Losing Interest in Pakistan Cricket?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Jun 12, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012

Enjoy the present, we don't know what the future will bring.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  2. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Wrist slitters out after a GOOD performance now ?!?!

3. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    These pessimists.

Let us enjoy seeing the team do well after being destroyed left, right and center the past few months. Take your negativity and go somewhere else.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  4. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    I forgot to add Younus, he'll be ack in the odi team too :/

P.s: This thread is for those who're losing interest, so i'm here to stay :D I know Messi got trolled real bad tonight :(

5. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    the irony of calling a test performance meaningless becuase a possible victory may mask the deficiencies of the odi team, lols.

• List
  6. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Yeah Misbah only leads the test side, ODI captain is Shoaib Akhtar.

7. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    The refreshing performance from the Pakistan team in this Test has certainly been uplifting and has also allowed me to somewhat rekindle my faith in Pakistan cricket.

The success may still be short-lived and we may return to the same old dour Pakistan side of late, with the losses which only seem to incur heartache and the damning realisation that Pakistan is no longer the epitome of mercuriality. But, the injection of youth and the passion shown by the likes of Sarfraz Ahmed and Yasir Shah has given me a glimpse of hope than we can generate something out of the rubble of the last few months.

I have been following this test and watching segments albeit only passively; tomorrow I will make a real effort to wake up early especially to watch the fifth day.

So this is my polite request to all the pessimistic wrist-slitters: please stop with the constant negativity! As a mathematician named Descartes stated: "An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?" Similarly, why do you have to bring pessimism to every single positive thread that concerns Pakistan cricket? We optimists ourselves realise that we are mediocre side (and we don't deny it at all), so why can't you allow us the luxury of enjoying a rare win?

I'd suggest you also try to relish every single victory because they are so few-and-far between but if you cannot, then please allow us to! It is the only poultice for the wounds created by having to bear all of the disappointment of the last few months!

• List
  8. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Bus kr paglay, ab rulaey ga kya :(

• List
  9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Sport is indeed a magical feeling. The pump and euphoria you get at times is needed in life!

• List
  10. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Indeed!

The lows are also needed to put things into perspective.

• List
  11. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Really happy for Zulfi... Its always great to see someone from humble background make name for themselves. May ALLAH help him win a lot more matches for Pakistan.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 6
    • List
  12. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Alhamdulillah, one of the most comprehensive Test wins vs Australia.

InshaAllah a 2-0 win would go a long way to cementing Pakistan's Test side.

Best thing about this Test, together with Younus Khan's brilliantly well-earned record, was that everybody contributed in some way. Shehzad in 2nd innings, Sarfraz in 1st, Azhar and Misbah did their bit, Yasir Shah and Zulfiar Babar bowled beautifully and the seamers did a decent job too. Maybe Mohammad Hafeez, nonetheless economical, may have missed out but apart from him, everybody contributed MashaAllah

• List
  13. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    I have definitely lost interest in the PAK cricket team that's participating in this WC.
    Might regain interest if proper selections are made in the future.

Woke up at 3 AM for this game, not even going to bother watching the 8:30 AM games now.

14. Top Spinner

Top Spinner Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
    so far in this world cup i have watched WI inning and afew overs of Bangladesh inning,that's it.. :shrug

15. Reverse Swing

Reverse Swing Talented

Jul 30, 2013

Just think of it this way that we will get to see new players after the world cup, I hope anyway.

Babar Azam, Hammad Azam, and eventually even Amir Inshallah.

• List
  16. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    That's why I said this WC.
    I just hope right decisions are made after the WC and we don't recall the TTF's.

• List
  17. Straight Drive

Straight Drive Emerging Player

Jul 27, 2013
    Same thing was said after CT 13

18. Pakistani_Legend

Pakistani_Legend Talented

Oct 4, 2014
    "New players".

I hope those new players aren't Malik, Farhat, Kamran and the likes.

19. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm not trying to be negative here. I love this country, I love watching quality cricket but this isn't just worth it.

It was only two years ago I watched each and every Pakistan match enthusiastically. When they lost I was disappointed but optimistic, when they won I was overwhelmed with joy.

However in the same period of time I saw the way PCB was being run, how talent was drying up and the system was producing nothing, how Misbah was captaining the team and so on.

I still had hope though, but then we started losing, our mediocre batting lineup became a shitty batting lineup. It just depressed me. I didn't even feel like doing work. Then people like Sethi came to power. Then I knew Pakistan cricket was screwed in the long run and I stopped watching.

I dropped all expectations that we will become the best, or win the world cup. We lost some more and I wasn't disappointed anymore.

After a long break cricket started again, and I preferred to do my chemistry work over watching the match. I had no interest to watch it. I preferred to do chemistry. It was the chapter on solubility which I hated but I'd do it again than watch Pakistan play cricket. Guess what happened that day. We lost again.

From time to time I'll watch Boult or Steyn bowl. I'll watch ABD, Amla, or McCullum bat but I really don't care about our cricket any more. I hold no expectations I get no disappointment.

