Jamshed has to go also

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Big Daddy, Nov 1, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Lacking in confidence hugely.

2. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    It's become quite old to see Jamshed play out the first over as a maiden and depart some 10 minutes later for single figures (not in reference to today, but has been common recently)

I actually preferred the 2008 "laparoo" Jamshed

3. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    I remember I read in a Jamshed Interview (Perhaps at PP) in which he mentioned he is trying to change the way he bats.
    :facepalm

4. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    25 ODI's this year.

Aur kitna persist karna hai?

5. Top Spinner01

Top Spinner01 Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
    No footwork--will struggle (mostly if out of form),same for shehzad..

6. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010
    You can tell when he is out in the middle, the guys confidence is absolutely shattered! The dropping and bring him back and dropping again hasn't helped his confidence one bit!

We have invested in him, needs to be persisted with..what is Whatmore and co. doing..seems like he has not improved ONE bit in his last 25-30 innings at the international level, need a batting coach ASAP!

Total failure by the PCB (then again, aren't we used to this by now)

Sad to see such a talent just not being nurtured right! The guy needs guidance, its so blatantly obvious.

7. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    :fp

8. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010

Come on man..give him a chance. When I say chance, give him a proper channel to nurture his talent..its there for all to see the failure of Whatmore..he has not made a single improvement with Nasir!

9. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    * He was selected in Whatmore tenure.
    * scored 3 centuries against weak indian bowling attack under whatmore .
    * Jamshed is typical Pakistani opener he is no Saeed Anwar.
    * He has no footwork so he will rely most on" form"

10. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010

Yeah he selected him..but what has he done in terms of improving his batting ability? Yeah he is struggling right now, but I feel as if, Whatmore has done nothing to improve Jamshed's game.

I am not calling him the next Saeed Anwar, but he has talent and should be persisted with...with the right management, it can really help him (need to hire Inzi).

There are cases in international cricket that have little to no footwork and were still successful

11. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    Both Lahore Openers i.e Jamshed & Shehzad are "hit through the line" kind of batsmen as they have footwork/feetmovement approaches to Zero...(limit) :)

12. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010
    If they had proper management available to them, imho things would be drastically different

Inzi needs to be brought in and I feel as if Whatmore is just there finishing up his contract and getting paid "free" money..I have seen no improvement in our batting abilities

13. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    Those players who have little to no footwork & still succeful were "genius" & exceptions for Example Sehwag

14. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    no coach can turn these ordinary players into world class..

15. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010

Yeah, and why do you think that these "exceptions" doesn't apply to them?

All players go through a bad patch, what matters is, how they cope and learn from it.

16. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010

Again, talent is there, just needs to be channeled properly..ordinary? I beg to differ.

17. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    "exception" does not apply to them because they are ordinary,not world class as hyped to be :)

18. Top Spinner01

Feb 27, 2013
    Again talent is there but it is limited,so not many will be able to channel it :(

19. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010

Players don't become world class over night..need to be presisted with and given confidence with the right guidance

Ex. if India had discarded Rohit Sharma (when he was called Nohit), then would he have become the player he is transforming into..investing in a player, pays off! Both players have shown glimpses have being good batsmen, again just need proper guidance

20. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    He was imran farhat mode last night.

21. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    what a scrappy knock. Anyone who saw it would be embarrassed

22. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    He looks to be lacking confidence

23. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    no doubt its a confidence thing, but the fear I have is that our players never get over that mental hurdle, they can have all the talent in the world but improvement and adjusting isn't something they can do.

he's had lots of chances now, so what else do we need to do to give him confidence.

24. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    His downfall started that very day when he started playing with the Graeme Smith technique. As Muhammad Yousuf says "kissi ne baandha hua hai"

I've hardly seen him free his arms lately, rather relies on timing which unfortunately is not his game!! He's meant to be brutal and he's best when he's brutal.

For the time being, needs to be dropped.

25. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    lol, a bit of a contradiction there. If 25-30 innings is not persisting with a guy, I don't know what is. Some people don't even get 25-30 innings in their entire career.

26. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    He is opener. Right now the way things are going, if someone new comes at the top, it will be really tough for him to adjust with the condition and cope with the SA bowling attack. Better he finishes this series and then may be we should judge whether to drop him or not.

27. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    Oh yes, obviously. He needs to be given the series now that he is selected.

28. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010

Yeah it is persisting with him, but the point I was making is the team management. What have they done? I feel that they have put absolutely no effort forward in helping our youngsters with their weaknesses one bit. The talent is there, just needs proper guidance and that to me, is not to much to ask.

Juniad, Jamshed, Shafiq, Amin, the list is endless..they have not improved one bit. Utter failure by the management.

29. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Nasir needs to stop playing as per the given instruction; he needs to play his own brand of Cricket & this will only happen when management stop criticizing him in public. Don't mess with a Players mind & self esteem if you are not able to fix it later.

30. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Tbh he was actually looking better today. Played some good strokes but threw his wicket early. The other night he was just edging everything to the boundary. Even Farhat doesn't edge that much.

31. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010
    He did play much better in this inning, need to keep persisting with him, he will come good. With the T20 WC so close, we can't really afford to invest in another opener, need to give him confidence and guidance.

Definitely had more fluency in his innings today.

32. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Played better day, was looking quite confidently.
    off/t love his comments on Twitter especially about Afridi and Tanvir :p

33. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010
    Pretty sure that's a fake account lol

34. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
  35. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
  36. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    It's a parody account. But it's freckin amazing. Funniest parody account

37. ALbIe

ALbIe Smooth Operator

Nov 3, 2010
    I don't think there are better openers than Jamshed really only possibly Babar but if we get rid of NJ then we get Sir Farhat!

38. wikicric

wikicric Youngsta Beauty

Oct 30, 2013

it's v pity that some people cant express themselves in a sensible and reasonable manner.

39. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Even though I have a soft corner for Jamshed, I think he is becoming a big liability with players like Sharjeel Khan in hot form.

40. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Jamshed needs to watch older videos of himself. When he was actually using his feet and getting in great position to play the short balls. He also drove the ball nicely though tha offside. Now it's just closing the face of the bat for singles down the leg side. he's forgotten everything ese.

Check out the variety of shots in this video. It was against the Aussies.