Is there any hope for Pakistani Society ?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Passionate Pakistani, Sep 1, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    after spending over 10 months here, i realised that this society has completely lost the plot.
    Financially, Morally, Ethically it is corrupted to the highest level.

Lies, Hypocrisy, Greed, Fake Ego are the basic norms of this society.

There is no concept of relatives or even blood relations.. almost every relation is based on some kind of benefit.

Corruption and Nepotism still at all time high in almost every institute.

Gender bias, treating daughters as some inferior creature is still very common in 2020.

Women are considered as a maid, sex-machine and child production machine even by educated people.

Morally the society is at all time low, Raping young boys and girls happen on daily basis.

I dont know if there is any hope for this society ? what do you think guys ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I thought you went back to fix the system, what happened?

3. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i will leave that for AP

4. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    well you lasted ten months, pat yourself on the back!

5. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    First of all a Muslim should never be hopeless. This is a sin.

Secondly, you are 100% spot on. Morally Pakistan is at it's all time lowest point. As far as I can access the main reason for this is greed. The Greed of money to acquire the not so essential luxuries of life. In this race of greed the Nation had lost all it's past values of strong family bonds, etiquette, feeling pain of others, differentiating between haram & halal and most of all fear of Allah. Everyone is running madly in this race whether poor or rich, young or old. But we can't be hopeless. We can only hope that things will change for the better in future.

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Genuine question for the slightly older posters who grew up in Pakistan, how was it when you were a child/growing up?

7. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Banned

Apr 16, 2010

lol haha
    Wait till @Patriot visits this thread and labels you as liar, lunatic and a self hater.

In my opinion, when the incident of Sialkot happened when the crowd killed those two boys, it was nail in the coffin, and a 100% affirmation of my belief that a very huge majority of modern day Pakistani nation does NOT deserve to have it's own independent country where they could be allowed to enjoy freedom. I swear to God, it's for their own benefit.

Freedom is just like a loaded gun. If you don't know how to use it, you will hurt yourself and you will hurt others.

There are two main reasons for our total chaos.

First, after the partition, Pakistan got unlucky because it didn't have a chance to have a fatherly figure as the nation's head who could've put this nation on a certain path. Indians got lucky that they had someone to steer them for good 17 years.

After Quaid's death, this nation was literally brought up as a "lawaaris" Child. An orphan.

Everyone who came to power, basically looted.

We were never able to build a national level belief (Qomi soch) where every Pakistani should have at least ONE firm belief in common, and that is, "my country first".

So this nation became a lost herd of sheep who has no idea of it's destiny.
    That's one problem.

Second.
    In the last few decades, the kind of Islam that has been taught to us is a total debauchery of the holy message.
    There are a few trademark tones of the many Jahil Mullas if you notice.

First, there is a great focus on sticks but no concept of carrots.
    It's all about Jahannum, Jahannum and Fire and Jahannum. The idea is to scare people first.

No teaching of HOPE, which is one of the greatest messages of Islam. "Try to do good, try to avoid from doing bad, and have good hope".

So, once the mind is locked into the scare of "Jahannum", the solution that is provided to fix it is, "A total focus on ibadaadats".
    Pray salah, do lots of naffal, do this wazeefa, that taweez, and then short cuts; recite that surah three times and it's equal to the benefit of reading the entire Quran. Read surah Qahf in Fridays, recite 100 times this, read 100 times that , and palaces will be built for you in heaven. And each will have 100's of hoors.
    Notice there is no focus on actually understand the MEANING of versus and impleting into your practical life. It's all about sawaab of READING (without knowing the meaning).

There is ABSOLUTELY no focus one of the most important demands of Islam. "Living the life of honesty".

Many of these paid Mullahs won't tell you that praying salah is an absolute MUST for a Muslim BUT it's just the foundation.
    You MUST building a building on top of this foundation - and that building is, "Living the life honesty" where you stand with justice. You should be patient, you should be forgiving, and you should be generous. (All traits of our great prophet (saw)). No one will teach you this.

So what happens?
    On Jumma prayers, you will notice an ocean of people flocking towards the masjids. In them, there are haram khores, rishwat khores, bacha baaz, women beaters, thieves, looters and those who do injustice to others, ALL flock towards masjid BECAUSE, the Mullah has drilled it into their brains that praying two Jumma salahs with congregation will delete ALL their sins of the week.
    Go to Umrah and Hajj and ALL your sins will be forgiven. This is what our Islam is all about.

