Match/spot fixing or doping, which one it worse?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Apr 26, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Title says it all, in your opinion, which is one worse than the other and why?

Discuss.

2. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Both are cheating.

However in fixing the team loses in the short term and in the long term when the player is caught and the whole team goes through scrutiny. Every game is analysed and doubt is planted in the minds of fans.

With doping it is a way to help the team win I guess. Despite the negative connotations with doping it doesnt have a massive effect on the game. Secondly it is usually isolated to one player.

So both are wrong but in my eyes fixing is the bigger crime with bigger impact and bigger long term consequences.

3. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    Match fixing is more intensely and perhaps directly related to the betrayal with your country.

Doping could be somewhat personal. You want to edge out from the competition within the team or from the opposition, or you want to get healed quickly so that you could get back in action before the expected time etc.

So in my opinion, match fixing is obviously worse because no one purposely loses unless there is money on the table.

You always fix the match to take money and lose the game. You never fix the match to take money and win the game.

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    BUMPED (because of IND vs. AUS game) !!!

I am not trying to throw a conspiracy theory on the table, but its just my observation based on IND vs. AUS game.

India batted first and made 350 run, pitch had nothing in it for bowlers.

Australian's, who are usually aggressive started their chase suspiciously, specially Warner. This guy alone played 84 balls and only made 56 runs @ SR of 66(which was boosted by those FIVE 4's, otherwise, his SR would be in 40's/50's), with only 5 fours and no SIX - its unbelievable for somebody like me who knows and understands his style of game. He had absolutely no signs of urgency at any point in the chase. Maxwell and Carey did their best, but till then at was too late and Australian's have totally screwed up the chase and in the end they started wild slogging.

This is the Australia, which is know for their professionalism, game awareness and calculated risk - where was all that yesterday? And Warner's innings looked extremely suspicious to me - I wouldn't be wrong if I say that its was a ridiculous batting performances by Australia.

If Fakhar plays such innings, that too in World Cup then 85% Pakistan's will be asking for his head.