Kagiso Rabada - A Glimmer of Hope for Future of Fast Bowling

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    only 20 but already proving to be one of the best pacer around. Pakistani fans will remember him from last under19 world cup when he was instrumental in SA winning the world cup.

Already two 5fers in 10 odis and now three 5fers and a 10 wicket haul in his brief test career of 6 matches. With Steyn and Morkel around him, he will really develop into something big.

Took 13 wickets in last test match against england, second best figures by a SA bowler in test.. that too only at the age of 20. Remarkable.

its great to see some exciting fast bowling talent in this era dominated by batsmen and spinners.

2. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Sultan of Swing

Sep 22, 2012
    Good bowler and will only get better. Very good find for SA.

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    when will we find someone ?

some are finding stokes.. some are finding rabada, some are finding williamson, some steve smith

and we have azhar ali and anwar ali

4. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Sultan of Swing

Sep 22, 2012
    our future is looking very bleak, so many players have been tried but none has been world class.

And when we will eventually find someone he will get banned for drugs or fixing.

Really a farce.

5. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Tracer Bullet

Oct 5, 2014
    Had this guy pegged for greatness since the under 19. Brilliant pace with swing in that under 19. Looked a class apart there. Glad to see he is performing so well and it will only get better bcz the environment of south African cricket and their domestic actually allows players to thrive and perform better while ours well we produce a bunch of under 19 stars ( who compete with the world), who disappear the moment they enter our domestic structure.

In the under 19 world cup before the last one where babar azam was captain we had so many talents. Sami aslam, babar azam, zia ul haq, ehsan adil all performing well. In the last under 19 world cup we had sami aslam, imam ulhaq, zafar gohar and co.

We wont get the rabadas, kohlis, smiths, Williamsons, stokes until we fix our domestic structure so that we can maximize what little talent we are producing. In a drought you maximize your resources and that's what we need to do. bcz we are undergoing a talent drought..,

Hopefully Amir will be our answer and babar azam will rise. Plz oh plz let these two rise. I cannot take more wasted players.

6. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    I'm not sold on the guy, but talent is there to be groomed. Two wickets in India in his 3 tests raises a bit of a red flag. Much better in the limited overs so far.

Tbh, I always see these quota selections by CSA through a skeptical lens. Hope he proves me wrong, could be Steyn's successor.

7. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Too early to judge. Let him play at least 20-25 tests & 50 ODIs.

Remember Sami also took 11 wickets in his debut test match.

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    upload_2018-3-12_14-30-49.png

4 ten wicket hauls already and still only 22

upload_2018-3-12_14-31-38.png

upload_2018-3-12_14-31-53.png

9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
    Big players perform against big teams.

Rabada and AB are Big players.

10. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Talented

Jul 17, 2017
  11. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Suspended by ICC for two Test matches ffs

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    ‘I’m doing something right’ – Kagiso Rabada on six-award night

Kagiso Rabada is the best bowler in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Player Rankings, and that was reflected in the Cricket South Africa (CSA) awards function on Saturday, when he went home with six trophies.

Rabada, 23, won the awards for Cricketer of the Year, Players’ Player of the Year, Test Cricketer of the Year, ODI Cricketer of the Year, Fans Player of the Year, and the Delivery of the Year for the ball he dismissed David Warner with in the third Test at Newlands earlier this year.

It wasn’t a surprise. Since the start of 2017, Rabada has picked up 95 wickets in 18 Tests at an average of 20.03 and 32 wickets in 23 one-day internationals at 30.87.

“I am grateful and honoured to have received these awards,” he said. “It means I'm doing something right. I'm glad to have done it for the team and for the country. It felt good to do what I did, but at the same time, I really do think that the whole team contributed. If you look at the Test matches we played, whenever we were in trouble, there was always someone different who bailed us out.

“There were guys like Aiden (Markram) and AB (de Villiers) and Dean (Elgar), who were consistent, but if you look at the roles that other guys played like a Keshav (Maharaj), like a Temba (Bavuma), like a Quinny (Quinton de Kock) at Newlands. Those guys are not getting too much recognition, but when you are in the changing room you see it all. I just feel like everyone contributed.”

Fantastically as Rabada has bowled, there have been occasions when his on-field behaviour has come under scrutiny, most recently in the Test series against Australia at home, which South Africa won 3-1.

“There’s certain things that happened to me, some good and some bad, which I have taken note of and made a conscious effort to improve on them, whether it be on the cricket field or just in my life,” he said. “That’s where I am at the moment, just trying to build on from last season and trying to be ruthless by bringing this on in the new season.”

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/703935