Malik will bat at number 6 in England - Sarfraz

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    @ahsannagi: "We will change our batting order in England. I will bat in the above positions (top 5) and Shoaib Malik will come at six," says Sarfraz Ahmed

#cwc19

So basically Malik will be our finisher

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Don't mind this too much. He will play regardless so best he comes at 6.

Play:
    1.Fakhar
    2.Imam
    3.Babar
    4.Haris
    5.Sarfraz
    6.Malik
    7.Hafeez
    8.Imad
    9.Hassan
    10.Shaheen
    11.Junaid

Since Shadab is out it messes the balance of the team.

This line up needs Hafeez, Haris and Malik to bowl 10 overs between them. Batting lineup is long

3. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    1. Abid
    2. Fakhar
    3. Babar
    4. Harris
    5. Hafeez
    6. Malik
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Fahim
    9. Amir
    10. Hassan
    11. Shaheen

4. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Harris Sohail, Hafeez, Malik and Fakhar Zaman to bowl 13 overs between them.

5. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    Sarfaraz isnt a hitter, better he bats up, Malik hasn't much of a game at all anymore, but has a longer handle than most of the line up, so although he's not an international 6, hes probably better suited there than any others in the squad. so fair enough.

6. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Poor decision, Malik should bat at 4.

Hafeez should be playing at 6.

7. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Imad can't play in an XI where Hafeez Haris and Shoaib bowl 10 overs. That's 20 overs with almost no wickets taken and ~100 runs conceded.

Also if the strategy is to play 7 batsmen then Asif Ali is a must (especially if he does well against England)

8. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Hafeez wont be batting as low as 7th lol

Ans if malik is batting at 6 and sarfraz in top 5 then someone from Haris or Hafeez will miss out.

Imam
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Hafeez/Haris
    Sarfraz
    Malik
    Imad
    And then 4 bowlers

I doubt they will play hafeez+haris+malik as 5th bowler because imad is also not a wicket taker as highlighted by @KingOfDoosra. Playing them means youre going with only 3 main wicket takers.

And tbh Imad is more of a batting allrounder than a bowling allrounder tbh

9. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Asif Ali bowling karta nahi hai batting 5 overs se ziada crease per tikta nahi hai kaise khilayein usko?

10. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Have a look at my posted 11 above!
    @SwingNSeam

11. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Sarfraz ko uper khilana bewaqoofi hai! Khela jata nahi hai Sarfraz se! Ulte sulte shot maar kar out hojata hai consistency hai nahi jazbaat mein aaker faisle karta hai Sarfraz should not bat higher than No. 6!!

12. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    1-9 Amir Shaheen
    10-17 Fahim Hassan
    18-30 Harris Sohail (7) Hafeez (4) Malik (2)
    31-36 Amir Shaheen
    37-42 Fahim Hassan
    43-46 Amir Shaheen
    47-50 Fahim Hassan

Amir 10 Shaheen 9 Hassan 9 Fahim 9
    Harris Sohail 7 Hafeez 4 Malik 2

13. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Harris+ Hafeez + Malik + Fakhar Zaman is fine as 5th bowler as long as you are playing Fahim Ashraf as your 4th bowler in those conditions!! You need 4 pacers in those conditions. Spin duties can be fulfilled by part time spin of Harris Sohail specially (he is very underrated as a bowler in my opinion as good as Aamir Sohail with the ball), Hafeez, Malik and Fakhar. Mujhe herat hai Imamul haq bowling nahi karata aur Fakhar karata hai cus Imam looks more like Aamir Sohail and Fakhar like Saeed Anwar. Yehan Fakhar bowling karata hai Imam nahi phele Aamir Sohail bowling karata tha Saeed Anwar nahi!!

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Only imad can hit.. and youre dropping him as well. Lol

15. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    sirf hitting ki basis per team mein jaga nahi ban sakti! Bowling combination effect ho raha hai uska kiya? Fahim is a poor hitter/ batsman of late but his role is to hit down the order and Hassan can hit better than any of these on his day! Its about whether you have a place in the 11 or not!! Meri team ka combination dekhein is much more balanced and is likely to score bigger and with 4 pacers you will restrict oppositions as well in those conditions! Conditions fast bowlers ko assist kareingi wahan Imad ka kiya kaam!!

16. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    @Passionate Pakistani

17. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    A quick 20 odd of 8/10 balls can completely change the game. And we dont have one single hitter.. even by batting alone he deserves to be there ahead of most batsmen.

18. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    @Passionate Pakistani bhai aapka naam kiya hai? Uper combination check karein! I have an extended batting lineup! This lineup will atleast post 250 most often if not 280 or 300 and in those conditions you would defend that total as its very difficult to bat in England this time of the year!!

19. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    I have Sarfraz coming in at 7, Fahim at 8 and Hassan at 10.
    Harris, Hafeez and Malik in the middle order.
    @Passionate Pakistani
    Imam ul Haq ki jaga mein ne Abid Ali ko opener rakha hai!

20. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    UAE mein nahi khel rahe yeh England hai!!

21. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Guy is speaking to himself lol

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    They wont go with your combination man

23. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    They will learn when they will get defeated aur achi baat yeh hai ke phela match india se nahi! 3rd ya 4th match hai india ke against jab tak humara combination kuch had tak settle ho chuka hoga!!

24. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Shadab available hota tab bhi mein yehi combination khilata cus i believe this is our best possible 11 in these conditions!

25. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    total bullshit. do you ever actually think before you write?

Screenshot 2019-04-23 at 13.41.48.png

26. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Malik sahab can't bat in England might as well put him at 11.

27. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Sarfraz is good when its time to accelerate in the middle overs but you have better options like Harris Sohail, Hafeez and Shoaib Malik available to you who have wide range of shots and can play big shots as well! Sarfraz plays spin well and sweeps and plays crafty shots but problem with him is that he does not have a big power hitting game which someone like Harris Sohail, Hafeez or Malik can produce and overall team combination is better with the team i selected. Have a look at that 11 please before reacting!

28. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Please justify that shot he played in Asia Cup against Jhadav (Indian offspin allrounder). That shot was just a foolish reaction in my opinion which was not required. Team got bowled out for 160 cus of that shot!!

29. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Sarfraz can barely hold his bat, let alone making quick runs. Better to hide him up in the order.

Also, there is no way Hafeez and Harris both will play, former will play ahead of latter. Team will be same, excluding Shadab, Imad can cover for him.

As for Shadab, I heard he will be available for WC.

30. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    im afraid with all due respect, I'm not going to entertain a discussion with a view that:

one shot >>>> total career facts from 70+ innings

this is just ridiculous. its not even close in terms of evidence. its totally black and white. he is by far and away worse when batting at 6 and below. it even makes sense, he runs the singles hard, and to anyone with a brain, looking at the modern game, "strike rotation>> risked big shots" in the first half of the game where risks need to be controlled and "wickets >> sr", and "strike rotation << risked big shots" in the second half of the game where "sr >> wickets".

sarfraz doesn't have a big shot game, and he has probably the best strike rotating game which makes him tailor made for the top half of the order. not only that, his career stats show he averages 44 in the top 5 vs 26 when batting at 6 or below. and to counter that, your point is 'how do you explain that shot'? wow.

31. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Those talking about Imad not being a wicket taker need to look at the other spinner in the squad...
    Believe it or not the management sees him as someone who will bowl 10 overs.

Also, Hafeez, Malik and Imad are 100% confirmed in playing 11. Imam, Fakhar Babar and sarfraz are also obvious.

Haris is the only one who may have to make way but I can't see that happening hence why I think one of Malik/Hafeez will have to bat at no.7

32. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Imam
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Haris
    Hafeez
    Sarfaraz
    Imad
    Faheem
    Hasan
    Junaid
    Shaheen

Don't think so Sarfaraz can play higher than 5. Top 3 are cemented positions and on No.4 Haris is better than Sarfaraz.

33. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Malik wont be dropped.

34. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It was foolish, Sarfraz mocked Jadhav on a TV show, it was totally unnecessary, yes I know players don't get along but you don't need to express it on TV. After a terrible world cup hopefully it'll be the end of the road for Sarfraz.

35. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    If we make it to the semis of the world cup, you're not allowed to post for 3 months.

36. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    West Indies game and Bangladesh game are crucial however they look better in my eyes if West Indies select right team, might beat one of South Africa or New Zealand but it won't be enough.

Let's hope for they can win the World cup instead of sf place, if you won't win what's the point in a SF? We should lose or actually win it, going out in first round will be more beneficial as compared to a SF place.

37. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    difficult to say what the line up they will choose will be, particularly if Hafeez is saying hes an opener, Malik is at 6, sarfraz in the top 6, and Imad a finisher and they want to play a leggie to 'challenge both edges'. I suppose it would have to be this if the hints the team is dropping are true:

1. hafeez
    2. fakhar
    3. babar
    4. Sarfaraz
    5. haris
    6. malik
    7. imad
    8. Shadab
    9. faheem
    10. hassan
    11. shaheen

38. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Seriously man, posters like you need to be banned. You really would rather go out in the first round than make the semis? What kind of twisted thinking is this?

And don't assume I don't understand your logic - "if Pakistan go out in the first round, they'll change the team wholesale" -- that's not a good result. That's twisted, weird, bad Pakistani fan thinking. The entire cricket scene is about the World Cup, and we want to do as well as possible. No one gives a shit about your stupid ego and who you think should be dropped / be in the team.

Not to mention you said, "After a terrible World Cup" -- I mean, if I could have you banned from watching games, I would because what is even the point when you've decided our result.

/endrant gtfo

39. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    This batting lineup is only long on paper, in reality it is really short as it has been ages since #5, 6, 7 have consistently done any scoring of note. Even Fakhar has been somewhat out of form and Haris is yet to fully prove himself. A lot will depend on the top 4 scoring runs and even when they score, we have no hitters to accelerate us to aggressive totals or any consistent finishers to win us in chases. I hope Abid and Asif Ali get some chances instead of Hafeez/Malik as they at least offer something different than the usual failures.

40. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It worked for England. I'd rather win the World cup then not. Best thing is for a mindset change not wholesale changes, the backbone of the England team is the same it's just they have a different approach, what's so good about going to a semi? Infact it hurts when you lose after getting close.

Pakistan should win the World cup or go out in first round as this will be a catalyst for change in domestic cricket, domestic cricket will be much more competitive and by five years we can hope for 3-4 good cricketers emerging.

People like you seem to be happy with a bronze medal, that's why you have probably not gone far.