James Anderson - 600 Wickets

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Fireworks11, Aug 25, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    A staggering achievement by James Anderson. 600 Test wickets is a phenomenal achievement. The first fast bowler to achieve this feat. Simply outstanding.

When he’s on song - There’s no one better at swinging the ball both ways the way he does. He has gotten better with age and has tremendous fitness for a fast bowler.

What a legend.

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
  3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Some great stats there. Don’t think we will ever see another fast bowler get to 600 - maybe Stuart Broad it he stays fit.

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Brilliant bowler. But. Home bully tbh

Not in the same league as lMcGrath & Akram

[​IMG]

5. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Akram

[​IMG]

6. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Avg of 26 says alot his performance

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

7. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    cant figure out which number is wickets lol

8. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Banned

Apr 16, 2010
  9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    An Avg of 26 is by no means bad lol.

It's just Anderson's longevity which has been amazing. I don't think many fast bowlers think they'd last 75/80 Test let alone nearly 160. And bowling longevity is far greater than batting longevity because with batting there are less injury problems and if you do get one it will be minor that will recover. Also Anderson has gotten better and better with time.

10. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Anderson's longevity is due to ECB.

He was handled with care and made to play very very little FC game, so that he can bowl more for England than his county.

With AVG of 26 he is basically out of league of great seam bowler.

Murali has 800 weight but he is considered as the great spin bowler similarly Anderson's legacy will number of wicket not the quality of it.

11. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    You do not seem to understand. Which fast bowlers bowl considerable amounts in First class after playing for their national team? Which one? You tell me.

This is just a silly thing you have said. BTW Anderson does play FC as well when hes not with England. So I don't actually know what you are talking about. You have no idea do you?

12. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Anderson play 253 FC game out that 156 were for England that is around 60%.

Angus Fraser play 290 FC game and out of that only 42 for England.

Harmison play 211 FC game and out of that only 63 for England.

Similar to Anderson is Stuart Broad play 228 FC game and out of that 148 for England.

This what I am talking about that current English bowlers are better manage by ECB. Hence they have ability to play for 18 years and get 600 wicket.

Those have not accounted for big series winnings barring one or two.

Remember England had beaten Pakistan in a series after 10 long years, those years had Anderson playing for England.

Just for fun Waqar played 228 FC game and out of that only 87 for Pakistan.

Hope you understand

13. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Listen genius.

English Test summer is extremely long. And therefore when you are with the England team you cannot play much FC cricket. Maybe a few in early season then it's playing for England.

You point out Harmison and Angus. These guys were with England for a short period hence why they played more FC.

With Waqar Younis I think he played lots of county for Surrey like Wasim and there was a window for Pakistan players to play County cricket. Even Wasim mentioned this recently whilst talking about his Lancashire days.

Think about it carefully. England start playing Tests in Late May and they finish in Late August. This is because of Coronavirus the summer has been shorter.

14. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Wanna say listen fool but that won't be being sarcastic.

Point was that Anderson career was prolonged by ECB by not allowing him to play more FC.

15. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Just stop okay. ECB stopped him? Like I've said England play Tests In England and play more Tests than any other team. during the summer the county championship occurs that's why most players that play for England regularly play less. They play 3 games before the start and 1 or 2 in the middle at max. That's 5 or 6 games. Now if we look like you have said Anderson has player 100 games it seems correct because 6 × 18 = 108. 18 being the years that Anderson has played for England. So please stop. Have a look at guys like Cook and Root to get a better idea. Also 100 FC games is quite considerable. You seem bent on one point. I'm not saying Anderson is a great bolwer in the league of guys who average <25 it's mainly his longevity which has made him great and getting better and better with each passing year. He's still bowling 137 kph and looking fit.

16. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Read his contract term and than stop being your self.

17. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Average of 26 is still very good considering the amount of games he’s played.

Most fast bowlers are done by mid 30s age.

18. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    AVG of 26 is good but its not legendary that all I want to say.

Yes 600 wickets, playing at 37 yrs of age and still bowling around 80+ is great in numbers only.