Is that ball not touching the ground (Video added - post # 10)?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Dec 28, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    DvfdiejXcAAmLCb.jpg

I might be ordering a new pair of eyes but with my current one I can see about 20% of that red thing in clear contact with the green surface unless Azhar Ali has this...

[​IMG]

2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Yeah it looks dodgy and in normal circumstances benefit of doubt goes to batsman but the issue here is that the soft signal was out. Third umpire needs conclusive evidences to overturn the onfield decision and this is why all these complains by Pak supporters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    It was out. The fingers are under the ball and once the finger are under and the ball is in control of the catcher it is given OUT.

4. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Looks out to me.

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Was out, Aik yeh umpire bohat jaan tapay hai.

6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Haven’t seen the video but the fingers look to be under the ball there.

7. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    There is big difference between bouncing or touching the ground.
    If it bounce b4 getting caught then we all know its not out but touching the ground is a touchy issue.
    As per my understanding the rule were relaxed in this regards to allow players more space to support their fall while catching,I may be wrong but mostly i believe that rule were changed.

Sent from my SM-G611F using Tapatalk

8. Patriot

Patriot Boom Boom

Oct 8, 2014
    @Munna bhai time to visit specsavers

9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Youngsta Beauty

Apr 16, 2010
    Ball touching the grass blades is NOT an automatic not-out.

If your fingers (dipped in the grass) are under the ball, and the ball lands on your fingers, even though it might have touched the grass blades BEFORE it hits your fingers, you are still out. That's fair play.

10. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
  11. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    By this video it looks not out, because ball touched the ground.

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    But....... his fingers were never under the ball in this case. He grabbed and gripped the ball from it's sides and quite clearly transferred his weight on to the ball while he was rolling over and that ball did pushed against the ground in the process.

You're mentioning grass blades as if he was fielding in a khet in Punjab and not on a finely trimmed cricket ground.

No finger under the ball - Right hand index and middle finger are visible in this frame. Not possible for the ring finger to be under there as well because he had taped it with the middle finger.
    Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 11.18.00 AM.png

Again you can clearly see that right hand middle finger with taping on. Definitely on the side and not covering the bottom part of the ball. And the bechaari ball is being groped clearly by the surface.
    Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 11.15.45 AM.png

Now this is towards the end of the process when he was raising his arms away from the ground. Again, only his middle finger is helping him to hold that ball and its clearly from the side and not from under the ball.
    Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 11.13.31 AM.png

The ball did touch the ground clearly and under no cricket law, old or new, should be given out.

13. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    And pls, someone tell ICC to stop this soft signal bakwas... it doesn't even make any sense

14. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Hanji... what about today?

DwDtPC1X0AAOKMb.jpg-large.jpeg

15. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Soft signal again was out.... I can't understand why this soft signal rule is there. When you are going to use technology for making a decision, then there should be no influence from an on-field opinion of the umpires.

Secondly, ICC gotta make it clear... if the ball is in control of the fielder but still touching the ground/grass/surface then should it be given out or not. Until last decade, I'm sure it used to be quite clear to everyone that the ball can't be in any contact of the ground.

16. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    It's something like this (check the below video where the ball clearly touches the ground after the catch). So is this out?

17. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    First one was OUT this one was doubtful.

18. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    both not out.

the soft signal needs to go.