Life bans for Yousuf & Younis | Malik, Rana banned for a year.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Wasim, Mar 10, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    the PCB of course has good reasons for the bans of Younis and Yousaf, they dont need to be revealed for the sake of the players future inclusion in the team. its to protect them but the ban will surely teach them a lesson, i know theres rumours that Yousaf might retire from international cricket.

2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Well he may retire, and then come back again. He is a cry baby and he did the same when he was dropped from T20.

I have a feeling that the Investigation Committee or whatever it is called has f***ed Ejaz Butt, the committee was headed by Wasim Bari, dont be surprised if he becomes PCB head.

3. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    he's held nearly every other position in the pcb, the chairman might be the only one left.

4. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    Let’s hope PCB stick by their decision rather than over turning it in a month’s time. This should send a strong message to all players about their future conduct.

As much as I hate the guys at the top, the players need to take responsibility of representing the country rather than trying to create friction within the camp, it’s a shame it’s came down to this.

5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    Just think from the players perspective. You dont condemn a person for a life ban just on the onus of him being a problem. You dont select him, or you censor him privately. This punishment vetted out is an extreme action. It could still make perfect sense if PCB management led my example with their own performance being iron tight and onus and sphere unmatched. But that is not the scenario. It not even remotely in the same zipcode. I expect all these decisions to be taken back within 2 weeks. Hooray insanity

6. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    the management got away scotch free in this, but maybe because they have already left they posts apart from Waqar Younis. PCB needed to let the media know like they have to make examples of them and send a message out. they done right. Like i said theres a doubt that the decisions won't stick but hopefully if they appeal then the bans/fines should be increased rather than lifted!

7. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    Good reasons? My beef is, what are these reasons? Why are they being kept private? The public deserves to know this, specially since Mr. Butt has handed out these bans to not chumps like Malik or Rao, but the two premier test batsmen in the side.

8. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    I dont care about the reasons. Neither do these loser players deserve anything, like any rights.

That one year ban on Malik alone is worth banning few others along for life.

9. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    why do the public deserve to know? they are employees of the PCB, if they want they can keep it confidential and private. Pakistan public isnt that forgiving or forgetful.... and neither are the opposition. If PCB give the reason for they bans, them players will be labelled for the rest of their careers, they wont have no respect or authority in the dressing room or on pitch against opposition if called back in squad in the future. Of course it depends on the reasons but its better to be safe than sorry, Its time PCB was strict with the players but protected them at the same time. Have you forgot the embarrassment caused to Shoaib Akhtar about genital warts lol

Dont forget they not life bans, Yousaf and Younis are just having to start afresh in the domestic scene, where they will have to score loads of runs and perform consistently so the PCB can't ignore them. Ijaz Butt has clarifeid that they are not life bans and the selectors will consider the players when deemed appriopiate.

10. Big Daddy

Dec 21, 2009
    And PCB belongs to who's daddy? Last I checked PCB is not a commercial enterprise but a state run enterprise funded by public funds. So they owe it to us, an explanation both on moral grounds and as a sense of duty.

11. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010

International cricket players even for Pakistan pays itself with they sponsors, broadcasting rights, merchandise, marketing, media, etc. Its the domestic what is mainly funded by the public and as far as I’m aware no ones been banned from domestic cricket.

what difference would it make to you if you knew the reasons compared to you not knowing the reasons?

12. Big Daddy

Dec 21, 2009
    Here is my objections, the committee that announced the punishment is the same people who are at loggerheads with the said players. Inti has a history of deceit. He banned Shoaib Akhtar for having an active night life earlier and when he became coach, asked for him to be back. When malik's ship was sinking as a captain, his report paved way for his sacking. Yonus and Yusuf succumbed to player powers and inti and manager were the common factor, how do i know that the committee was not out for blood. there is an appeal, this is a national issue not a classified document. we need answers.

13. Big Daddy

Dec 21, 2009
  14. wasee

wasee Youngsta Beauty

Mar 11, 2010
    Afridi looks Suspicious too

Yar Asif Khan I think you are taking side with afridi but i think Afridi is also invoved some kind of conspiracy too coz during that historical match before bitting the ball he was winking/blinking his eyes to Rana and Malik regulary. my thinking is that it was all PLAN to make Malik a Captain coz every cricket pundits were thinking that it was the last tour of Malik as part of pakistani team.......................................................

Also what about fawad Alam, i think he is involved in grouping with Kamra and umar Akmals

15. pacman

pacman Youngsta Beauty

Jan 27, 2010
    Read this article. Pretty much sums up why.

Source: http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=228302

Thursday, March 11, 2010
    By Khalid Hussain

KARACHI: At first glance it seems like a potent blow aimed at dismantling the so-called player power which many believe has dogged Pakistan cricket for years.

But if you dig deeper into Pakistan Cricket Board’s decision to ban and fine some of the country’s leading cricketers, it becomes pretty clear that the motives behind the stunning move are not all that noble.

Firstly, it seems that the PCB kingpins are out to save themselves by shifting the entire blame for Pakistan’s catastrophic tour of Australia on the national players.

The Board was under extreme pressure from all quarters because of a series of controversies in the recent past and needed to take some concrete action to silence its critics.

