1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Misbah has been harassed by Inzamam and tableeghi gang in Pakistan team

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Feb 8, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

2. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    as much as i disliked the whole overt religious displays that were very much part and parcel of how inzi wanted "his" teams to behave its hard to take this journalism seriously for a few reasons, random source, poorly written article, website does not look professional and no name for the journo who came up with this.

inzi may have said something like that, who knows, but its mostly likely masala facbrication. that kaneria and akhter prospered during inzi's time shows that despite his religious inclinations he was from evidence a fair and just captain. that certain players grew beards and became extra religious to curry favour with inzi is not inzi's fault.

respectfully Mercenary i disagree with you kind of inter changing a gang mentality for peer pressure. a gang is very much an entity that forces you to do something you would not usually or face the risk of physical, mental or material harm. peer pressure is about mental weakness and needing acceptance and hence doing something you would not usually for the approval of others.

3. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    There is no doubt Inzy had his own gang. Even though we won a lot but we lost that "edge" during Inzy captaincy era.

4. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    There is no difference of offering prayer between Brelvi and Deobandi because they both are Handi. Main difference between Brelvi and Deobandi is that Deobandi are inspired by Wahabis which actually follow Muhammad Bin Abdul Wahab Najdi.

5. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    what does this suppose to mean?

6. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
  7. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Yeah Ahson Afzal explain what you mean. Don't judge others when you dont know them

8. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    I think Ahson Afzal meant in public; i.e., he was agreeing with u

9. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
  10. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    I cant see the video, youtube banned :fp

11. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    There's no massive differences but there are many small actions which can lead to heated arguments. I've seen it happen in mosques and gatherings myself. A Tableeghi friend of mine once said that if he sees another Muslim praying incorrectly then it is his duty to change the way that Muslim prays. Most people just say 'yes, yes' and ignore the interruption but some will talk back and that's when the problems start. Below is a list I posted earlier of differences that have caused issues between Barelvi and Tableeghi/Wahabi types....

12. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Not every gang has to be the archetypal weapon wielding, threat making group of rough tough individuals that we are so used to seeing in popular culture. Gangs exist in many different guises.

For example take girl gangs, now I'm not referring to the drug pushing, knife wielding girl gangs of city streets but the little group girl gangs who use passive aggressive tactics to bully others to conform to their way of doing things. They whisper, they gossip, they make remarks, they comment on how some girl is dressed or who she is seen hanging around with. Now these tactics don't immediately bring to mind typical thuggish gang behaviour but they can be far more effective than threats or physical aggression.

13. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Deoband don't follow Abdul Wahab Najdi; they hate Abdul Wahab & his Salafi followers.

Brelavi & Deoband both follow Imam Abu Hanifa so there is no chance of having any difference in Salah. They may have some issue at start of Salah or at the end of it but the main Salah is completely same.

Mercenary: issue raised by you are the product of following Fiqh over Sunnah.
    Also remember that there is no compulsion in Religion so whosoever want to thank Allah in public or private is free to do so, if anyone does that due to the fear of people than my suggestion will be to stop do it completely right-away; it is better to be a bad Muslim than to be a good hypocrite.

14. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    I can assure you people Inzimam will never do this especially a 'tableeghi' is never supposed to act as written by the wannabe Journalists and by our own Mercenary.

As isaacking stated, there is no major difference between the Salah of a Barelvi and Deobandi since both follow Fiqh-e-Hanfi and whatever the 'differences in Namaz' were posted above were complete rubbish, trust me.
    Differences which are stated above are the differences between Fiqh-e-Hanafi and Fiqh-e-Shafi and some of the Ghair-Muqallid/Salafis mainly but that is a scholarly difference which means that one party finds one position to be more 'Afzal' and vice-versa.

Besides this article, I want to make a few things clear here about Tableegh since I am quite closely associated with it as well :-

- Never do the Tableeghis preach 'their way of doing salah'
    - Never do they 'force' something on to others
    - Basic aim is to remind everyone of their mortality and the eternal life of the hereafter
    - Basic aim is to work on oneself first before preaching it to others and that also with the intention of fixing ourselves and not looking down upon anybody else. How they do? well, they practice praising Allah (SWT) and speaking about other teachings of Islam and those are very specific, meaning that one isn't allowed to speak about irrelevant issues.
    - Everybody is given due respect and there is no gang or planning to preach or to get somebody sidelined if they don't listen to them.

There are many other rules which I can tell you which usually most tableeghis stick to but if somebody decides to violate it, it is his own action and it is always condemned.
    As far as Inzimam is concerned, none of you have met him personally, I have met him and remained close to him for quite a while. Inzimam has been lecturing in FAST/UMT in Lahore these days and you only need to listen to his talks to get rid of the suspicion on his behavior.

