Junaid has been our second most effective bowler since his comeback!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Alchemy, Jun 12, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Najam Sethi.

2. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Mans a legitimate fraud. Thinks a degree in sports science gives him free reign to judge a cricketers ability. This degree also makes him an expert in biomechanics. One thing for sure is the man has a penchant for umar akmals jocks which @Alchemy would be able to systematically confirm

3. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    STOP THE ETHNICITY BS OR I WILL DELETE THIS THREAD.

4. SkillSpotterPk

SkillSpotterPk Youngsta Beauty

Aug 3, 2016

Waqas Ahmed Fast bowler from Sialkot is the thread on other forum. Read latest 30 posts. I have embedded a latest video aswell where you can see him in action.

Unfortunate not to see there for whatever reasons. Sad yaar. Anyhow stay blessed brother.

5. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Good to see you here and posting again.

Why don't you open a thread here on Waqas and we can discuss it here. I think that's a good thing for us, what say @godzilla?

6. SkillSpotterPk

Aug 3, 2016
    Thank you Omar. Done.

7. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    someone very senior in the management hierarchy, can't say the name without his permission.

come to think of it, if anyone has any questions, I can try to get them to him. it wont be an interview, but I might be able to get some unofficial answers.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  8. SkillSpotterPk

Aug 3, 2016

Why don't they call Sadaf & Majid for fitness camps ?

They can transform careers. Why not provide them optimum nutrition and training for 2 months off season ? They may not be able to afford themselves.

9. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    I asked about sadaf - they've had a good look at him apparently, and think that he would be a good prospect for tours in Australasia possibly, but he isn't quick enough to be effective elsewhere. they were unimpressed in aggregate.

I don't agree, but thats what they think apparently. he was at the pre-west Indies training camp, where they chose Abbas. I asked about atif Jabbar too - apparently he was unfortunately injured at the time of the training camp, but they were aware of him.

on fawad, the current roadblock seems to be inzi (perhaps theres others too) who doesn't like his technique. although its understandable after being overlooked for so long and losing hope, it doesn't help fawad and sadaf that they have both come off the boil in terms of performances the last couple of seasons.

I get the sense that whoever is in charge of getting the names together for these training camps is pretty clueless, and is likely to change his mind very quickly. and I get the impression too that their communication with the current coaching management is poor.

I'm going to try to make a case of putting greater emphasis on stats - I do believe they are not everything, but they can't be ignored the way they have been: Abbas, fakhar, wahab, Shehzad, are all very obvious examples of that - their successes and failures were very well telegraphed by their stats. they don't guarantee results, but they help determine where to focus attention.

10. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Can you bring up Sahibzada, Adil Amin and Taj Wali too. Ask them why Taj has never been under the radar even though swung the white ball both ways in one of the T20 competitions. Unfit? Attitude?

11. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Hmm, interesting. Sahibzada already seems to be under the radar, but can you ask him why Aamer Yamin is being ignored despite good performances at the PSL & Pakistan Cup ?

Also why have they forgotten Zafar Gohar ? And how come good prospects from the U-19 level (Zeeshan Malik, Umair Masood, Hasan Mohsin, Karamat Ali, etc) are going unnoticed ?

12. SkillSpotterPk

Aug 3, 2016

Kindly have a look at 27 players named for 10 weeks high performance camp at NCA.

13. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Decent list. Good to see Irfan the leggie, in there but where's Zafar ?

14. SkillSpotterPk

Aug 3, 2016

At present Sadaf's fitness has deteriorated and he has again become medium fast. He was medium fast in 2010.

He needs to get rid of the belly, strengthen his legs, be more upright in delivery stride, again bowl fast medium and than He will again Top FC & List A. Sadaf needs to follow Hasan wrt diet & training.

Sadaf's last two FC & List A performances are not what they used to be until 2015.

Abass broke selectors door by becoming highest FC wicket taker for two consecutive years. So they had no choice but to pick him.

Sadly Atif hasn't been picked for 27 membered high performance camp which is sad.

15. SkillSpotterPk

Aug 3, 2016

Yaar I can make a list of 45-50 players who need to be in high performance training camp but 27 is quite a big pool so people will miss out. Hence many players missed out.

Could you please make a thread wrt that news of camp ? Would be worth debating here. Actually some excellent picks.

Yousuf, Shoaib & Saqlain should be hired for 5 weeks atleast for this camp.

16. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    well sadaf has no one else to blame but himself then. although I can't imagine how frustrating it is to have to fight in an incredibly corrupt and incompetent set up. either way, I got the impression he doesn't have much of a chance in his current state.

alam and atif are missing there. I haven't looked at the domestic stats for a while, ill have to refresh on them in the next couple of weeks.

17. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    There already is one.