Is England the most exciting team in this WC??

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Rizzy, Mar 18, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    So far England have made all their games very close, they have lost to 2 minnows and beat one of the favourites. Are these guys the new exciting team to watch? Player wise, I dont think they have too many individual exciting players but by making there games so close it keeps you on the edge of your seat and they have played some close nail biters so far.

They have been unpredictable yet able to hold their nerves under pressure in games where it looked like they were done and dusted.

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I don't know if you can class getting smashed by minnows as exciting, however close the games were.

Although I did love it when Swann said "Everyone thought we were out but we keep coming back, just like Pakistan in 1992. Maybe we'll go on to win it as well."

3. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    Definitely, all of their games have been thrillers if you think about it.

Against Netherlands they almost lost.
    The India game was a tie.
    They were in a comfortable position against Ireland and still lost.
    Against SA they were about to lose and came back.
    Against Bangladesh they could have won.
    Against WI they were in a losing position and still did well.

4. Aditya Khanna

Aditya Khanna Youngsta Beauty

Mar 4, 2010
    Inconsistency is not to be confused with exciting. Pakistan fans have been drinking this kool-aid for a long time.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Actually inconsistency is by definition exciting. It's consistency which becomes boring.

Take Australia for instance, they were so dominant throughout the noughties that some of my Aus friends would hope that they lost a couple of games to make the series come alive. That's why Aus fans started getting more excited about playing India in India or even Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka during that period because there was a chance of inconsistency. There was a chance they would lose.

At the other end of the scale Pakistan fans have enjoyed the rollercoaster ride of Pakistan cricket because you never know which Pakistan team will turn up. One day we would lose to Ireland and Zimbabwe the next day we would crush South Africa or Australia. It's only over the last 5 years when Pakistan has consistently been losing that Pakistan fans have started to get seriously fed up.

Consistentcy whether it's in winning or losing is dull because you know what's going to happen. The thrill of sport, the excitement, the anticipation comes from not knowing what will happen.

6. Aditya Khanna

Aditya Khanna Youngsta Beauty

Mar 4, 2010
    You misunderstood the import of my remark.

The Aussie team with Warne bowling with exceptional fielders surrounding the bat was never boring to me. I am talking about exciting cricket played on the ground, not the result. Pakistan surrendering to Associates team by definition means they played a level of cricket that'll have me asking for a ticket refund.

7. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    Yh thats exactly what I meant. :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

8. attidude.asif

attidude.asif Emerging Player

Mar 8, 2010
    This Inconsistency of England suggest to me is that they have struggled the most hence all the games have got the best out of them.

They have ended up with more ideas and also they have gone so close to loosing everytym that it has taken the fear out of them of loosing.....
    They are more dangerous because expectation are on a very low with them now.