Lawson Predicts India Pak Final

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ShokoTolo_LoloMoto, Mar 31, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Former Pakistan coach and Australian Test paceman Geoff Lawson has tipped South Asian giants India and Pakistan to play the final of the 2014 World Twenty20.

"India and Pakistan will be playing on slow paced and low-bounce pitches and as such they may start as the two most likely to play in the final once again. Pakistan have the spin king in Saeed Ajmal and the the all-round talents of Mohammed Hafeez and Shoaib Malik and the inimitable Shahid Afridi. That’s plenty of slow bowling on their preferred surface," Lawson wrote in his column for Al Jazeera.
    For the talented Pakistan team, the challenge essentially will be to curb their tendency to implode if they are to repeat their 2009 World Twenty triumph.
    Mohammad Hafeez's men take on Australia, defending champs West Indies and a qualifier after their clash against India in what is perhaps the tougher of the two groups at the World T20.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1094248/lawson-predicts-india-pakistan-final

2. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    A genius called ehtesham predicted this even before the start of the tournament :yk

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  3. Adnan Adil

Adnan Adil Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    Which will be repeat of 2007 T20 final. There is just something which always puts us down against India in world cup matches. Wait for a huge heartbreak.

4. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    There's always a first time. Stay optimistic, we'll win, in shaa ALLAH

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  5. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    We still have a 'quarter' and semi to get through first.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  6. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Would be very exciting though I hope not, we are chokers compared to India in world cup game, and final? na bolo though if it does ever happen insha Allah Pakistan will make it the first and most memoriable.

7. Pakfast

Pakfast Talented

May 8, 2013
    I've always considered Lawson a Pakistani, he's never short of praise and admiration whenever he speaks of us. He's probably hoping for an indo pak final as well, at least we all know who he's going to support.

8. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    yaar mujh sey pooch liya hota, I would have told you directly and simply.... ya toh IND vs PAK final ho ga, ya nahin ho ga.... mark my words.... :now

9. Muhammad

Muhammad Youngsta Beauty

May 29, 2013
    From what I see.. its either Srilanka vs SouthAfrica or Southafrica vs Pakistan/Westindies.. southafrica have a great batting lineup. AB.. Amla..Millers..Imran Tahir. India are banking on Amit Mishra and Suresh Raina at the moment.

10. Reverse Swing

Reverse Swing Talented

Jul 30, 2013
    That would be really interesting if it happens.

11. salman24

salman24 Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    As long as Pak wins, I don't mind. I can't take another loss.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    It would be great to see another Pak v India final, the law of averages has to kick in at some point.

Pakistan stand a good chance against the Windies but it depends which Windies turns up, if we get to the Semi then we are known as Sri Lanka's bogey team. They usually dont do well against us in knockouts.

India on the other hand haven't tasted defeat yet and South Africa are very fired up so I think a Saffie v Pak final is more likely. But then again will India fear Tahir who has been the Saffies main weapon?

13. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    TOP SPINNER would be proud.:D

• List
  14. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

Why?

15. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    No - India will take him apart. He bowls too many bad balls and can bottle it a bit of someone goes after him.

I don't think India are relying on just mishra and raina... kohli, sharma, yuvraj, have all had a hit and look good now... ashqin, jadeja, and whoever else they want to use i.e. yuvraj and raina can be useful with the ball.

Look the side to beat at the moment imo.

16. Asif Abbasi

Asif Abbasi Youngsta Beauty

Sep 19, 2012
    India are huge favorites here... They are playing saffers who are poorest players of spin in the tournament, and India are well placed to see off Steyn, and attack Tahir and other trundlers...

Pakistan on the other hand, have to face WestIndies, which is a huge test.. If they are successful, they need to combat SriLanka, who have got really good spinners and Malinga is awesome for this sort of cricket...

I hope that Pakistan go on to reach finals, but it seems highly unlikely.

17. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    would hate to play India in a final not just because we'd likely lose but id rather india never reach the finals of any tournament : D
    i would be surprised if we lost to the windies because they are awful players of spin but i would also be surprised if we beat SL in the semis. they're bowling has been very good and our history against left arm spin isnt the best and herath is bowling well not to mention how malinga has beaten us himself recently

18. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Im going to get bashed for this but it has to be said.

[​IMG]

• List
  19. greenkill3r

greenkill3r Youngsta Beauty

Mar 8, 2014
    If it is, surely our players will pull through once? Would be pay back for 2007 WC. Can't wait, fingers crossed.