Jamshed has to go also

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Big Daddy, Nov 1, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    Nasir Jamshed Ghainda, has to go. Cant buy a run for his life, is far at as hell, is a piss poor fielder. Also is no brain spark, openly ridiculed coaching staff and captain on a flight with reporter recently that they had asked him to take the shine off the ball. And is also a characterless person. He was once caught cheating on matric exams or whatever those things are and landed in jail for it. Must be chugged out, dont know why we cant do babur azam. who is hafeez mould except 10 times better.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  2. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    I just posted this:

When he first came to the side there was a feeling that he was a slogger and a leg-side hack. I tell yer wot I'd prefer a leg-side slogger to the totally defensive subdued plodder who gets out having barely scored a run within the first 5 overs nowadays

3. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Sharjeel Khan has a beastly domestic record.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  4. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Ghainda lool. Challo atleast you targetted a non-Karachi player.

5. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    dont see the need to bring his activities outside of cricket/from the past into this but agree he has looked horrible for some time now and wouldnt argue if he is dropped. He's not even a flat track bully any more

6. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Ya he's had too many chances to prove himself, perhaps play him in the 3rd test for a last chance then drop him after that if he plays the same game.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  7. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 18, 2012
    Do you ever post anything positive or is it always "This ghainda, that slogger, that sob commentator" with you?

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 13
    • List
  8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    True. You can always criticise his batting without calling him names.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 7
    • List
  9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    he should be dropped.

• List
  10. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    What's his record been like since the Indian series? I doubt he'd averaging more than 20.

11. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    And his weight and cheating on an exam are irrelevant.

• List
  12. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    This!
    I'm sure everyone on this forum's cheated at least once in their life, including the OP

• List
  13. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    I never cheated in any exam.. never cheated on any girl either :shrug

• List
  14. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011

Avg 22, S/R is 57

15. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Needs to see a psychologist and no thats not an insult. Worked a bit with an ex sports psychologist who came into our company and these guys are super effective.

• List
  16. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    how about we drop the whole team and shut down pCB, no matter how amazing player you get out from domestic circle to intl squad after a while they will suck cause its not their faults IT THEIR BLOODY SKIPPER WHO HAS RUINED THEIR MENTLE .. made the whole freakin mental players ... just look at today's match and their body language. as if they were playing just to score to stay in the team .. phattoo salay ..******** SALA MISBAH .. I am starting to hate this team, no class, no attitude. 3 years misbah's been skipper but he has turned our players into chickens and that ******** whatmore .. he needs to be dropped , we lost horribly on CT and the reaction was that there is nothing to panic, than we lost to zimbabwe and than again it was like shit happens , relax pakis ... THIS IS A BAYGHERATH TEAM !!

17. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    our players are mentally weak or do not trust themselves so a sports psychologist would be a good route to take

only problem is knowing some of our paindoo players they will probably go to the psychologist and come out thinking they are possessed by jinn bhoot and then make a trip to Muhammed Asif's peer for some 'herbal' remedy

18. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Whats with all the bad language nowadays? It should be clamped down on.

• List
  19. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Look at Nasir's domestic avg. Its medicore. He is just a FTB and India basher it seems, heck not even a FTB anymore.

20. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    One should be with the team at all times imo.

21. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011

Ah the magic skipper.

How about some of them were never that good to begin with and were overhyped by the fans

22. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    He was a fearless batsmen, dont knot that happened and now he's just lost the plot. Needs to go to the domestic circuit and get his gameplay and head in place.
    Sharjeel Khan--his turn now.

23. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

We all thought he would cement his place for years and be a solution to our opening problems, but I guess that was only a false dawn.

• List
  24. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Players go through a bad patch and should be persisted with. Pakistans problem is that we have too many players failing at the same time so there is no hiding place. What message does it send to the next set of openers after we discard Nasir? You think they will play their natural game or will come out frightened?

What the cricketing establishment needs to do is seriously consider the future of these players. Do they really think that they have the potential to succeed? If they genuinely think they can be successful then stick with them even if they fail 20 times.

When I invest in a company I look at the fundamentals, if the fundamentals are good and the share price drops I don't jump ship at a loss. I stay in knowing that eventually the tide will turn and I will be rewarded.

We need to do the same with these players if the coaches etc truly believe they are good enough. From what I have seen of Nasir, Umar Akmal and Asad Shafiq I am sure they are.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  25. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I understand and agree with you DeadlyVenom , but for how long can you persist with Nasir? Another series? A couple of other series? When there are other openers in the domestic circuit waiting for their chance?

26. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    A LONG run. Remember that he has extra pressure given the rest of the team is pathetic too.

We aren't world beaters. We are a mediocre side with mediocre players. This fantasy of openers in domestic is just that - a fantasy.

Give him confidence. Tell him to play his natural game and that he won't be dropped. Give him coaching and mental training. Bring in Miandad etc for a word.

Better to invest in talent ( however limited) than to keep the merry go round spinning.

• List
  27. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Look how long Rohit Sharma was given. They knew about his talent so persisted with him. He was lucky that he had a monster batting line up so his failures were disguised slightly but he eventually lived upto his promise.

Nasir needs the same opportunity.

28. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    All these matches are from May 1, 2013 where Jamshed has played 15 consecutive ODI's in CT, WI, and Zimbabwe. This second ODI today has not been counted. I think that a sample of 16 ODI's is enough for you to be dropped. He averages 23.73 and his SR is 57.05. He only has 2 fifties in 16 innings now and those weren't pretty either.

Capture3.JPG

Deserves the drop

29. FTB

FTB Emerging Player

Dec 16, 2012
    Ghainda? What is this, kindergarten? Jamshed is out of form and needs a rest but there is really no need for name calling imo.

30. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011

If you are going to judge on the base of quantity of matches than Hafeez should be dropped, he has played 126 matches and averages 24 , now dont tell me he is a wicket taker. If thats the case than they should opt for a full time bowler instead of wasting a pivotal spot of an opener or one down. He is going through rough patch, he needs to be motivated and given more chances.

31. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Man, your a critic.

32. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    I wouldn't complain if Jamshed were dropped but he has performed at times in the past so I'd prefer if we gave him the remainder of the series. If he fails then by all means kick Jamshed back to the FC circuit.

Umer Amin also has to step it up. He had a pretty good summer but nothing particularly notable

33. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Maqsood and Shafiq needs to come if want to put a decent score in next games. Amla and Steyn will be playing the remaining games, and with current batting, I have no high hopes.

34. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    You guys make it sound as if FC is the right away to comeback ... there are many talented and deserving candidates who are in que to join the pak national team even though they have exceptionally performed well on FC ... fawad alam, Harris Sohail to name a few.

35. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    The poor patch doesn't seem to be ending for him.

• List
  36. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 18, 2012
    So are you suggesting that we shouldn't let them work on their game in the first class system? :thinking

I'm afraid, we can't just keep carrying passengers in the team because you think that working on their game in First Class will not be adequate.

Yes, those deserving selection should be selected, but those who have not performed should also be sent back to start working on their faults.

37. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    There is no poor patch. He was always a poor batsman, just on a purple patch. His List A average says it all, and now he is being exposed to what he actually is.

38. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Nasir Jamshed in 2013

ODIs
    Matches: 21
    Runs: 542
    Batting Average: 25.8

T20s
    Matches: 6
    Runs: 81
    Batting Average: 13.50

39. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    We must persist with him.

40. YK2010

YK2010 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 18, 2010
    Still feel he should be given the next T20 and the three ODIS, if he fails there too than replace him.