KRL remain undefeated but NBP go through to the semi-finals on run rate

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Feb 18, 2010.

KRL remain undefeated but NBP go through to the semi-finals on run rate

by Abdul Habib
Feb 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM
  1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    rahat-ali-fast-bowler.png

Irfan was a little depressed when I called him, the first thing he told me was that KRL were out of the competition and that they wouldn't be playing in the semi-finals.

So I asked if they'd lost the game, Irfan replied that they'd beaten the more fancied HBL by 19 runs. Irfan took 1/35 opening the bowling with Rahat Ali as Shoaib Akhtar was unavailable to play once again. I asked Irfan why Shoaib hadn't played the last two games despite saying he would and Irfan said that Akhtar had said he wanted to rest his leg so he could play the semi final and the final.

Irfan said he had some good news for me, he's heard that he's been selected for Multan in the upcoming regional T20 tournament. He's excited to play for his region and is hoping to continue progress he's been making in the 4 day and 1 day versions of the game.

Habib conducts player interviews and writes articles for Cricistan.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010

Yeah, we belive youAkhter.

Resting through a Do or Die game for the team so that he can be FIT ENOUGH to blow battig line ups in semi and final....if past 10 months are not good enough for him to gain his fitness back.what good would sitting out of one game would do for his fitness?

he has put Pak on his L before and he is doing the same to KRL!!!!

2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
      ^LOL

Congratulations to Irfan on getting selected for the Multan region! That means he will be able to bowl against stronger region teams. Best of luck.

3. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
      Not the right attitude shown by Shoaib, surely the team would have had more of a chance with him in the team. Anyway good luck to Irfan with Multan. When is the T20 due to kick off in Pakistan?