A funny fact is, Pakistan ranks #2 in people attending Hajj every year. But we also stand at 120 on this list of honesty.

So what's the solution?
    In my opinion, and many won't like it, this MUNAFIQ majority qome must be ruled over by someone from outside. And the best option at hands is China.
    We should simply ask the Chinese that CPIC is not enough. Come take over the entire country, and run it as you run the mainland China.
    When a nice and long shaft is given to these Munafiqs, chances are, they will start living with better social norms. Again, which is good only and only for their own benefit.

8. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Yeah it is at an all time low. You were used to the England lifestyle so Hence finding it difficult to adjust back to living in Pakistan.

It’s very difficult to live there once you live overseas.

9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Yep, and the problem is, people who live there can't see or just get used to many of these ills of the society. It becomes just norm of the day.
    However, when we go back visit, we find these issues very disturbing and frustrating. But if you tell the locals about these issues, they will come after you to eat you alive. They are just not ready to change. You know, Kunvayn ka maindak - cant see the issue, doesn't wanna fix it.

I remember a Facebook post a few years ago, where a fake and jaali pir (that Upqari guy) had posted that "Recite Surah Kosar on your electricity meter, and then use as much electricity as you want, and your monthly bill won't increase".

Now the problem is not that this is an insult to Quranic versus but shockingly enough, that post received 60K likes.
    This is how we deal with Quran and it's message.

10. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    i tell you something, Pakistanis will consider you a very clever and intelligent person if you lie, know how to decieve, being hypocrite, do gender discrimination while you be considered a fool if you are staright forward and not indulged in dodgy ways of doing things.

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    and i fully agree that munafiqat (hypocrisy) is in blood of Pakistanis.. i see it at daily basis in my surrounding, in my relatives and even in my house but what can i do about it ? cant go on fighting with everyone.

it pisses me off so much seeing people having multiple faces.

another thing in Pakistan, people are way too much status conscious, they will do things they dont need to do but just for show off.

12. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Yeah the status conscious aspect especially is rife and totally unislamic - thinking you are superior to the middle/lower class. Pride, arrogance and superiority.

Such things are miles away from the essence of Islam.

13. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015

So when I was raising a voice here for gender equality in Pakistan especially in sports, I was attacked by many well known posters right, left and center, in fact everyone who has contributed in this thread excluding @Mohsin ganged up against me, so why is the change here? May be living and experiencing life with your loving wife made you see things you could not see before?

This status consciousness and show-off thing is even more prevalent among British Pakistanis, especially in places like Bradford, Manchester, Rochdale etc where people have no money to fix their rotten teeth or get a decent education but spend lavishly on posh cars and designer clothes as apparently 'this is the only survive in those areas'.

14. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Dude, you already look dangerous and intimidating like a Gorilla, why would I gang up on you? And even if I did, it must have been a mistake as I may have seen your older photos without a beard.

15. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Yup. Everything you just said here is true to the core. Absolutely hate it.

16. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010

And kids who act mean and disrespectful to elders for no reason, are considered "high on confidence."

17. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    True. lol

sometimes i feel if there is anything even right in this society ?

18. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    There are perhaps 0.00005% good people left.
    Many idiots in Pakistan put such good people on the forefront to pose as if this is our true representation and this is our true picture.

But fact of the matter is, this rotten to the core society has turned our lovely country into a “chorron ka adda”.

The amount of money they spent on buying Pakistani flags to celebrate 14th August, and then trash the flags in the streets to walk on them the next day, gives you an indication of amount of the munfiqat and jahaalut.

The county doesn’t have enough gas, electricity, petrol; filth everywhere, the entire country looks like a huge pile of trash, severe lack of healthcare, chaotic traffic, rampant corruption, forced child labor, pedeophilia, women abuse,, absolutely shambolic school system, sky rocketing inflation, half of the country’s produce is smuggled into that hell hole Afghanistan, and in return, heroin and other drugs are brought into the country, Charsi, and heroinchy everywhere - streets full of beggars, where lying, cheating, deceiving and doing injustice to others, are just a norm of the day in every walk of life - a supposedly ISLAMIC country where it’s almost impossible to earn halal money n be able to support your family.

And then these dim wits will thump their chests for being “Proud Pakistanis”.

As they say, G*nd mein dum nahi, hum kisi sey kum nahi.

19. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    It was such a contrast to the current times.

Imagine in current times a British walking freely in the streets of Peshawar?

