you are a homosexual then thats your business but you are the only one proselytising here forcing your opinions on others. You have systematically made sweeping generalisations about other peoples beliefs so stop with the sanctimonious bullshit. As long as other you have a right to express your opinions afford the same right to others.
    I believe:
    Homosexuality is some kind of mental /physiological fault contrary to what humans are designed for.
    Homosexual propaganda HAS opened the debate for incest
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...gs-to-be-legalised-by-government-9753506.html
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...dge-says-incest-may-no-longer-be-a-taboo.html
    and i can go on.
    Simply redefining marriage to include homosexuality is like calling a car a helicopter because helicopters are feeling left out.
    @donnal cozi stop playing the victim card.Ive had enough of the bullshit. Stop making assumptions about other peoples beliefs because they have a contrary opinion. NOT ONCE have i mentionec my beliefs which you claim my opinions are based on.....so tell me what are my beliefs?

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  13. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014

14. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Lol at what point did i say homosexuals want bestiality or incest? Quote me. I merely pointed out that its a progression. While you directly equated my beliefs which ironically i never talk about to my stance on homosexuality. Incest is a moot point now, so was homosexuality at one point. So my point stands.
    Tbh gay marriage is academic as homosexuality is legal anyway. Its the concept behind homosexuality that is laughable. Its little more than a sexual preference, same as paedophillia etc the only difference is one is consensual while the other is destructive. Heterosexuality is the only thing that conforms to our physiological function. It is society that dictates that homosexuality is good and cant be changed while paedophillia can be controlled. Ironic isnt it.

15. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    @Don Duckman already posted what I think about the 'not natural' argument.

The most unnatural thing we do on this site is to follow Islam. There is nothing natural about what we do in Islam.

It's not natural to circumcise a child, it's not natural to trim your moustache, it's not natural to trim your beard, it's not natural to cut your hair short, it's not natural to fast between sunset and sunrise, it's not natural to say a prayer before killing an animal, it's not natural to pray 5 times a day, it's not natural to get married, it's not natural to say a prayer in a baby's ear, it's not natural to chop someone's hand off, I mean I could go on forever.

This whole 'natural' argument is flawed and frankly quite ridiculous coming from people who have at least a basic level of secondary education in order to be able to post engagingly on this site.

Religion is a tool with which we fight our nature. If a guy and a girl are attracted to each other then the natural thing to do is for them to get together but religion rules against this happening. Religion is unnatural.

So if we're looking at this in the right context, is homosexuality natural? Yes it probably is, there are many animals who have been observed engaging in homosexual acts. It happens in nature, in many species, so yes if it happens in nature then it is nature.

The question you are all asking (or should be asking) is, is it moral? And morality is a very subjective thing.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  16. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    There is a third sex, have you never heard of a hermaphrodite? They are born all over the world.

17. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Do not get me wrong I do not think it is a mental illness but I have observed a few things that happened to 2 friends of mine. Which made me change my opinions of it.

This is not a lie, one a lad I knew in particular, husky voice, jock, very popular with the girls, had numerous GF during the high school days. When he went to uni he ended up sharing a house with 4 girls. Met him after a long time one day in town and his voice had changed completely, it went from like a heavier tone to a very feminine one with a lisp. Now I thought to myself, how does ones speech suddenly change so dramatically. He ended up dressing camp and eventually came out gay. I genuinely feel sometimes it is the environment you are surrounded by which turns you gay, others may very well be genetically born that way but some definitely turn gay. Just an observation which I always found interesting. Another lad, ended up picking Anatomy as his final year subject whereas the rest of us picked Physiology. He was in a class full of girls, by the end of the year, he was saying OMG in a feminine way and a few girly things every now and then, which I found funny because I said to him man these girls are turning you into one of them, he laughed and said yeah I know dude I find myself saying some very camp things every now and then I cannot explain it and if anybody else can then please do.

