1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Middle east on the verge of a war ...

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Del, May 22, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Iran claiming 80 US personnel dead. Probably Balakot style bakwaas, though they may have hit Iraqis. US personnel may well have died but nowhere near the high figures being stated.

Good for domestic consumption...face saved. Hopefully things will de-escalate now and both sides see sense. US know Iran aren't bluffing, Iran have their 'revenge'.

2. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010

End of times.

3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
  4. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    Iranians have already said that if an attack happens inside iran and is launched from the UAE, they will attack the UAE.

im guessing that the missiles didnt do anything, the Iranians have pretty antiquated weaponry im told. either way, I hope the US will say there was no damage, and they are going to be leaving Iraq anyway, the Iranians will say they killed a gazillion troops, and so both can save face in front of their own electorates. I dont think anyone in the world can afford or wants it to escalate except some of the pentagon hawks and tel aviv.

5. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Lol Iran just did an Indian 'Surgical Strike' lmao!

6. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
  7. Del

Dec 21, 2016
  8. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    So hours after Iran launched attack on US bases, an earthquake hits near Iranian nuclear plant.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2133044/3/

I am certain, many (who dont know about HAARP) will see it as coincident.

9. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Satellite Photos of Iran's attack on US bases

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Unbelievable, accuracy is insane and these are ballistic missiles we're talking about.

10. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    1. barbecue
    2. volleyball court
    3. Compost heap
    4. Herb garden
    5. Outside toilet

web-in-post.jpg

11. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    The difference between balakot and this was, the Indians are full of shit they tried to do damage but ran with their tails between their legs. Pakistan repelled them.
    The Iranians did adopt the balakot style propaganda BUT its quite apparent they very very carefully selected their targets. This way no casualties gives America the ability to brush it off and iran the ability to boast a response.... The Iranians took a careful gamble as to not illicit a response and its paid dividends.
    Together with the Iraqi vote asking America to leave id say iran has done as well as it possibly could.
    Trump has tried to play this up but this is a blunder.

12. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    By design.

13. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Iran and US won't go to war.

Suleimani has been sacrificed for greater goods.

14. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Iran knows quite well it cannot take on the United States head on in a conventional fully-fledged war so it took a face-saving measure and struck down toilets and compost heaps, mainly to diffuse the anger in its own populace and quash their thirst for immediate revenge.

A good ploy by Iran in my opinion.

As far as Pakistan is concerned, the fact that both Pompeo and Esper called Bajwa within three days to discuss the situation and gain confidence shows Pakistan benefited from this situation, which is what we should be concerned about in any situation i.e our own mafaad.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  15. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Alhamdulillah, I can come out of my armored roll royce now

16. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    So this was all a drama and Iran eliminated Sulemani with the help of US.

17. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    US also cannot take on Iran

Gulf War is proof of that

18. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Trump did the same thing Modi did last year to win the elections again.

19. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    another interesting point to note is that the attack happened on 1 am

the news report went live at 6 am

el oh el

20. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Iranians have lost all their bearings now, come on they are proving to be the most stupid nation in the face of crisis, first close to a hundred people died in stumpage during Suleimani's funeral march. then they strike down heaps of mud with ballistic missiles fooling their own people, and then accidentally shot down a Ukranian plane with missiles killing 82 Iranian and 63 Canadians (almost all Iranian-Canadians).

Baggers' belief!

21. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    So what would you have them do? Kill US troops? Knowing that they were facing overwhelming force? Their bearings were fine.
    i really dont know what you would want them to do because this was the best outcome they could achieve.
    Do you know the difference between the American an Iranian military?

22. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    On contrary, I am wondering when US knew in advance that Iran will launch a missile attack than why didnt they use their "patriot missile system" to intercept?

23. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    another thing that doesnt add up is the media reporting took a long time to report the killing
    attack happened at 1 am and report went live 6 am

24. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    See one of my earlier posts, I said good ploy by Iranians, Iran cannot take on US head on etc etc Its the things that happened later that makes them look terrible.

25. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    Well you contradicted the earlier post with latter.

26. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    so the missile video US is showing is actually from Syria war lmaoo

27. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
  28. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Iran seriously taking a leaf out of Indias playbook...

Iran lost its top general.
    Lost 56 people in a stampede at the funeral.
    Accidently shot down Ukrainian plane, lost 176.
    Failed to inflict any US casualties.
    Declared victory.

India last year:

Lost 40 troops in Pulwama.
    Failed to inflict casualties in Balakot.
    Bases targetted & warned, PAF released video.
    Accidently shot down own Mi-17, lost 6 more.
    Lost at least one confirmed Jet & got the pilot captured.
    Declared victory.

Anyway Iran showing to be another na-kammi 'power' militarily. Only genuine forces in Islamic world are Pakistan and Turkey.

29. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    They deliberately missed. You think the iranians are stupid? The Indians messed up and made a concerted effort to inflict damage.... The iranians took a calculated risk as to not inflict casualties.

Imagine if one of those missiles accidentally went off target and killed a dozen us troops. how long before the US puts its f35's into action?

30. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    ... and now they have denied Iraq's request to start the mechanism for troop withdrawal.
    In one act of stupidity trump has pissed away all goodwill America may have built up... interesting to see what iraq will do next.

31. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Well they shot down a civilian plane, thinking it was a missile, killing 170+ people...

Re deliberately missed, well yes...

32. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    They shot a plane down in anticipation of an attack.... not an unforceeable scenario. They didn't think it was a missile they thought it was a military plane of some sort... according to the Iranians it went off course and allegedly towards a sensitive area. If that's true its not a case of stupidity but a mistake, a miscalculation. Im no military expert but id assume theyd have a short time to react.
    You posted 'failed to inflict any us casualties' So i was responding to that, regardless of what you previously posted.
    As for kammi power... let me play devils advocate. The turks didnt allow america to conduct hostile drone strikes often killing its citizens or allow America to put boots on the floor ala seal team six?
    Pakistan has a very long way to go.

33. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I have a feeling immediately after the Iranians sent the missiles down towards US bases at around 1 AM, they activated the Russian built 80's automatic surface to air anti-aircraft missile system (Tor) in anticipation of a US air reprisal in their major cities including Tehran, unfortunately by 6.00 AM, the system had not been deactivated (likely human error), and so the radar picked up the passenger plane (as confirmed by the US satellite radar detection) and as a consequence the automatic anti-air craft system automatically fired the missile that shot down the unfortunate plane.

34. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
    waay beyond my understanding... but its a shame. It never needed to happen. IMHO this is on the US and that idiot they elected for a president not just Iranian negligence.

35. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
    comical. Iran shoots down a passenger plane which took of from its capital city, (which is very far away from it borders) and blame goes to Trump?

Is Trump an idiot? yes. Is US foreign policy messed up? no doubt.

Thois shooting is nothing but utter incompetence on the part of the iranians.

however, congratulations to Iran on calling Trump's bluff. It was a lot of fun winding up trumpites.

36. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    I only see Americans blaming trump

I have not seen a single statement from Iran stating the blame on this idiotic blunder lies with Trump

37. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Banned

Feb 5, 2014
  38. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
    not surprising at all. the whole set of events h
    Having you been reading this forum at all? read the post above mine!