It decided to go after the players — a pretty soft target these days, especially after the debacle Down Under.

In some ways, it seems to have worked. Jamshed Dasti, the chief of National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Sports and PCB’s staunchest critics, was quick to hail the move. Some of the former greats like Abdul Qadir and Sarfraz Nawaz, who’ve been assailing the Board for almost every step it has taken in the past, also backed the decision.

It’s quite absurd actually. If things were so bad in the national team for so many months that you were forced to kick several big names out of it then what was the Board and the management it had hired to run the team was doing all that time?

If Shoaib Malik and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan made so much trouble in Australia that the PCB had to ban them for a year, then what stopped it from calling them back home when the tour was still in progress? Why didn’t the team management take action against them and the other culprits then and there when it had the mandate to so?

These are some of the many questions that spring from the PCB decision to put the players in question in front of the firing squad.

The Board, however, doesn’t think that its own officials or the team management was responsible for any of the problems. That can be proved from the fact that it has appointed Intikhab Alam, Pakistan’s coach on the tour of Australia, as director of the National Cricket Academy. The PCB has also elevated Waqar Younis, Pakistan’s bowling and fielding consultant during the tour, as the team’s head coach.

In some cases, the decision to punish the players also smacks of personal vendetta.

If not then how could anybody explain the harsh action taken against Younis Khan, the enigmatic former captain who missed more than 80 percent of the tour Down Under and only featured in the one-day series.

The presence of Yawar Saeed, who was removed as Pakistan manager after last year’s Champions Trophy on the insistence of Younis, the PCB probe panel seems to be the reason why the seasoned batsman finds himself on the receiving end of the Board’s culling operation.

Yawar, who has returned as national team manager after the tour of Australia, had a bitter tussle with Younis as he is the one who backed a player rebellion against the former skipper last year.

It hardly came as a surprise when Abdul Raqeeb, Pakistan’s manager on the twin tour of New Zealand and Australia, announced on Wednesday that he suspects that Younis was targeted to settle personal scores.

The fact that the PCB probe panel has somehow managed to find fault with the players but was unable to see anything wrong with the team management was almost entirely made up of people employed by the Board or are linked to it in some other way makes Wednesday’s announcements hard to digest.

The panel was led by Wasim Bari, the Board’s chief operating officer and includes PCB Governing Board member Wazir Ali Khoja, director of cricket operations Zakir Khan, PCB lawyer Taffazul Rizvi and Yawar Saeed. Wasim Akram, the former Pakistan captain and the only ‘outsider’ selected on the committee never attended any of its meetings.

Committee members like Bari and Zakir are themselves yet to come clean on the biggest tragedy in the history of Pakistan cricket — the attack on Sri Lankan cricketers in Lahore last March. Bari and Zakir were both responsible for ensuring that the visitors received fool-proof security but failed to do that and can directly be blamed for the fact that Pakistan have now been reduced to being the pariah of international cricket.

The Board has also failed to explain the reasons why Malik and Rana have been handed one-year bans as well as hefty fines of Rs2 million each. That’s pretty stern action and cannot be taken without proving that the duo actually deserves such punishment.

That is why the Board will have to make public the findings of its inquiry committee. There is no justification in keeping it a secret. Perhaps the Board management is acting in its own interest by keeping it under the wraps. It shouldn’t be allowed to do that. They have nothing to hide but their own failures.

16. Observer

Observer Emerging Player

Feb 27, 2010
    Agreed, but I don't know whether PCB will take back the decision or not. They are even more unpredictable than the players.

I also agree that unruly players should not be selected. Give them a chance to change themselves and if they perform and behave then consider them again.

"Classified" verdicts will NOT help the cause!

17. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Its all over the news now, talk shows etc. Its the hottest topic today and everyone seems to be against PCB, they cant get away now.

18. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    I know. How dare they touch our patriotic little angels who have given us so many victories by doing their job honestly and professionally with so much discipline and passion.

Shoaib Malik for president!

19. wasee

wasee Youngsta Beauty

Mar 11, 2010
    In short we have to put all the player in one line and shoot them just like Hitler shot germans in 2nd world war.

Dear all; what funny is this, now PCB has inluded Saliman But, Misbah and two akmal brothers again in the World Cup 20 squad.

what a funny BOARD is this stupid PCB.

20. Younis-fan

Younis-fan Youngsta Beauty

Mar 12, 2010
    Younis khan is a victim of the biggest injustice in world sporting history.

21. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    I agree.

The problem we have here is that the livelihood and the bread and butter of four men has been taken away from them. Whether it is justified or not for the PCB to do this is irrelevent.....it is a very serious matter. And because of the seriousness of the matter, the secrecy behind the bans is a complete farce.

The PCB have a responsibility to make public the full facts of the situation. Why has the livelihood of these men been taken away from them? By not telling us the facts of the situation, they are opening the door to all kinds of rumour, conjecture and bakwaas......which is a violation of the rights of those men to a fair and impartial hearing.

The way I see it......Ijaz Butt has passed the buck and done something to throw the attention away from himself. As long as Ijaz Butt is involved with the PCB, there will always be problems in Pakistan cricket.