1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Kevin Pieterson v Ian Pont

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by iAd, Feb 18, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Seems KP overreacted then. I hope things get patched up @Ian Pont

2. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    How is it trolling? @Ian Pont himself then posted about after-shaves named Ego. Do you see anyone do this to England born, "good family" Cook when he shows his ego about wanting to play LOI's? Nope, only about South African born KP who fought the worst of racism in South Africa itself, then came to England to fight the Establishment who can't see a working class boy do well.

3. Ian Pont

Ian Pont Youngsta Beauty

Mar 15, 2014
    Seems he had a bad day.... looking at his rants before the match. It's been a tough time for him before today with 3 runs in 3 innings and two golden ducks. I guess he was feeling stressed and under pressure.

People get paid a lot to perform for a reason though. And pressure does odd things to people. Just glad he had a great knock

4. Ian Pont

Ian Pont Youngsta Beauty

Mar 15, 2014
    There you go again! WTF are you talking about? Me & Julien Fountain bought that aftershave last year for about 20 Dirham from a local supermarket. I asked him to get me some more. He follows me...why is everything about KP? Are you some sort of crazed fan?

KP is a multimillionaire a few times over..... and good luck to him

5. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    So you're telling me that an offhand comment about going for golf, and an off-hand comment about ego when those are the two things that KP is criticised for are both co-incidence. Fair enough, you must be very unlucky then.

I, for one, believe KP. He would never, ever do something like this without knowing what the truth is. He's too clever and talented.

Was this also just random?

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Well respect for actually replying to pretty much everyone here, especially those who have attacked Ian. Shows manners and guts.

I like KP but this is probably just being blown out of proportion...all will be well in a day or 2.

7. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    Pietersen has never been a likable individual, and he is also delusional to think that he still makes the England team. One good knock doesn't change the fact that overall, he has been a liability this season. His response to Pont's tweet was needlessly aggressive; simply shows that he is feeling the pressure and that he has an inflated ego.

8. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Hardly. KP is the greatest English batsman ever. What have you ever done compared to KP?

9. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    I have a degree in medicine, which he doesn't. He is an international cricketer and one of England's best ever batsman, which I'm not. So what? Different jobs for different people. The balance of the world will be disrupted if all doctors could become international cricketers and all international cricketers could become doctors.

Yes his achievement is greater than mine. Much greater, since there are millions of doctors in the world but only a few thousand international cricketers and only a few contenders for the title of the best English batsman ever. Why does that mean that I cannot criticize him for something that I don't agree with?

I know you are trolling and I'm wasting my time, but at times it doesn't hurt to play along. You got your two minute of fame in this thread though, so congratulations on that.

Pietersen's reaction was stupid and childish. Just another example of why he got dumped by England. Unprofessional behavior in a professional setup is not tolerated. I don't care what Pont said or what his intention was, the fact is that Pietersen's response was.....stupid and childish.

10. ahmedwaqas92

ahmedwaqas92 Youngsta Beauty

Jan 1, 2017
    Not a fan of people making snide comments to be honest; these are the same reasons why Shobby Malik was despised a few years ago but ever since he got married and let go of the pettiness, he became larger than life while now he is a constant feature of the Pakistan team. This is the simple reason why I back KP here.

If being cunning and snide = professionalism then I am all for living out my heart on my sleeve. Men shouldn't hide behind in directed drivel, if you gotta say something say it clearly and with meaning. There is the sole reason why England have never produced any Alphas while countries like Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, South Africa and Even NZ have !!

KP was their Alpha and they kicked him out because he would literally walk all over his adversaries.

11. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Comparing apples and oranges here. KP doesn't have the greater achievements because he's a cricketer, but because he's the best cricketer. Be the best doctor and you'll be greater than KP, because doctors save lives.

12. Don Duckman

Don Duckman Tracer Bullet

Apr 7, 2014
    By the same logic, you shouldn't be calling for KP to be dropped since you're not an international player?

13. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Agreed. KP is the best English match-winner and batsman. Nobodies can only harp from the sidelines at his greatness.

14. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Stop trolling on every thread man. It is annoying to read.

15. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    One of the reason why i dont post in many threads.. almost every thread is ruined by this.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

16. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    @Ian Pont while I agree KP's behaviour was out of order, I don't buy that your first tweet or the ego aftershave tweet was unrelated to this incident. Maybe there was some issue that happened last year ?

KP is a fantastic player, but he does tend to speak vs coaches quite openly on Twitter. I've seen him hint some stuff against others before too. Probably why he had that fallout with England in the first place.

Anyway, good luck to whatever you do next.

17. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    The annoying part is that he trolls with his real opinions. He's just too stupid to defend them with actual arguments.

18. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    now fans of KP after 10-15 day haters of KP

19. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  20. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
  21. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    if only I find it..I think thats why WR is having a go at him rn haha @Red Devil can probably find it

22. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    WR got banned which is not entirely surprising considering his needless trolling in this thread and harrassment of Ian Pont

Merc and his iron fist

23. Ian Pont

Ian Pont Youngsta Beauty

Mar 15, 2014

.....believe what you want

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  24. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  25. Ian Pont

Ian Pont Youngsta Beauty

Mar 15, 2014
    As an International Coach and Double Winning T20 Head Coach? My opinion isn't valid? Then you have a perverse view

26. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Ian, dont intend to sound rude but as far as i remember you only coached Bangladesh and they have never won any silverware. So, what is with the double winning t20 head coach?

27. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    @Ian Pont one can sense the snark in this. I am sorry but you are not wholly innocent here. Anyway, old news now. Time to move on.

28. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    You know what they say: ''those who can't do teach''. If you are going to argue that my opinion isn't valid because I'm not a professional then neither are you a player.

But that's not my point, I don't think that a valid opinion is less valid because of who says it. It's just an argument by the authority on your part. The facts are what they are and the results are what they are, whether I am the one criticizing or Andy Flower doesn't change them.

And by the way I have 450 likes on Cricistan so I know what I am talking about.

29. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    He won two ramzan tournaments.

30. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
  31. Ian Pont

Ian Pont Youngsta Beauty

Mar 15, 2014
    As they say, those who don't know cricket become an armchair fan :)

Apparently, I used to be a professional cricketer... but let's overlook that to give you your 5 minutes in the sun :cool:

32. Ian Pont

Ian Pont Youngsta Beauty

Mar 15, 2014
    No rudeness buddy.... http://www.maverickscricket.com/ian-pont.php

33. Ian Pont

Ian Pont Youngsta Beauty

Mar 15, 2014
    Love the way you choose to read something in that was sent for Julien Fountain

34. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    You sound like KP's personal agent. How much did he pay you boy?

35. Don Duckman

Apr 7, 2014
    Sorry for overlooking your professional career. You'll agree it's an easy mistake to make.

I don't think talking to you on an online forum is ''5 minutes of fame''. I mean, if you were KP, I could understand criticizing KP to get attention. But not sure people care who Ian Pont of all people is or isn't arguing with online. Seems like you need to stock up on that Ego Perfume yourself.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  36. bang-bang-razzaq

bang-bang-razzaq Youngsta Beauty

Feb 25, 2011
  37. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Lol

@Munna got billions of likes on CS but even he does'nt know many times what he is talking about!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  38. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    @Ian Pont

I respect you to have taken the time and interest to come out and explain yourself on a public forum frequented by around three dozen irrelevant fans like myself - You did not really had to that that.

Now would you be prepared go the extra mile and admit you were a bit mischievous at the start of all this with that ego tweet of yours? ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  39. Ian Pont

Ian Pont Youngsta Beauty

Mar 15, 2014
    If you see both tweets about it you will understand more fully. I cannot help what people think bhai, sorry.

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  40. Ian Pont

Ian Pont Youngsta Beauty

Mar 15, 2014
    You are welcome to your view, based on what you can comprehend.

Peace

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List