Mickey Arthur must have a wry smile on his face

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ComradeVenom, Oct 5, 2019.

1. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    These two lulloo players Shezad and Umar were dropped for a very long time under his tenure.

One match into their comeback and they make 4 runs between them.

Pakistan cricket is never ever going to move forward from these tried and tested failures.

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
  3. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    The way Mickey was removed and replaced...he is in a position to sue PCB.

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    No wonder and for right reason. I mean why on earth you bring back those test failures like Ahmed and Umar?

What is wrong with Misbah? I guess he is given way too much power, which has already start hurting Pakistan.

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    @Major really want to know your thoughts...

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Biggest lulloo is Misbah.
    You can tell the mindset of a coach and selector from who he picks. I don't think Misbah has any sense at all after bringing Shezad and Akmal back. What is he thinking they will achieve after playing 150 games for the country and failing sooo much?

Mickey was the best Pakistan could have had. They should have kept him as a coach and made him selector too

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Lulloo is a small word man. So frustrated today.

8. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    These luloos barely experiment with the one day team even though a world cup cycle has just finished but start deconstructing a successful T20 team with a world cup round the corner.

9. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Thats true. If they were going to try someone other than Fakhar then why not Abid Ali? Also why is Akmal playing over Haris. Sooo stupid making changes just for fun of it.
    People stand in queues for 4 hours and at the game they get treated to watch Shezad and Akmal batting lmao. Why organise games if you are going to do this

10. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
  11. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Not really. His contract ended and wasnt removed or sacked. They just didnt renew his contract.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    @comrade venom

While i agree with TTF point but if you look at our t20 wins it was always just one plan, score big and choke opponents with spin. Besides, batting was heavily dependent on Malik n babar so this was always on card as we dont really have a plan B.

But lets hope this is a blessing in disguise before WC.

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    It’s not the tired and tested failures.

It’s the effed up bunch of dumb aholes who are in the decision making positions in the higher ranks of PCB who hire sh*t heads like Misbah and Waqar Younis in hopes that these two daft will take the team over the moon, and this dumbness effect trickles down in the recall of Akmal and Shehzad.

If I had the power and if I was to fix our cricket - the VERY FIRST thing I would do is to permanently fire EVERY SINGLE mofo of the entire 900+ employees of PCB.
    EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, with absolutely no possibility of rehiring. Permanent GPL in donkey style.

We need to bring sharp, intelligent, young and energetic professionals up on the top so that the effect trickles down to everyone from top to bottom.

14. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    T20 means shit

Misbah brought them back to shut them for good. They wont be picked again under Misbah, mark my words

15. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    This is a present to those that wanted Mickey Arthur gone, now they enjoy these clowns again.

16. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Let’s hope it was just a bad day. Umar Akmal still has a lot to offer to Pak.

Shahzad should be dropped though.

17. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Two years ago, if someone asked me in an apocalyptic scenario, if all departments had failed under PTI except one, which one would it be? and I would have no hesitation in guessing that would be the PCB, but boy how things have developed!

18. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    No blessing when you pick Shezad and Akmal for a millionth time. Asif Ali is soon to join that list too. All have 0 application skills. Failures.

No idea why they drop Fakhar and Haris when you only play half a dozen games after a gap of 2 months. Surely they should play all games as they are the long term prospects and need the game time

19. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Bro bringing the hapless Umar and the ordinary Shezad back is not plan b. It should be plan Z.

Ahmed has been absolutely abysmal in T20 cricket. If there was a form of cricket where finding the fielder in the inner ring was rewarded with runs then he would be the next Bradman but he has under performed in T20i for an incredibly long time.

If they decided a plan b with untested players nobody would complain.

20. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Why give them this last chance anyways? what was expected from them? such a stupid move. This last chance crap has to finish. 100+ games is enough to know whether someone is mediocre or not

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Pessimistic Pessimistic x 1
    • List
  21. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Im not saying this is plan b. Im saying they dont have a plan b irrespective of whether akmals play or not

22. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Head coach Misbah-ul-haq is upset at Chief Selector Misbah-ul-Haq for selecting crap players in the team. In other news, after the dismal performance by the batsmen, batting coach Misbah-ul-Haq’s performance is being questioned as well.

And rumour has it the chief cook and chief masseuse for the team feel threatened about potentially losing their jobs to Misbah-ul-Haq too!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List