Our School Principal a British Thomas David Fletcher used to ride bicycle to roam around in Peshawar Saddar and that too wearing Shalwaar Kameez. Not only that all our teaching staff were British except a couple of Pakistanis and they would travel freely on weekends to Torkham Border, Michni post to spend a day out.

There was so much peace and people would actually care for one another. They would give and not expect anything in return. The family bonds were very strong. The young would respect the elders and the elders would be gentle towards the young.

But to be honest not only in Pakistan but all around the World the level of morality had fallen. The past is always better than the future. The coming times will be worst than now.

20. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    I dont think it was much better, i believe the technology, specially the social media have just exposed us and that has made all the bad things as 'usual'.
    But i dont think it is just a pakistani problem, it is a global problem

this is absolutely true. it is considered mandatory to be considered a 'grown up'.
    add backbiting and discrimination of just about anything.

21. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    The greatest gift you can give to society is education, education and education.

If the state can't give you a basic education this is what happens, murder, looting, sexual violence, domestic abuse, drug abuse

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    awareness because of education is extremely exaggerated. I have seen many educated people behaving like ignorant illetrate fools whereas i have seen few without even basic educations but still well-mannered.

23. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Theoretically correct BUT
    This is the biggest misconception and misunderstanding IF you look into the REAL problem in Pakistan.

And pay attention to what I am gonna say here.

There is a BENEFIT of education.
    And there is a PURPOSE of education.

In Pakistan, we educate our kids only and only for the BENEFITS of education. And some of these benefits are, you may get a good job, you may get a good rishta, you may get some respect in the society etc.

And what is the PURPOSE of education?
    THATS OUR BIGGEST OF THE BIGGEST ISSUE - because

** NO ONE KNOWS THE ANSWER.**

And even if they do, they don’t care.

The purpose of education is only and only one: And that’s is, you live the life of honesty (diyaanut daari ki zindagi).

As an educated person you should be able to identify the right path from the wrong, and then you MUST choose to take the right path. THIS IS THE PURPOSE OF EDUCATION.

If you do that, you are truly educated. If you don’t, then laanut on your degree.

If a poor street vendor selling vegetables on a side walk, weighs his merchandise correctly than he is better than an PHD or CSS pass grade 22 person who is a bribe taker.

And since no one knows the “purpose” of education in our country, and everyone is only after the “benefit” of education. what happens?
    THE MORE PEOPLE WE EDUCATE -THE MORE CORRUPT PROPLE WE PRODUCE!

Our educated class in govt offices, in police and in every walk of life is more corrupt than the simple and uneducated people in villages.

I saw cartoon pic a few years ago where they showed a school building.
    From one door, their was a line of kids entering in, and from the other door, a line of donkeys was coming out.

To me, this was a classic example of Pakistani education system.

24. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    summed up the problem brilliantly.

25. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Although (to a degree), I understand what you say, this is such a generalisation of British Pakistani's, if you don't mind me asking, how much experience have you had with British Pakistani's in these area's? Posh cars? Do you know what trade most of them are in? How can you with confidence even say they are Pakistani's, when there is a high degree of Afghan's, Indian's in these area's alone? Do you even know the socio-economic conditions of these area's? Do you know anything about the areas these heads are from in Pakistan? Do you have a clue about the mindset they had to contend with? The government's deliberate act of keeping these area's deprived to spend only in it's precious London? Do you know how many area's were targeted especially where BAME communities live during the austerity period for the last 10+ years?

Not having a go at you, but this generalisation happens all the damn time and it gets very tiring.

26. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    No, I do not have much interaction of people up North.

Only that I worked as a free-lance GP in hundreds of surgeries in the North West and West Yorkshire for around 7 years seeing and getting to know thousands of people from different sections of society, having a unique and a very privileged in-depth and very personal knowledge of people's lives, demographics, socioeconomic profiles, cultural, psychological and social factors, expectation from their lives, careers and society, general outlook on life and how to live it etc etc, as you might be interested to know general practice is only 20% medicine, and 80% 'patients as a whole' within their unique cultural and socioeconomic context.

But may be i don't have any idea as i am an outsider, a Londoner, so who am I to have an opinion? Also, in case if its any consolation to you, folks living south of the M25 (including myself) are also equally crap, but in other ways. Sorry to have caused an offence, apologies!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  27. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Yeah - Difference in class and mentality/lifestyle from the folk living in those areas. A lot of drugs problems, criminal activity, looking for a quick cash injection and generally involved with illegal activities.