Irfan predicts a Wolves v Stallions final

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 6, 2010.

Irfan predicts a Wolves v Stallions final

by Abdul Habib
Mar 6, 2010 at 1:33 PM
  1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    misbah-ul-haq-stallions-wolves.png

I've just spoken to Mohammad Irfan and he told me that the Multan Tigers took strength from being labelled as the underdogs, they didn't mind being written off by everyone else because they knew that they had the right work ethic to challenge any team. In the end the Tigers fought till the very last ball and only fell two runs short of pulling off an upset against the much stronger Lahore Lions team.

Irfan said that before the game, when the Tigers were making plans for the Lions batsmen he had been told that it was his job to take care of the left handers. Irfan replied that he was confident about getting Nasir Jamshed's wicket because he always got Nasir early. After the Lions game, Nasir (a good friend of Irfan) came up to Irfan and said "from now on I'm going to tell my coaches that I don't want to play in any games where lambu (the tall guy) is on the other team."

When I asked what the plan had been for Salman Butt, Irfan replied "Everyone knows that Salman loves to drive and since I get extra bounce, Manzoor Elahi told me to tempt him to drive and that Salman would edge the ball behind him. When Salman came in I tried the plan on the first ball and it worked."

Irfan lamented missing out on a hat trick, he'd wanted to take away a slip and put in a short midwicket hoping to get the batsman caught trying to hook/pull a bouncer but the captain wanted to try something else.

Talking about his 4th over Irfan said "Before I bowled Hafeez ran up to discuss a field change and we brought the third man in, in hindsight it was a bad move. Umar Akmal noticed what we'd done and took full advantage by giving himself room and launching into his shots. It's disappointing to get knocked out when you come so close but there will be other opportunities in the future."

Irfan thinks that we will see a Faisalabad Wolves and Sialkot Stallions final with the Stallions taking the cup for a 5th time. He thinks that the teams are well matched but the Stallions have much better death bowlers and the Wolves will struggle to make full use of the last 5 overs.

Habib conducts player interviews and writes articles for Cricistan.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments