Irfan takes 4/45 against Pakistan A

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Jan 18, 2010.

Irfan takes 4/45 against Pakistan A

by Abdul Habib
Jan 18, 2010 at 10:18 PM
  1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    abdur-rauf-mohammad-yousuf.png

I just spoke to Mohammad Irfan who was over the moon about Pakistan's win in the T20 World Cup. He said that Kamran, Misbah and Salman Butt had been to the NCA in Lahore already and met with the players and coaches there.

Irfan also told me that he played in a practise game between Pakistan Academy and Pakistan A which took place last week. It was a 50 over game with 11 players per side and Irfan played for the Pakistan Academy side.

The Pakistan Academy side had players like Nasir Jamshed, Umar Akmal, Mohammad Yousuf, Mohammad Asif and Abdur Rauf. The academy team batted first and put up over 350 runs with 80+ from Nasir Jamshed, 50-odd from MoYo and a useful 20-30 contribution from Umar Akmal.

Asif and Rauf opened the bowling for the first 8 overs and then Irfan took over from Asif after Asif had bowled his 4th over. Irfan bowled 8 overs for 45 runs and took 4 wickets, it should've been 5 but an easy catch was dropped.

He had Hafeez and Fahad Iqbal caught at slip whilst Sarfaraz Ahmed was caught in the field. Abdul Rehman was undone by a vicious bouncer which he skied to a fielder. Asif advised Irfan to bowl naturally and to make the batsmen drive because with his bounce the batsmen would get themselves out. Asif and Rauf also took a wicket apiece and Pakistan A were all out for around 150.

Irfan mentioned that he's been getting interest from first class teams like Sui Gas, National Bank and State Bank but he's advised them to talk to Aaqib Javed who is handling Irfan's development.

Irfan asked me to pass on his congratulations to all Pakistan fans on the win in the final and he hopes you all enjoyed it as much as he did!!

Last edited: May 31, 2015
Habib conducts player interviews and writes articles for Cricistan.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments