Is Zafar Gohar the most crucial selection for SL series ?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ahson8, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    I think so. He's been ignored for too long.

A proper spinner, probably the biggest turner of the ball in the country, and taking wickets for fun on placid tracks this season. He's also younger than Kashif Bhatti & Nauman Ali, so makes sense to select him as a long-term investment.

Also averaging 28 with the bat, so will strengthen the tail. I think his selection (or nonselection) could determine the fate of this series.

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    He seems like another case of players like Fawad, who has no connection within PCB to get him selected.

He shouldve been selected long time ago, but Pakistan has been blindly investing into Yasir, who is utter liability outside of Asia. He could be very handy to bowl with Yasir even in Asian conditions but beyond everybody who is has been ignored consistently. When Mohammad Asghar can play Test and why not a spinner who can actually spin the ball?

Not to mention, the guy can bat too, which is great for our already fragile batting line up.

That said, I am very minimum almost no hope that Misbah will select him. He must be waiting for him to cross 34.

3. Mo Iqbal

Mo Iqbal Youngsta Beauty

Dec 27, 2013
    Gohar is the best SLA spinner in the country. Only problem is if Yasir plays then we will need a off spinner to turn the ball into the right handers like Sajid Khan or any other offie available.

Playing Gohar & Yasir in the same team isn't ideal but not the end of the world.

Kashif Bhatti is a darter so is a no go.

We also need either Mushy or Saqlain back to coach our spinners.

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    https://www.natcour.com/sport/2019/...stan-squad-as-spin-bowling-consultant-report/