Kohli: Leave India if you don’t like Indian batsmen

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:50 AM.

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Dubai: Indian skipper Virat Kohli is facing the heat on social media after a video went viral, in which he asks a cricket lover to leave India if he doesn’t enjoy watching Indian batsmen.

In the video, Kohli reads out the comment, which says Kohli is overrated, adding: “I enjoy watching English and Australian batsmen more than these Indian.”

[​IMG]
    Kohli promptly rebukes the cricket lover and asks him to leave the country: “I don’t think you should live in India, go and live somewhere else. Why are you living in our country and loving other countries? I don’t mind you not liking me, but I don’t think you should live in our country and like other things. Get your priorities right.”

The video quickly went viral, with tweeps shaming the Indian captain for hate-mongering.

@AnnuJal wrote: “This doesn’t make me like you one bit @imVkohli. Stop being a BJP spokesperson and focus on your game. In other words, shut up and go play!”

Other social media users shared a clip from the U-19 World Cup in 2008, in which Kohli can be seen saying that his favourite cricketer is the South African Herschelle Gibbs. Kohli was the captain of the Under-19 team that won the cup.

And his favorite cricketer is Herschelle Gibbs pic.twitter.com/g4bS6mXdDd— Zoo Bear (@zoo_bear) November 7, 2018

A fan of Kohli from Pakistan, @UrslanH, tweeted: “So sorry to hear this, I always loved @imVkohli as I felt he is a wonderful sportsman and a super fit person, seems Kohli still has to go a long way to become human being. Why does he want people to leave #India for having a personal liking or preference? May be Hindutva mindset catching up!”

Others pointed to the hypocrisy of criticising people for enjoying anything that is not from India.

@Kens103 summarised the apparent love of non-Indian things in Kohli’s life, writing: “Married in a foreign country. Supports foreign countries in other sports. Plays a sport originating from a foreign country instead of playing kabaddi. Talks in a foreign language many times. Wears foreign dresses. Is he in his right mind speaking these words now?”

Married in a foreign country
    Supports foreign countries in other sports
    Plays a sport originating from a foreign country instead of playing kabaddi
    Talks in a foreign language many times
    Wears foreign dresses
    Is he in his right mind speaking those words now?— Naresh Khuraijam (@Kens103) November 6, 2018

Kohli’s married Bollywood star Anushka Kohli in December last year in Italy. However, the two have gotten into trouble on social media earlier, too. They faced criticism for filming someone littering on the roads in Mumbai.

The two were served a legal notice in June by the person filmed, with the person demanding an apology.

https://gulfnews.com/news/asia/india/kohli-leave-india-if-you-don-t-like-indian-batsmen-1.2298764

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
  3. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
  4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
  5. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Virat Kohli told a cricket fan to leave India if he likes English and Australian cricketers more than Indian players, the Times of India reported.

The drama unfolded during the video recording of the launch of his mobile phone application.

“He [Virat] is an overrated batsman,” the fan wrote. “Nothing seems special in his batting. I enjoy watching English and Australian batsmen more than these Indians.”

This statement did not sit well with the energetic Indian cricketer who told the fan to “leave the country”.

“I don’t think you should live in India. Go and live somewhere else. Why are you living in our country and loving other countries?” he replied.

The Indian cricketer said that he didn’t mind the fan not liking him but he didn’t like it when people live in one country and like things from other countries.

Kohli’s rant went viral on social media.

https://www.samaa.tv/sports/2018/11...ou-like-foreign-cricketers-leave-the-country/

6. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Man, I like this guy and his attitude ...

7. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Smooth Operator

Jul 17, 2017
    Anushka is doing a rubbish job, God gave him talent, he’s been given everything, it’s something a emotional young kid would say, something I would have said when I was 10.

Get your priorities right, Cheeky little

8. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    What exactly is likable about this comment of his? He has fallen to Shastri level douchebagry.

9. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Lol he will be grilled for this, and rightly so, i didnt know he was this naive.

I saw the video. to be devil's advocate, i believe the twitter post/comment sounded very "i dont like indians i like the goras"... but, still any matured celebrity would have just said, ok. we do know kohli is not the type and feel he has a very wannabe aggressive attitude, which is self made and not god gifted.

10. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    His mindset dost.

11. shainz

shainz Emerging Player

Apr 8, 2012
    My question to Mr monkey would be doesn't every bloody Indian want to settle outside India at a slight opportunity they get, if India is such a great nation why have ur desh bakhts moved to every corner of this planet

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk