1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

LBW Reviews

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ShokoTolo_LoloMoto, Jul 12, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 2)

1. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Look, snicks out or not out decisions being reviewed is good enough but when it comes to LBW review, I think there is a room of improvement.

Frankly speaking, if you look at the umpires in the first Eng/WI test, they have given NOT OUT to almost all LBW appeals by the West Indian bowlers and almost all were reviewed by WI and almost all were given OUT by the third umpire.

On the other hand, when England bowlers bowled, almost ALL LBW appeals were given OUT and almost ALL were reviewed by the WI batsmen and almost ALL were given NOT OUT by the third umpire.

This is my personal opinion but I see a little bias in the LBW umpiring decisions, that seem to go into England's favor. Is this due to white folks having a revenge in the current black lives matter atmosphere? I don't know and I don't wanna throw in the racial card - BUT - something doesn't seem right here.

IMO, Umpire's call is BS in LBW decisions.

If the bowler or the batsman decides to review then, umpires call should have absolutely NO SAY.

All three red dots, it's OUT!

On or more yellow or green dot, it's NOT OUT! as simple as that.

2. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Well lets not get into that discussion about racism because we won't be reaching to any conclusion with that.

But always felt this "umpire's call" and "soft signal" makes absolute zero sense.

When you decide to take technical assistance for your on-field decisions as an umpire then the complete reliance and trust should be put into that technology.

Just like its done for run out decisions... although before the advent of these ultra slowmo cameras, we used to have so many close run out calls where a missing frame in the replay video would almost make it indecisive to give a clear verdict.

3. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    I think Umpire's call is there because ICC does not think that the technology is 100% reliable. I think they should remove pitching outside leg rule, if it is hitting the stumps it should be out.