All I can say to the haters of Inzimam and Tableegh is: Get well soon Bro! Just don't spread lies.

15. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Oh and by the way people, you guys might not know, Hashim Amla is a Tableeghi too.

16. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    I don't know if there are gangs or not. But I don't think religion and sport should mix.

17. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Your point of view and I do not agree with it.
    It depends on how you define "Religion" and if by religion you refer to Buddhism/Judaism/Christianity then I might agree with you since their religion remains in their churches and synagogues, however, Islam is unique in the sense that it gives you direction in every aspect of life whether that be Sports or any other profession. Islam doesn't remain in mosques rather it is supposed to fulfill every need of man. It is indeed a complete way of life and hence putting out Islam out of 'any' aspect of life is disrespecting and doubting its completeness.

18. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    The fact that you have had personal contact with pakistani cricketers and liken their mental strength to that of adolescent girls is a bit worrying.

If it is how you say, i can't really say much more. I still wouldn't call it ganging up, imo grown men should have the mental fortitude to stand alone and not need the approval of others.

19. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Cricket isn't a need of a man. Many of aspects of cricket that do not mix with Islam. Further I don't think Allah influences a game of cricket.

20. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    What I meant to say is that after winning a game, in the presentation ceremony, Misbah doesn't always say "First of all, thanks to Allah", infact I've rarely heard him say that
    shahrukh619 adnanulhaq97

21. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    I have no answer.

22. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    Lol, I think you misunderstood me the first time, should have been more clear

23. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    yup thats true..

24. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    This last sentence has always puzzled me. Not to turn this into a philosophical thread but if I could just quickly ask:

If you believe in Allah then you believe He has power over all things (Qadr etc), be it earthquakes and mountains to gnats and atoms, i.e. He is Almighty and everything is therefore under His might. Why is cricket exempt from this? I mean I can understand a non-Muslim taking exception to that, and I understand the argument that Allah does not support cricket teams. But I don't understand this argument, especially from Muslims, that Allah doesn't influence a game of cricket. If you can pray to or thank Allah for your exams or for your acne going away, then why would cricket be exempt?

25. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    I know there is no difference between Brelvis and Deobandis.
    Basicaly there are 4 Imams and some Ghair Muqaladeen who follow different methods of offering Salah, as i'm following Hanfi fiqha but i never hated other methods of salah nor said that they are wrong because all these methods are right and proved right from authentic ahadiths. Main thing is that if we are saying prayer or not?
    Many of us here do not say their prayer. In my point of view we shouldn't get entangled in this discussion. We just start saying prayer whatever method we are following.

26. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Is cricket halal? is it within the bounds of Islam?

27. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Er yes?

28. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    I have heard different opinions on this.

29. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Ok so I should go on further then, Job isn't a need of man, Profession isn't a need of man. And do you think God only helps when his creation is in need? Completely flawed theory.

Wow, Allah doesn't influence your examinations then? Allah doesn't influence your career? Allah doesn't influence your life? If you think so, you need to recheck on the religion you are following bro.

30. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Cricket is superfluous entertainment, how do you equate them to exams and career?

31. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    They say that Cricket is a waste of time. They say that we should use our time to do good deeds and not waste it on things which does not benefit us.

Thats what some say about Cricket.

I agree that Sports and Religion should not mix.

32. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Job is a need of man if he doesn't have his own land and can't grow his own food and manage his livestock. How again are you equating this with cricket? Are you going to drop dead if you don't watch cricket for a few days?

33. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    That is also what I have heard.

34. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    It's a waste of time, a source of entertainment but if you take it as a profession then it's no different than any other job in the world. If you balance your cricketing world and rest of your time well then there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing although one should look for a better job where he uses his intelligence and brain more often.
    Scholars call it a waste of time, a useless way of earning money since there is no real 'work' being done except for beating and winning which literally isn't the best of the ways to earn money. However, if you put your intentions right (i.e representing Islam on a different channel) then there is no harm in doing it.
    It is still way better than gambling or earning through interest-based banks.

35. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Wait a minute!

Are we talking about playing cricket or watching cricket?

36. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    What about watching cricket, is it halal? surely that time can be used more productively.

37. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Watching, playing, leisure, everything.

38. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Being on Internet and discussing cricket is a profession? :thinking

Surely if you want to follow religion closely then you`re wasting your time by watching, discussing cricket.

39. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Ah so you're saying it's trivial. I thought you meant literally out of Allah's jurisdiction which is the argument that I disagree with

But again, we have the option (in fact are encouraged) to pray for anything and everything, from the wart on our chin to go away to world affairs. If somebody wants to pray for this or thank Allah for a cricket game, let them. It's another matter that they can do it in private but people are different, some would and some wouldn't. And of course it's wrong to force the practice on somebody, but imho it's wrong to force it off somebody too.

40. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    True. This time could be used more productively.