I just do not see how one can change so dramatically. I see nothing wrong with them and they are free to do what they want. I have a few gay friends too and I am not going to hate them because they like men, would just make me a insensitive *****

18. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011

You are in a majority Pakistani forum dude, what did you expect. Half of those lads at the cricket club may seem like good banter but trust me when I say this, they have the exact same views as half the people in this thread and Pakpassion. We have been raised in such a closed and strict environment that we often perceive these things to be morally wrong because most people assume right away that Gay=Sodomites. Some grow out of it due to their own realizations but others continue to become even more intolerant of what they view as being different.

Do not let it get to you, I can see where you are coming from, take it from a fellow yes voter. Family gave out to me but they know they cannot change my views about human rights.

19. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    @Mercenary just because someone partakes in something doesn't make it natural. Was ted bundies necrophilia natural simply because he undertook that activity? When you talk about homosexual relationships you are talking about sexual relationships contrary to what the body was designed for (ofcourse we are operating on the assumption that such a sexual relationship exists)
    yes we know homosexuality exists in the animal kindom and homosexuality has existed since time immemorial so what? Al sorts of unusual stuff happens in the animal kingdom from incest to necrophilia and even cross species relationships. Maybe taking our cues of the animal kingdom isnt wise.
    If something was normal simply by virtue of it existing then paedophillia is normal. Im not talking about religion nor have i ever talked about religion on this forum so people need to stop assuming that any stance critical of homosexuality is based on a religious dynamic.
    Why does homosexuality exist? Does it serve a purpose? I dunno. My opinion is my opinion ive not forced it on anyone else unlike a lot of the progay contingents on this forum getting upset that anyone has a contrary opinion.
    Like i said voting yes for gay marriage is of no consequence to me. However when someone tries to dictate the agenda, that's annoying.

20. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Dude why do you keep comparing beastiality, incest and necrophilia to homosexuality?

Beastiality forced abuse of an animal.
    Necrophilia: Abuse of a dead body
    Incest: You just do not romanticize of the same blood

Homosexuality: It is a mutual agreement between those of that orientation, their decision, they are not harming or forcefully doing something. We just have to ignore it if we are not of the same orientation. Your vehement stance against it is your opinion, just like Donal's stance for it is his opinion. It is what really annoyed me here in Ireland. The No votes got abuse even though it is their opinion, voting NO did not make them any less human whereas those who voted yes are probably the same people who would also have voted NO to abortion being legalized and I say this because many yes voters I know were against abortion.

21. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Did you not read what i wrote or do you just like parroting points i already made?
    To clarify,
    I have compared homosexuality to paedophilia in terms of being a sexual preference. I stated time and time again that one is consensual while the other is destructive.
    Necrophilia bestiality etc was to frame the arguments nt in a minute ral context. This is getting really tedious.

22. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Actually there is a comparison between homosexuality and incest. If someone wants to engage in an incestual relationship with a compliant sibling and are not harming anybody, then wouldnt it be hypocritical to be against that and pro gay marriage?

23. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    This is the point I was making earlier in the thread, many heterosexual people turned gay. They weren't born gay.

24. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Apr 26, 2011
    LOL @Donal Cozzie . He took it on heart. Dude this is not Ireland you should understand this point. If Millions voted in favor of Homosexuals then rest be assured that Billions are against this also. Or you only count the Yes vote and "No" vote carries no value in your eyes.

25. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I've never heard of necrophilia taking place in the animal kingdom but incest does. Is incest unnatural? Probably not because if a species is close to extinction then incest will be one of the ways for it to survive.

I'm not making a pro or anti judgement, just pointing out that people are confusing natural with moral. Nature has no morals, animals eat their own babies if it means they avoid starvation.

26. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    never understood why homosexuality evkoes such strong emotions in people, as far as i see, more gay men means more women to choose from for straight guys. ;) dont really care beyond that, either way (excuse the pun, lulz)

27. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    @Mercenary necrophillia does occur in the animal kingdom and quite regularly. I merely disagree with the notion that we should use the animal kingdom to set precedents.
    I agree that nature doesnt abide by any sort of moral compass. It is however ironic that when the pro gay crowd ( not aimed at you) use the animal kingdom as some kind of precedent to suggest that any particular act is 'natural' what they actually want to do is abandon any reasoning and just justify basic carnal desires and excess. Animals also lack conscience and reasoning so what may be acceptable to animals doesnt automatically equate to us.

28. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Not to offend you, @Donal Cozzie, but if you actually came to a majority Muslim forum and actually expected this thread to receive a good reception, you're incredibly naive....

29. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    All I'm saying is that people need to stop using this whole 'natural' defence when they want to define what is natural by their personal moral compass and not by the natural world. Nature is what happens in the natural world, not what human/religious logic dictates should happen in the natural world.

It's natural for a predator to still eat it's prey whilst the prey is alive but it's not moral.

The arguments against homosexuality are moral, social and religious. They are based on human norms and prejudices. Nature has nothing to do with it.

30. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    It's not surprising to see him get frustrated by people having an non-PC opinion and not being abashed about saying it out aloud. He's young and has been brought up with a certain world view being the norm. If he was 10 or 20 years older he might have a very different take on the matter.

What did surprise (and somewhat disappoint) me was that rather than put a logical argument across or agree to disagree he got angry at the fact that people have an opinion that he doesnt agree with. He's missed the basic point of a discussion forum.

31. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    @Mercenary homosexuality is not normal. Homosexual sex for example is contrary to what the body is designed for. The fact that it may not be PC is academic. Morality on that basis alone has nothing to do with it. You are suggesting that its acceptable because it happens while i think that is a deeply flawed premise.

At no point did i make an argument against gay marriage etc. Like ive said countless times that is of no consequence to me.

32. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Homosexuality is not normal, whether it be natural or not.

Normal implies that most people engage in it. It is an abnormality, now whether it is by birth or not, is another matter.

33. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I wasn't taking a pro or anti stance. Certain people were talking about nature, so I pointed out that it's about morals and not nature. In nature a black widow spider eats her mate after they finish procreating or sometimes during the act of copulation. That's natural but it's not a beneficial thing for the male, it's far more damaging than gay sex could ever be.

From a purely physical point of view, we weren't designed to do it that way and I remember reading an article years ago that went into the various physical and health problems that doing it like that can cause. It wasn't pleasant reading, I couldnt finish the article and it applies to both a man/woman and a man/man coupling.

34. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    That's subjective on what is normal for a specific society.

In Greek and Roman societies it was quite common, so for them it was 'normal' by your definition and they were both the most powerful and educated Empires of their time. So by your definition at that time it would have been a normal thing to do.

The word everyone is looking for but not using is 'moral' because that's the main opposition to it. That it's considered morally wrong by most religions if not all.

35. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    @Mercenary, gay people take part in some of the most disturbing stuff. This, I came across when reading up the deep web, highly disturbing posts, which are apparently true, as later police did arrest the first case which happened in UK for racist assault, iirc....

Definitely not something to open, really disturbing content

When you think it's only 2% of the population, you will also be surprised to know nearly 50% of all MALE people convicted of child abuse are gay.... that's a very shocking number.....

It does indicate an abnormality, and for some it goes well beyond just being gay....

36. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I'd forgotten about the black widow spider, some female variants kill their mate either during or before copulation.

37. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    There's also been cases of straight men and women spreading HIV and other diseases to people on purpose. There was a cop in America who spread HIV to women for 7 years. It was all over the news some years ago. It's just bad people who do that, both straight and gay.

Pakistanis are less than 1% of the UK Population but their convictions for paedophilia in the child abuse scandals over the last few years are a much bigger percentage than that.

Are you saying there is something abnormal about Pakistanis? Because going by the logic in your post above, the answer would be yes.

38. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    UK Pakistanis, yes, there is, I would say that

39. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Porn is the top search result for Pakistanis in Pakistan, is there something dangerously perverted about Pakistanis in Pakistan?

40. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    No, there's the more obvious fact that Pakistanis are unlikely to bookmark such sites since they're not as perverted as the West, and the few people who do google it will take it to number 1

Along with the fact that Westerners buy stuff instead of going Online

Or search specific sites......

Since Pakistanis are innocent people, they won't have heard of specific sites, thus anyone actually googling it will add to the stats

If your stats are true for Brit Paks, then yes, they are a perverted people who should be kept in check, probably tap their phones, etc