• List
  20. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Long time ago
    Going to watch my adopted country Ireland and a team with my friends Afghanistan from now on. Not expecting them to do well hence no disapointment

21. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    I am now. This debacle is on another level.

22. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Not yet.

I still do follow the team with the same passion as before.

But what I do now, is actually study the game itself, appreciate good cricket and always try following other teams. For me, it sort of soothes the pain that Pakistan inflict on us despite following Pakistan with the same passion (like I said) before.

Once you start studying the game of cricket itself you (hard to explain) sort of, just anaylse the game rather than follow the game whilst watching.

But yeah as frustating as Pakistan can get, I ain't giving up on them yet. What the future holds I can't say. Hopefully things get better, I reckon I can hold on till 2019 :p.

• List
  23. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    I think no matter what lows Pakistani cricket hits, the optimist in me will always hope for a win and watch Pakistan's cricket matches with passion.

True, there are other teams out there that are doing much better than us, and if you want to appreciate the game and watch proper professionals at work, I would suggest you watch their matches.

Having said that, nothing can beat the thrill and excitement of cheering for your own country and watching them pull off close wins every now and then.

• List
  24. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Lost all interest in this team. Will regain it when Amir comes back. That guy has more skill in one finger than these fools all combined. Sadly he's got very greedy head on his shoulders too but won't mind if he bowls like he did just before the ban

• List
  25. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  26. Icon

Icon Youngsta Beauty

Mar 12, 2010
    I haven't followed or watched much cricket for years mostly because there is not even a single talented cricketer in the current lot. Muhammad Amir was a breath of fresh air and probably the mostly talented cricketer to play from Pakistan in years and then he got banned and it seems that it's been going downhill since and besides Aamir alone could have only done so much.

Pakistan used to be a good team mostly because of some exceptionally talented players. Now that talent has runout mediocrity of cricket setup including PCB has become apparent. I played a lot of cricket including hard ball cricket and there were some very talented players in my neighborhood ( better than the current clowns) alone but most of them ended up following the typical Pakistani route of school and job because there is no setup to recruit such talent from schools or colleges.

Cricket is a mind game. Majority of the players come from poor backgrounds in Pakistan and lack the personalities plus psychological and emotional development necessary to excel at international stage.

• List
  27. Icon

Icon Youngsta Beauty

Mar 12, 2010
    Hence, you end up with talent less selfie clowns like shehzad who even at age of 23 or whatever his age is end up acting like a he is in junior high. His mental age is probably 12 and that's pushing it.

28. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Don't know why his selfies are to be blamed for this, he can do whatever he wants with his life as long as he is performing with the bat

• List
  29. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    He can take as many selfies as he wants but don't post them on the internet lol, ofcourse he's going to get mad fun of, especially those that give a homosexual vibe. WaQaReD!

30. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Didn't even watch the Windies game, knew we'd lose.....

31. shahbaz

shahbaz Banned

Oct 4, 2012
    Am planning to throw eggs on the team when they will be coming back .. i need volunteers,eggs will be provided by me for
    Free ..

32. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    What?

Why would you do that?

At the end of the day they're human beings, who have feelings and I'm 110% sure they won't be pleased with themselves and will be looking to avoid a backlash itself.

If you want to do sonething, go and protest outside the PCB office demanding action and reforms across the board, asking for accountability which is presented to the public, domestic reforms, demand public opinion be taken on board etc ...

What the hell would you egg the cricketers for. Just imagine how people would view you for once?

Can't take a constructive step, wait I'll egg the cricketers.

Disgusting to say the least.

33. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    I hope they put up a fight in these next few games, if not then I'm done with Pakistan Cricket. Corruption, nepotism, more corruption, you name it Pakistan Cricket has it.

34. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Haven't watched more than 10 overs of a Pak game since the WC QF. Never mind Pakistan Cricket, can't find myself up to watch Cricket at all. Watched one day's of play of the Ashes which apparently turned out to be a mediocre series anyway.

Strangely I thought it would be better with Afridi and Misbah's retirements coming up, but all interest is gone in watching the sport itself and the new Pak players doesn't really fill you up with excitement either.

Anyone else in the same boat?

35. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    No, I'm actually very happy seeing the transformation taking place from top to bottom. The current bunch of cricketers are re-instilling that hope in me again.

Haris, Babar, Rizwan, Sarfaraz, Azhar, Asad, Nauman, Maqsood, Umar, Imad, Anwar, Yasir, Wahab, Amir, Rahat, Taj, Majid, Zia, Asghar, Zafar, Usama Mir.

I've missed a few but these guys are a talented bunch, far more than the ones we produced in the last decade.

36. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Sir? :eek:

37. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Playing against weak teams like Zimbabwe and srilanka doesnt help the cause either. . Or we play on these dead pitches of asia.

A tour to england/sa/nz/australia will develop more interest.

I didnt even watch a single ball yesterday and checked the score only 2/3 times.

38. Reverse Swing

Reverse Swing Talented

Jul 30, 2013
    Yeah playing in places like England and Australia will create interest. Its been a long time since we last went there.

39. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
  40. amirfanforlife

amirfanforlife Smooth Operator

Apr 19, 2012