Lahore High Court restrains NAB from arresting Hamza Shehbaz till Monday, April 8

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Del, Apr 6, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    A team from the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) on Saturday returned to the Shehbaz family's 96-H Model Town residence in Lahore to arrest Punjab Assembly Opposition Leader Hamza Shehbaz.

After a nearly five-hour standoff outside the house, media reported that the Lahore High Court's chief justice had barred NAB from arresting Hamza till Monday, April 8, after being petitioned by the PML-N's legal team.

The arresting party started returning around 4pm after the short order was issued.

Advocate Amjad Pervez had appeared before the high court on Hamza’s behalf. He argued that Hamza has filed a request for interim bail and if he is taken under custody, he will lose his constitutional right to appear before the court in order to secure bail.

LHC Chief Justice Sardar Shamim Ahmed summoned the record of the appeal filed for interim bail and barred NAB from arresting Hamza meanwhile.

After the NAB team left Model Town, Hamza appeared before emotional supporters and said that the LHC had said that Hamza has been cooperating with the anti-graft watchdog and there was no need for arresting him.

He thanked his supporters for standing before NAB's team like an "impenetrable wall" as if they were protecting their own house and said: "These are not PML-N workers, they are my family."

The PML-N lawmaker then pointed his guns towards the government and said that the prime minister should "stop lying and acting out of jealousy and bias".

"Pakistan's economy is drowning, we don't have money for debt servicing. I ask them [government] to draw a road map to fix the economy and provide relief to the poor. People are tired of hearing [about] 'thieves'," Hamza said.

The development came just a day after NAB conducted a failed 'raid' at the same address to arrest Hamza on charges of money laundering and possessing assets beyond means.

NAB officials had earlier said that they would not enter the house and that the PML-N leader should turn himself in. However, the accountability watchdog had also petitioned an accountability court seeking permission to enter the house to arrest Hamza.

"We mean to arrest Hamza Shehbaz by all means today," the NAB deputy director leading the team had told the media.

After the accountability court issued its decision on the matter, PML-N counsel Atta Tarar, while commenting on the order, stated that the court had "dismissed" NAB's petition and refused to give NAB and police permission to raid the house to arrest Hamza. He said the arresting party should, therefore, turn back.

However, while the accountability court had, in fact, dismissed the petition, it had made clear that it was only doing so because NAB already had all authority it needed to execute its arrest warrant in line with Chapter V of the Code of Criminal Procedures.

The court said that "no specific direction is required to be issued to execute the duly issued warrant of arrest if same is not suspended by the competent authority".

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1944165/1-nab-raids-shehbaz-sharifs-residence-lahore/

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Lahore high court is on payroll of Nawaz and Sharif family, even a 10 years old know this. And what can you say about this toothless NAB.

The rich and powerful will always elude justice use the system for their own advantage, such a rotten system but its sad reality of Pakistan.

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  4. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    what the hell is justice Khosa doing about this, other than giving ridiculous interviews to the press about how a good lawyer should study Shakespeare? he's a disgrace in his tenure so far.

5. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    the courts and the PTI itself have made this all political.

justice delayed is justice denied.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I am sorry but this sound utterly absurd.

If LHC is in pocket of these Noor's then how is it PTI or IK's fault? He is facilitating NAB, giving them as much power as possible, CJ and Supreme court says NAB can arrest anybody as long as they possess proves against that person, yet we see last weekends episode of Hazma and still its PTI's fault - how on earth man?

7. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Imran unduly used the panama verdict as his party's victory. When actually they did nothing that got nawaz in jail.

The courts especially saqib nisar also used the cases to become hero.

What happened now is that all the cases are now politicized.

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    NAB possess concrete evidences against each and every accused, so still dont get your point.

Yes, Panama has nothing to do with IK and PTI, but how every case politicized is what I struggle to understand.

9. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    I have been hearing of this concrete proofs since my childhood. Say thanks to those panama journos whose real hard and honest work was the reason we were able to send a sitting corrupt prime minister to jail. Warna we would be just hearing about the concrete proofs from bla bla bla agency. Truth is our establishment is either overrated, or itself corrupt that they don't let these looters get caught warna it is not that complex. Our institutions are not on the same page regarding corruption.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Still it doesn't answers my question friend. I am still not convinced that cases against the looters are politicized.

Also, these guys have knows every loophole of this rotten Pakistani system, which they use for their advantage. LHC granted bail to Hamza and bars NAB from arresting him till 17th is the recent example what is wrong.

11. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
  12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Crap, what the F is going on man?

Its a slap in the face of SC, will CJ still stay quit?

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  14. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
  15. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    i watched najam sethi program and he was projecting him as a saint shareef burdbaar guy. contrary to the popular belief on media.
    ofcourse i dont know the man myself so i cannot make judgement. this is very confusing and frustrating. if the cases against these guys were not complete, they have made a mockery of our justice system. this is going to be worse than corruption in the long run.

16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016