Is there a chance of spot-fixing in WC-2019?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Not naming any country or player but wondering, what are the odds if player(s) will try to do it at the biggest stage of cricket.

Also, can it be identified that 'ABC' player has done it in Game number XXX?

What can be done to prevent it from happening?

Last but not the least, God forbid if Pakistani player(s) found guilty of doing it, then what action PCB and IK will take?

2. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    In order.

For the country that "shall not be named", its ALWAYS a possibility because it's people are just too damn greedy.

It's a toss up. No one can DEDUCT anything for sure. You will need ACTUAL proof like the 2010 scandal.

Not much i am afraid. As Indian bookies are heavily involved in this.

Pakistan never did anything stronger before, why would they do it now?

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

3. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Are our people greedy or is it just upsetting that they earn so little compared to their peers?

4. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    It has VERY LITTLE to do with that.
    For example, our politicians are corrupt because they ARE greedy not because they are starving or anything....

And our greed is not just limited to money, our jealousy of others plays an even bigger part in it.

Not to mention, our inability to admit any mistakes we might commit or any deficiencies we might have. Hence, no evolution in our views or actions.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk