1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Junaid vs. Amir

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jul 18, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Notion has been spread that Amir is economical and big matches bowler. So far in series against Zimbo he has played first two games, bowled 16 overs, only a maiden, gave away 54 runs and only took 1 wicket.

upload_2018-7-18_13-51-10.png

On contrary, Juni played his first game today, bowled 6 overs, one maiden, gave 7 runs and took 2 wickets.

upload_2018-7-18_13-52-58.png

Early wickets of Juni and Usman did the damage, before Faheem ran through rest of the batting line.

I am not saying that Amir is a bad bowler, he has his issues, particularly his negative non-wicket taking line and length. But Juni showed how vital is it to inflict early damage to restrict the opposition.

So to me, on merit, he should be picked ahead of Amir.

In an ideal world, both should open the bowling, and whoever looks off color and jaded must be replaced with Usman or Shaheen. And yes, Shaheen should be part of ODI squad, going forward.

Fair enough?

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Amir is still the most classiest. Dont go by the stats. For me, Shaheen should take the new ball with Amir and he should be in the playing 11 in all formats alongwith Amir and Hassan.

Tests: Amir Shaheen Hassan Yasir Shah Hussain Talat / Shadab (according to pitch)
    Reserves: Abbas, Shinwari

ODIs: Amir Shaheen Hassan Shadab Fahim/Nawaz Hafeez
    Reserves: Junaid, Shinwari, Yasir Shah.

T20s: Amir Shaheen Hassan Shadab Fahim/Nawaz Hafeez
    Reserves: Umaid Asif, Shinwari, Yasir Shah.

3. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    ‘Don’t go by stats’.

Then what do we go by?

Stats are like miniskirts..they reveal a lot.

4. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Amir hands down

OP you are basically comparing Waqar and Wasim, its not justice to compare two great bowlers tbh

5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    then why did fans preferred Afridi ?

6. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Wasim was by far most skillful bowler to have ever played cricket. After Wasim, Mohd Asif was the one who displayed same level of skill!! Waqar was pure aggression and firepower but Wasim was on another level!!

7. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    And who is Wasim and Waqar from these two :D?

On a serious note, I have already said that Amir is not bad, but his "wicket" column is lean, also his negative non-wicket taking line doesn't help either. He has played enough cricket to overcome his issues. And don't get me wrong, I will pick him hands down any days if he bowls like CT final or in Asia Cup 2016.

8. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Due to his looks :p

9. Del

Dec 21, 2016
  10. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    Sometimes it feels like Amir isn't putting his 100% effort in bowling.

11. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Ditto, just watch his bowling effort and speed in T20 vs. Test. Also, he looks jaded to me.

12. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    In Tests it looks like he is being forced to bowl, and yeah a lot of times he seems disinterested.

I don't think he will be able to hold his position in the team if he doesn't change his attitude.

13. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I like both, Junaid is a bowler who does a job, even during the Misbah era his role was to get an early wicket and keep it tight, he’s an experienced head and knows exactly what to do, it would be extremely hard to chase down a 300+ score against Junaid, Amir, Hassan, Shadab, Faheem and our good part timers.

On Amir he is also a really good bowler, the thing that annoys me is that intl teams gift wickets against some bowlers however I rarely see someone gift a wicket to Amir, that is because they play him cautiously, one problem with Amir though is that he is acting like Wasim Akram when he was 36, he hasn’t earned the right to act as if he has played a good 15-17 years of Intl cricket.

14. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Forgot to mention that Ladla keeps dropping Amir’s catches on purpose which is why his stats are not great.

15. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    I concur, and to be honest, Amir has said that he's not interested in Test and want to focus in limited overs game to prolong his carrier then why he's pushed to play all three formats?

Cricket has changes, and also ways to ear money. These days you can make a truckload of money by playing T20 and some ODI's, hence many don't want to push themselves, and Amir is one of those.

16. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Ladla who?

17. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Anderson and Broad prefer test cricket so should Amir. If you have to leave formats, then leave shorter formats rather than test cricket!! Test cricket is where we need Amir not in short formats!! Short formats mein to youngsters bhi bowling kar sakte hein aur Irfan Junaid Rahat jaise buhat bowler hein jo manage kar sakte hein!!

18. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    I hear you bhai, but money talks. And he clearly wants to make more money is less time with less effort for longer period of time. Everyone has different priorities.

19. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Azhar

Who else?

20. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    lol ok, didnt know he's the ladla.

21. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Amir is a cut above, a big time baller. The champions trophy final will show you that. And that wasn’t just ‘one game’ it was thee game and Amir fired.

22. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Both are good bowlers but I'll take Amir any day in a crunch situation.

23. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Mystery as to why he has poor stars finally solved

24. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017

What poor stats, stats don’t matter.

25. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  26. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Bro how are you going to compare across two totally different match situations - they're not even playing the same game.

Faheem was ripping them apart in that game. Yes Juni bowled extremely well but to compare this with Amir's performance is nonsensical. There are no consistent variables to make this a meaningful comparison.

27. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Amir is easily more talented but Junaid is more hard working.. Amir needs to work bit more harder as highlighted by @Zeeraq

And i agree with @ComradeVenom , Amir is a big game player and will take him over any other of our pacers in crunch games.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

28. Phenom

Phenom Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Aug 23, 2017
    Amir has attitude issues.He bowls well when he feels like it or goes through the motions when he's not interested in the game.Of course this behaviour is pathetic and one should play every game for his country with passion but its not the case with him unfortunately.

He has taken his place in the team for granted.So one way to solve the problem would be to select him in the squad and bench him for the whole series.This would ignite fire in his belly to get his place back and perform consistenly.

29. abc_to_xyz

abc_to_xyz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 20, 2016
    As much as I hate his laziness and wicketless column, he is still our better bet against good teams. He is more of a defensive bowler now.

However, board needs to manage him wisely. He should have skipped this tour.

30. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    As you grow older, you become a little defensive as a fast bowler and you try to build pressure by keeping the opposition quiet!! You dont pitch the ball! You keep it back of the length! You avoid getting hit! You play safe!

31. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Amir is wise and mature now!

32. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Yo this whole "one should play every game for his country and give it his all" is such an idealist attitude and we should really sit and think whether it's achievable. Sometimes we forget that these players are humans, and they have their own goals, families, depressions, stresses, etc. Just to label it as pathetic behavior without realizing how we act at our jobs in own lives is premature, in my opinion.

It's obviously not great, but I mean come on, if you're a bowler that has taken down some of the greatest batsmen today and half-won your team a WC final and you know your team is going to win this game and you're tired from playing a lot of cricket, are you really going to put in a 100% every single ball? Absolutely not - no matter how much passion or care you have.

33. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Agree with you! A very mature post! Sometimes public just needs to take it a bit easy!!