Match Ka Mujrim?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ComradeVenom, Jan 6, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Frankly it boils my blood as well, when I see this blonde Tahir celebrating against his native country.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  2. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    How do you know Razzaq is finished:thinking

3. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    we can hardly blame Misbah now if he reverts to batting in tuk tuk mode when he sees a collapse like yesterdays. he must have zero faith in the other batsmens abilities

4. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    The problem is more mental - Its the attitude of the players on the ground. We play like sissy's and
    yes Captain has a huge role in developing this mentality. Nasir and Ahmed are naturally aggressive batsmen, but they are trying to adjust their games to make the captain happy and secure their spots.

5. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011

Right now Abdul-Razzaq with the bat is very inconsistent. Honestly I think we should've had Abdul Razzaq in 2011-13 but right now I don't think it'd serve much to have Abdul-Razzaq back, even though he still outperforms some of our current players I think somebody like Hammad Azam, or maybe Ehsan Adil would be a better investment now. Real shame though because I think Pakistan did scapegoat Abdul-Razzaq after the 2011 WC where he didn't actually do much wrong, and despite having performed quite well since 2009

6. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    I agree we should have Hammad and Adil both in the squad, but I hear this argument that they are not ready in defensive of players like Riaz and Tanvir. Hell then why not get in Razzak, atleast he has shown what he can do in LOI's games. Plus he would given us a Right Arm MF variety. Riaz is in the team because of his connections in PCB HQ and Tanvir gets in the team due to backing of Rawalpindi Cricket association president, forgetting his name.

• List
  7. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011

Yeah it made me laugh when people were predicting that Abdul Razzaq would return because his pal Moin Khan is the "boss" or because Nawaz Sharif is now in power. No matter what valid criticisms one may have, Abdul Razzaq has never had political backings of that sort because like a number of poor background players (Yousuf is another example) Abdul Razzaq doesn't have that much backing from the powerhouses

• List
  8. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I don't know how true this is but I've heard rumors that Razzaq was backed b someone and that played a major role in him pushing Azhar Mahmood out of the team.

9. Pakfast

Pakfast Talented

May 8, 2013
    Azhar was an okay all rounder and was dropped because of poor performances. Razzak I feel was treated unfairly, he did nothing wrong. I'd take razzak over afridi and hafeez any day. However, we need to look towards the future and hence need to bring in someone young, and give him a consistent run. Can't see that happening untill out great captain is still there.

10. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011

I very much doubt that. Compare their performances and Abdul Razzaq (in one dayers) clearly comes out on top, it's not even close (though in games where both of them played it's a little closer, Mahmood being a bit better than his career stats and Abdul Razzaq slightly better with the ball than his career stats and slightly worse with the bat). I like Mahmood but he has a habit of whining, far more than the recent whingings of Abdul Razzaq and Mohammad Yousuf. Add to that he talks to the media far, far more than does Abdul Razzaq and so can push his POV more.

In fact when Abdul Razzaq went to play for the county circuit in 2002 Mahmood had a full series against Australia where he took 1 wicket thru the tour and had 7 runs in three innings. Then both were dropped after the 2003 WC but Abdul Razzaq did extremely well in the Pakistan circuit and Rashid Latif insisted on his inclusion for the next tournament. Then Mahmood also returned to the team and both he and Abdul Razzaq did fairly well in the lower order (Mahmood: 16, 30, and 20*; Abdul Razzaq 12*, 17 and 64) during the subsequent England tour of 2003, though Mahmood was quite expensive and between them they only took 3 wickets. After that over the next year though Abdul Razzaq's performance with the ball dropped alarmingly his performance in the lower order shot up.

In Tests it's a different story as Abdul Razzaq had a (slightly) worse record and Mahmood's exclusion in 2001, a match after taking 4 for 50 was quite strange. But remember in those days Pakistan played even less Tests than they do now, and in the dominant one-day format Abdul-Razzaq outperformed Mahmood by a mile (as did Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Malik)

• List
  11. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011

By the way, another reason I think the above idea gets pushed quite a bit (I saw somebody on PP bring it up a few days ago) is because of weird meaningless statements like "Abdul Razzaq has poor body language and Azhar Mahmood was aggressive" (which is true, but some people are introverts and others are extroverts). Or statements like "Mahmood is 100x better fielder than Abdul Razzaq", which is certainly very valid but doesn't discount the fact that Abdul Razzaq significantly outperformed Mahmood in the other two fields.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  12. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Razzaq is still better than combine of Wahab and Tanvir.

13. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    I am surprised no one really mentioned Saeed Ajmal. He knew Muhammad Irfan is a ZERO with the bat and we only needed like 3 runs of 30 odd balls. What was the need to run and get Muhammad Irfan on strike? Aa bhens mujhe maar moment.

14. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Ironically, in that partnership Irfan looked a lot better. Tbh, can't blame Ajmal, he can't bat either.

15. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    truthseer - He can bat better than Irfan. C'mon man, you have a test 50 against one of the world's best attack on swing and seam friendly pitches. It doesn't take more than a brain to know you should not let a mug bat that too when you need 3 runs of 30 balls + when the bowler is Morne Morkel.

16. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I agree, he shouldn't have done that, but the way I saw it, he was looking for two.

He shouldn't have been put in that situation though, Afridi, Akmal, Amin, and our two useless all rounders, Tanvir and Wahab should have gotten more

• List
  17. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Our players are mentally very weak, they tend to forget what common sense is in pressure situations.

• List
  18. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Ajmal is also a choker. He's choked too many times, against Hussey, Ireland, and even this time.

The new lot are all chokers, can't blame Misbah for that, they're worse than him by a long shot

19. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    How did he choke against hussey? Hussey is a beast. And choke yesterday? His stupidity of giving Irfan the strike should not be considered chocking. Stop throwing the word around if u can't put it into context my man.

20. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    That was a very poor over, even back then for him.

Two of the balls were too short, easy pickings for Hussey

And against Ireland too. Yesterday, he gave strike to Irfan when he knew Irfan couldn't bat.

Maybe not choke, but not the best under pressure

• List
  21. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Just to put things in perspective, even Bradman got a duck. Now I'm not saying Ajmal is a bowling Bradman.. But simply implying that anybody can have a bad day.

However, I agree with u. Those days were poor.. But chocking.. Especially yesterday isn't the correct term. :shrug

22. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Maybe not choking, but not a great pressure player.

And he doesn't need to be, he's a spinner who's not supposed to be bowling death overs anyways.

• List
  23. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Usually these match situations end up with the tailender nicking the bowl through slips or behing the wicket for 4. Even Irfan couldn't get a healthy edge when he tried to hit Tahir in the previous over.

24. Sher4

Sher4 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 31, 2013
    Shahid Afridi and Misbah-Ul-Haq Khan Niazi

25. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
  26. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  27. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Management... they knew rain was expected still had no clue about D & L score..

• List
  28. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    captain and coach should have sent a pinch hitter to open.

29. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Umar Akmal for giving 4 byes on the last ball. That is the difference on D/L.

30. YK2010

YK2010 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 18, 2010
    The Management
    Anwar/Tanvir for some terrible bowling
    Umer Akmal for his sloppy Wicket-keeping
    Jamshed

31. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    the pakistan batting for not even scoring at a decent pace. This pitch is a road and 200 looked a possibility after the first 5-6 overs of the saffas...

32. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Another day where Hafeez the captain has failed miserably

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  33. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    if you win the toss and bowl for rain... then why the hell are you not allover the duckworth lewis sheet? He should have made sure we were ahead. Poor captaincy, don't know why they call him professor.

• List
  34. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    Hafeez(for also leaving Ajmal out)
    Anwar Ali for his horrible bowling upfront which set the tone for the Saffies fast start

35. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Shahid Afridi, Mohammad Hafeez, Sohaib Maqsood.

36. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Afridi, Hafeez.

Hafeez wasted new ball and the one-down spot while Afridi wasted a golden chance to end the match.

37. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I Might have been a bit harsh on Afridi since he bowled well, but Maqsood and Hafeez definitely.

• List
  38. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Umar Akmal also...did he need to play that stupid shot while we already had gotten the runs from that over.. acting like any other slogger.

39. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    But after all these years you simply expect him to do better than that. All he needed was to support Misbah and not play hero.

40. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Afridi and Misbah.