It boggles my mind as to why Thisara Perera would refuse to tour: Ramiz

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan former cricketer Ramiz Raja has lashed out at Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) and the 10 cricketers who pulled out of the Pakistan tour for the upcoming limited-overs series.

“The threat level regarding the security in Pakistan is similar to what it is in Sri Lanka or for that matter in New Zealand,” said Raja. “It boggles my mind as to why Thisara Perera, who has been to Pakistan recently with the World XI side and have experienced the full-proof security provided to the players, would refuse to tour.”

“However I understand that every individual will see the threat from different perspective, especially those who were part of the side when the 2009 Lahore attacks happened and don’t want to put themselves in a similar situation,” he added.

The former cricketer also questioned the method with which the SLC handled the entire situation.

“The communication gap between Sri Lanka Cricket and their players was pretty evident,” he said. “SLC approved the tour after reviewing Pakistan’s security plan, without realising that their players could put them in an embarrassing situation. They should have addressed their player’s concerns first and then announced the tour.”

Pakistan commentator believes that Sri Lanka should have reciprocated Pakistan’s gesture of helping them at various occasions.

“Pakistan have always helped Sri Lanka in difficult times, whether it be during the 1996 World Cup or recently when PCB sent their Under-19 team after Colombo bomb blasts,” he said. “It is important for countries in the Asian Bloc to support each other as our cricket fraternity is quite small.”

The 57-year-old also criticized the Sri Lanka players for trying to evade the tour in order to play franchise cricket.

“It was disappointing to see some players trying to obtain NOCs for foreign leagues, which puts their intentions in doubt regarding whether they are interested in representing their nation or earning more money for less work,” he said.

Raja also urged the Pakistan fans to turn up for the series and come to watch their team play in the stadium.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/raja-slams-slc-players-over-tour-pullout

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Ramiz has raised some valid points.

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Because this time pcb is not paying anything extra. For worldXI, they paid ridiculous money which was very wrong.

I think we should just stop this nonsense of giving extra money and inviting A Teams.. might as well play in UAE. Big Teams wont tour Pakistan and this extra money can be used in domestic

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    May be after that world 11 tour, Perera realised he didnot want to put himself into that kind of situation again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    Hello old friend

6. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Hello s2k how are you and how is your job family

7. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    I am ok bhai.

How are you? Back to Pakistan?

8. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Im good. Hopefully end of this month or by mid oct at the very most

9. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    Can you report to the Sri-Lanka team of the threat level? You seem like a qualified individual. Make sure not to reveal your username or else they will figure it out.

10. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
    OR

Maybe Perera realised he is not getting paid ridiculous money and has to represent his country for normal fee?

11. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Sri Lankan team has every right to chicken out.

Rameez should stick to commentary only.

12. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Not really. Maybe Perera’s perception changed. Being surrounded by security would make one nervous.