Junaid has been our second most effective bowler since his comeback!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Alchemy, Jun 12, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    You can see the impact Junaid has on the overall bowling line up when we replace the heap of garbage aka Wahab with him. Its because Amir and Junaid hunt in pair whereas when you have Wahab at the other end. It means no matter how much you try in your over, the batsman knows that the next over is going to be a free for all trash bowling. So, they dont attack you and then proceed to bash Wahab Riaz all over the park.

Really liking our pace trio of Amir, Junaid and Hassan (lovely bowler btw).

Hoping that Wahab Riaz is asked to retire from LOI cricket. He should try his luck in PSL, CPL etc. Enough is enough. He and his phateechar fans have deceived us for way too long.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    Totally agree. And that's with junaid not even at his best. I would guess rumaan would do even better judging by his record but no doubt it has made a huge difference dumping wahab.

Credit where it's due, since wahab, the bowling has been delivering, well done azhar Mahmood.

Flower on the other hand has been a major flop and seems to be like teflon when it comes to accountability or criticism.

3. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    I like Junaid Khan more than Amir. He is the bowler thats worth investing on. Pakistan wasted there time on Wahab who was nothing special besides having more pace. Our bowling attack looks pretty much settled. We now need to weed out Azhar, Hafeez, and Shehzad.

4. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Junaid is bowling really well. Has created a world of difference in our bowling attack by replacing Wahab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. uberkoen

uberkoen Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2016
    Brilliant comeback from Junaid who had been completely written off after his injury. He's not back to his former self just yet but at least he's getting better. I remember when he made his return after the injury he had lost everything there was no nip, no swing, nothing off the surface and the poor lad got hammered left, right and center.

I like the bowling attack of Junaid and Amir both left arm quicks but both different in many ways that they end up complimenting each other. The old adage of fast bowlers hunting in pairs truly comes alive when you see the two of these out there.

Moreover, with Junaid performing as he has been I can gladly see that this is the end of Wahab's career as it looks as though we now have a very settled bowling attack.

6. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    superb comeback, dont know why some of the guys didnt want him in the team. he was one of our most promising bowlers along with aamir.

7. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    I do admit the bashing he got was very atrocious. Junaid Khan was once our main strike bowler who deserved way more respect than he got. What suprises me is how people gave Amir the "Ok" treatment while Junaid got the harsher one.

8. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I'm happy that he is bowling this way but also totally surprised. I think even his biggest fans thought he was unfairly treated but basically not worth investing in anymore. @Prince Pathan seemed to have given up on him.

9. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Im an emotional Zalmi fan lol but will always stand by the fact hes better than nearly every pacer in Pakistan. Didnt deserve the hate he recieved in recent times

10. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    but did you expect him to perform like this? I hope he keeps it up because he and your boy (amir) seem to be enjoying bowling together.

11. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Well yeah when fully fit, he has performed better in the past. Thought his confidence was permanently shattered. Hes a wicket taker importantly

12. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    I had been a staunch believer in his abilities especially because I had seen him bowl for Lancashire. Anybody who saw his performance for Lancashire knows how deadly accurate he can be during the death overs.

13. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    Still a chucker, and a mediocre one too. Only a matter of time before he gets smashed and loses Pakistan the game.

14. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Is suhanay mahenay main ap kuin paap kar rahai hai. Woh sab kuch dekhta hai Mamoon mian

15. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    It's good to see him performing. I was a huge fan of him back in the day, hopefully he can return back to his best soon.

16. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed. His best performances so far still haven't been that convincing.

Miles better than Wahab but still a long way for him to go. It seems just a matter of time before he gets battered. Still would be incredibly nervous with him bowling at the death. For me when Junaid is bowling a 20 run over doesn't seem far away.

Hopefully I am wrong and he goes from strength to strength!

17. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Junaid was always a dangerous bowler and I think injuries hurt his career but it's good to see him work and hard and earn his spot in again. Bigger and better things to come, starting off with the CT17, in shaa Allah.

18. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    I do agree with @ComradeVenom that I'm not yet fully convinced and a bit nervous when he's bowling but hopefully he can continue bowling the way he has last 2 games

19. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    You sound like you have a Indian Visa.

20. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Players not from Punjab are normally treated harshly by PCB. Fawad Alam, Sohail Khan, Junaid Khan are some of the examples. There are different higher standards for players who are from outside Punjab. While players from Punjab can walk or sometimes trip and fall players outside have to fly all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. uberkoen

uberkoen Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2016
    Oh come on. He's anything but a chucker. Don't let your hate for Junaid cloud your objective thinking.

22. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Junaid Khan was treated harshly? He was given a million chances, bowling trash, even after he made public statements about his exclusion he was still given chances. He is bowling well now, but let's not blame his exclusion from the team on regional bias. Sohail is out because of his fitness issues, same with a few players from Punjab. Fawad Alam is pretty much the only player hard done by and I think it's down to the aesthetics of his cricket rather than where he is from.

23. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Junaid's biggest test today in the absence of Amir

24. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Bowled really well in the first over where that fat idiot Erasmus didnt give Bairstow out. Hate DRS's pathetic umpire's call. It should be either out or not out. WTH.

Then got clobbered for some boundaries. No worries, lad. Get it in the second spell.

25. axl100mph

axl100mph Emerging Player

Nov 23, 2016
    He will be taken apart today.

26. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    No under garments related or suggestive comments today?

27. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    :cool:
    Maybe you are missing your daily shezzy dose.

28. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Hahahaha if you get daily doses from Umar Akmal. That doesnt means all of us do. :))

29. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Who cares if KK wears Asads under garments or Axl sniffs Umar Akmals. At the end of the day, hum sab ek hain

30. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    HAHAHAHAHA brilliant. <3

31. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    Nah,
    Talk about yo'self. I ainty queery eyed or ethnocentric bruttha.

32. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Takes the important wicket of butler in his second spell. Loving this stuff, Junaid.

33. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Yeah idk but your cricketing opinion is pretty rubbish sniffer boy.

34. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Another one. With a clever short ball. Take that haters!

35. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    He studies sport science so he has authority to judge a cricketers ability.

Didnt you know?

36. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Lol you hate everyone from Khyber and rate unproven laloos from Punjab.

37. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    If he got a million then Wahab has gotten over a Trillion chances and consistently flopped

38. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    Ohh please @Alchemy, fulfill my life aim and give me that validation.

39. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Dont lie. Umar akmal's validation is all what you need. ;)

40. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    [​IMG]

7 wickets this tournament. Hasan leads with 10. JK has played less than them all.

De ta la ugora @ASLI-PATHAN @Don Quixote